EotA: Twilight 1.14d Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14d Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

New harpy! New shaman! The creep revamp is underway!

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14d.w3x
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 299 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14d Download

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Bugs:

- Mini-swoop targets/pushes structures
- Killing Spree works on buidings/mechanical
- Voodoo Doll attribute reduction works from minor/insignificant hits
- Something about swoop halting if it misses?
- AI doesn't merc properly
- AI doesn't kill anchors (or other focus targets)

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Backlash talent still showing for Harpy.
Heard that Fire totem doesn't deal damage.

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#4 Post by Crazyedd »

This isn't really related to any of the new changes, but you may want to tweak maps a little.

Specifically

Kedge: Change the placement of the 'neutral tower' (the one that the tower commanders can take over and bombard the beach with) on the west side near the north team's first encampment. Whenever that lane is getting sieged, a lot of the creeps focus the tower, which is pointless. Also the tower is slightly in range of the encampment's tower, meaning that melee creeps attacking the neutral tower can be hit by the encampment towers. This doesn't happen with the south side tower because of the way that melee units meet the tower, they are just out of range of the south encampment's towers.

Stormwail: I'm not sure if there are any other lanes that this happens on but, because of the miss chance that blizzard added to range units firing on someone at a higher vantage point, the west team gets a slight advantage on the bottom lane because the east creeps meet at a lower point than the west creeps, meaning that the west creeps get a slight advantage from the miss chance.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Nice observations, I'll fix them.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Just to clarify, on stormwail are you referring to the ramp into the river or the ramp halfway through the path?

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

In trying to fix the AI maw bug (its fixed now), I can pretty much confirm a direct correlation between random graphical effects becoming permanent (and probably other weird bugs - not sure if this has any relation to the Streak lightning bug though, possibly the verdant respawn failing too) and maw being cast.

Zombie Apocalypse is the last huge bug I've been working on all day. For some reason it works fine when its using the neutral hostile player, but not when using neutral extra. Neutral extra is perfectly fine casting in other places (many of the stuns for example), so I don't know why this particular spell is failing.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

I tried to add an over the shoulder camera during swoop to make it more interesting, but it sadly comes out completley non-sensical with terrain height changes. It probably sounds like a horrible idea to start with but it actualy wasn't that bad, it just is completely fucked over by mountains.

Also, the zombie apocalypse won't work except when neutral hostile is behind it, using neutral extra is inexplicably not working.

Goddamn I hate coding for wc3.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#9 Post by watermelon »

Expunge's mechanic is nice but can really end up making the game laggy.
Voodoo Doll's stat reduction/damage amplification should be reduced especially when Str can be randomly decreased which can lead to instant death for heroes.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

watermelon wrote:Voodoo Doll's stat reduction/damage amplification should be reduced especially when Str can be randomly decreased which can lead to instant death for heroes.
I've already changed the attribute thing, it now has a maximum per doll which gets applied randomly.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#11 Post by watermelon »

Can you make the removal of the moontear not interrupt channeling spells?
Not so sure if this is a bug, but AI Eido always seems to be able to create some incredibly hard to find/nonexistent(?) stump on blue's base for Rock lane at Stormwail.