Playing again without crashes, effort involved

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Jouven
Resident
Resident
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

Playing again without crashes, effort involved

#1 Post by Jouven »

If you followed the hive last patch thread https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/pa ... ix.307772/
They hinted a new PTR with fixes will happen, they haven't stated they know how to fix the crashes, I would say they haven't acknowledged them officially. So the eventual fix might take a long time, at least 2 weeks --> some PTR time and then the patch...

So I suggest to play in the eurobattle.net server on 1.28.5 meanwhile, probably "forever", because EotA is not being developed actively and anything new blizzard adds won't change the game, most likely they will break the game again and again.
There is a guide http://wiki.eurobattle.net/index.php?title=Main_Page it basically boils down to:
1 download the game at 1.28.5 (there are links there to get the game at that version)
2 Installing Eurobattle.net Client, an all-in-one program to setup warcraft 3 to connect to the eurobattle.net and update to the version the server is running, it also includes gproxy

PD: legit game keys aren't required on a private server
PD2: the only thing that might break if you install this waracraft 3 in another path are the registry settings but I don't think that's too severe

OR we can disregard playing EotA for quite some time.

Tell me what you think.

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

Re: Playing again without crashes, effort involved

#2 Post by aegir ravenking »

Well, regardless of Scheba, I got a call about 30 minutes ago that says I won't make tonight.

Also...I smell gas...need to find out about that.
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

Re: Playing again without crashes, effort involved

#3 Post by aegir ravenking »

Well, the gas was just an idiot neighbor pouring gas down a hole to annoy some bees. But other crap has came up that will keep me away from house and/or occupied on weekends till at least October.
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!