EotA: Twilight 1.15b4 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.15b4 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Zeppelin tweaks, some balance tweaks, probably a stable release version.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_15b4.w3x
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 536 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14b4 Download

#2 Post by DarnYak »

45 downloads in 1 day what.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.15b4 Download

#3 Post by watermelon »

Attunement doesn't work within the first minute but works after that.
Catapult Rune griefing.
Banned heroes will show up in -allheroes.
Reduce lag from Dominating Blow (Int).
Adjust Coif's effect.
Add description to the steam group to talk about meeting on battlenet.

Check Defiler's ult.

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

#4 Post by Jouven »

watermelon wrote: Adjust Coif's effect.
yep it says left click to use, when it is passive.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

BTW! Black Friday sale! EotA games & dlc 75% off! Starting at our usual time!

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

I will never buy the generator DLC, no matter how cheap it is.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#7 Post by watermelon »

Zepp notification can reveal end-game black screen.

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

#8 Post by Jouven »

Bugs:
1 Lich corpse keeps aoe healing if altar is there

After today's candleburg game...
Nerfs:
1 Nerf bane, if you don't want to revamp it, increase his innate cd duration, maybe the impale CD a bit too. He can spam his stuff too often compared to other heroes.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#9 Post by watermelon »

Heroes I think should be focused on for balance patch:
  • Bane - I feel like I'm always complaining about him. I would say that the stun on Charge should be removed since it already gives him mobility and more damage with talent. For similar reasons, I don't think enemies should be stunned after they get impaled as getting pulled to Bane is already unfavorable.
  • Scarab - Smite feels too spammable to me as mana costs later becomes irrelevant. Ult seems unreasonable in that there's no true counter to it; I would say that the duration should be reduced.
  • Tree - He's at the point where I feel that Eat Tree should make him eat himself. Pixies can add a lot to his damage output. Timbercurse and Taunting treants can pretty much shut down an enemy wave very easily while it's hard to keep up with dispels.
  • Garg - Innates are really annoying to take down with their evasion. In general, flying and being fat makes it pretty easy for him to escape, though that' s map-specific.
  • Murloc - mainly because of Tidal Curse which is pretty much spammable. I feel that the cast range and duration should be reduced. Having it be dispellable could help.
Suspect
  • Fenny - Having hamstring's duration be longer than its cooldown really isn't fun. Not sure if he is actually OP since PKers are a weird class of heroes, being too good at pking makes games unfun but not pking makes him useless.
  • FM - People seem to have mixed success with him. In my opinion, having dispels around won't really let him do anything, which is important early-game where he's kind of weak. If he gets fed though, he's pretty hard to deal with as Streak grants a lot of mobility.
Heroes that should have more playing, but generally I feel that those on this list are weaker or outclassed:
  • Swash - a lot has changed around him while he hasn't gotten as much. In general, a lot of heroes that he was able to deal with (read squishies) now have an option to deal with pkers which makes him less scary.
  • Inf - similar to Swash though she got the AoO nerf. She can't really be productive against her hard counters.
  • DW - other aoe heroes have more options than just pure damage.
  • Oracle - can she do anything else besides healing well? The other mass healers, Scarab and DS (and to some extent Int CS) have a more offensive presence. The only other thing she has going for her is Geyser.
EDIT:
I think hero balance should also be judged when perks didn't exist. (Have a mode that does that?)
Reminder: Don't let allied AI build gens under team energy system.

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#10 Post by Executor »

Most strength heroes seem overpowered. Colossus, Sorrow Liege, Elder Trent, Acid Reaver, Rune Knight, Glacial Tyrant, Blackguard and Behemoth are the ones I've tested so far. They can function as tanks, support, healers (sometimes indirectly through abilities like shields or damage transfer), dps, and most have a good income potential. All of them have a stun or root except Sorrow Liege, but he can provide movement aura and fear with possibility of slow. It is important to note that strength items contribute to both dps and survivability for these heroes. They appear strong in many ways.

Edit: On second thought, I think Sorrow Liege's guardians can stun.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#11 Post by watermelon »

Reminder to replace Expose talent for Lich.

I think RK is mostly support since Hazard Slash has a pretty long cooldown and he doesn't have a hold anymore.

EDIT:
There seems to be a bug with Soulmate's attribute reduction for enemies. It goes away if the affected gets back in range of SM.

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#12 Post by Executor »

Ah you're right, Rune Knight doesn't have a stun or root. I think his shield can be strong enough to compare with a healer, and the armor reduction from imbued equipment can lead to high physical dps, but I guess that can also fall under support. Technically, it also depends on items and skills chosen...but imbued equipment looks too good to turn down. Support is a tricky role since it can include things that are comparable to healing and dps.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by DarnYak »

BTW, Anon games today - Fruit themed names preferred!

DarnYak

Scheba
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Scheba

#14 Post by Scheba »

Some of these things were reported in chat already, but I don't remember which :) :
  • Bonelord's Crown still functions unreliably: sometimes, a hero is immune to having attributes stolen; attacking such a hero doesn't refresh the crown's 10 second timer either
  • Soul Strike damage is far lower than tooltip and -s state
  • Mockery sometimes increases the movement speed of affected heroes instead of decreasing it (probably only happens if there are other speed affecting buffs or debuffs on the target, so it's hard to test)
  • Heart of the Mountain and Dire Howl buff (the buff on Fenris himself, not the debuff) and Acid Sheath debuff (the damage debuff applied to enemy melee attackers) and Timbercurse cancel each other
  • Streak can be wasted while rooted: normally movement skills are disabled while rooted, but Streak can still be used - the mana cost is spent, the cooldown starts, but the skill doesn't move the hero
  • Charge can be wasted while rooted (the Charge aura works properly, though)
  • Dash can be wasted while rooted; I'm starting to suspect that all movement skills are affected, but I think I remember that it wasn't always like that
  • Geyser doesn't hit ethereal units
  • Explosives hit wards although wards are typically immune to AoE damage skills; I'm not sure if this is intentional
  • United Creeps: furbolgs' Howl of Terror affects heroes; there may be other unit skills that do
  • -s doesn't list values for Crash (strength version)
  • -s lists healing amount of Feast although it isn't linked to any attribute

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

Reminder to replace Expose talent for Lich.
I'm not actually sure why I'm suppose to replace it except for updating the tooltip since Remorseless is gone. I did, however, find a bug with it making it near useless.
There seems to be a bug with Soulmate's attribute reduction for enemies. It goes away if the affected gets back in range of SM.
Not really sure what you mean...unless Flo is recasting Soulmate which will undo the attribute loss.
•Bonelord's Crown still functions unreliably: sometimes, a hero is immune to having attributes stolen; attacking such a hero doesn't refresh the crown's 10 second timer either
It's probably not random but without knowing the cause I can't fix it. My best guess is other items with attack procs would likely fail in the same way. Might even be caused by how the attack is ordered, I'm not sure (unlikely but who knows).
•Mockery sometimes increases the movement speed of affected heroes instead of decreasing it (probably only happens if there are other speed affecting buffs or debuffs on the target, so it's hard to test)
WC3 issue I'm unaware of how to fix.
•Heart of the Mountain and Dire Howl buff (the buff on Fenris himself, not the debuff) and Acid Sheath debuff (the damage debuff applied to enemy melee attackers) and Timbercurse cancel each other
Buff conflicts generally won't get fixed.
•Streak can be wasted while rooted: normally movement skills are disabled while rooted, but Streak can still be used - the mana cost is spent, the cooldown starts, but the skill doesn't move the hero
•Charge can be wasted while rooted (the Charge aura works properly, though)
•Dash can be wasted while rooted; I'm starting to suspect that all movement skills are affected, but I think I remember that it wasn't always like that
I don't remember any movement spells being conveniently disabled, and I'm going to call it a feature not a bug, players shouldn't waste skills if they're rooted ;P
•Geyser doesn't hit ethereal units
It's physical
•Explosives hit wards although wards are typically immune to AoE damage skills; I'm not sure if this is intentional
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure it was intentional. Willing to still go with it as a feature.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#16 Post by watermelon »

I'm not actually sure why I'm suppose to replace it except for updating the tooltip since Remorseless is gone. I did, however, find a bug with it making it near useless.
Sorry about the confusion, though I think the talent is pretty much useless without Remorseless. Having it be a one level talent with a guarantee of making spawns attack a hero could make it more worth taking, with adjusted costs.

As a side comment, I think Mortarataoaitoirum isn't as useful as Remorseless, though that could just be me being uncreative. I also miss being able to have better control over Aoe Rend Soul.
Not really sure what you mean...unless Flo is recasting Soulmate which will undo the attribute loss.
Say Flo casts Soulmate on me, an enemy. I move out of range, ending Soulmate and triggering the attribute reduction. However, I get back into range for Flo and the attribute reduction disappears. If I then leave Flo's range, I don't get the reduction.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#17 Post by watermelon »

Buff conflicts generally won't get fixed.
At the very least, Brain Freeze should not conflict with Chasten.