EotA: Twilight 1.14c7 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14c7 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Yes another update, who'd have thought?

I don't know what's new besides tavern heros being updated. I did some shit before I took a break and forgot what it was. Wouldn't be surprised if something is completely broken.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14c7.w3x
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 250 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14c7

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Bugs:

- [FIXED] Leaving will have the AI take over the wrong player
- Zombie Apocalypse creep dots / zombie units being recycled

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Zombie units give bounty.
Not sure if it's a bug but If zombies kill a hero, the other team won't receive crystals.
Are zombies supposed to spawn for either team?
Reminder about AI dwarf invis getting cancelled by sacrifice.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Not sure if it's a bug but If zombies kill a hero, the other team won't receive crystals.
Need to be an ally of the killer and enemy of the dying.
Are zombies supposed to spawn for either team?
That's a bug that turns out is part of why the zombies are so weak - they're still getting recycled, so even a huge zombie group will vanish within like 40 seconds. I think.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

Need to be an ally of the killer and enemy of the dying.
Really? I'm pretty sure crystals were rewarded with Potato kills, Inf killing herself/allies with mines, and troll Neph's Betrayal causing AI heroes to kill each other.
  • Stonegaze's tooltip has a text error in that two periods appear.
  • Are you going to buff artifacts?
  • Blah blah Glacial Wall passive nerf blah blah.
  • For some reason, the Dragonscale Helm socketed with Gem of Knowledge can bug by not restoring mana correctly. Don't know why it happens since it was inconsistent and only seemed to have happened near the end of attached replay. It strangely fixes itself when I use it one last time.
  • Did you make AI able to prioritize certain units like Anchors again?
  • For the AI teams, you could make them hire tavern heroes with their excess gold.
For Garg balancing, you should definitely scale back damage from Terra Smash to buildings. Maybe even scale back the damage overall but not to the point where it's useless.
Innate is extremely strong at distracting a single creep wave compared to a similar unit like Taunting Tree Level 1.
There's really no incentive to invest in Ravenous Dive beyond level 1 since it can do enough or not do anything. Perhaps you could change the carrying mechanic to reflect more about Garg and the hero's Str like having hold duration depend on it (with a maximum and minimum).
I don't even know what to say about Stonegaze anymore.
Attachments
garg is so balanced.w3g
(195.68 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Really? I'm pretty sure crystals were rewarded with Potato kills, Inf killing herself/allies with mines, and troll Neph's Betrayal causing AI heroes to kill each other.
You're right, crystal was awarded seperatey from exp, and this is fixed now.
Are you going to buff artifacts?
I should, but I haven't gotten around to it and don't know if I will. In theory "more items" is on the list of shit I'd like to do.
Did you make AI able to prioritize certain units like Anchors again?
Yea they should be... anchor wasn't on the priority target list till recently as i recall.
I don't even know what to say about Stonegaze anymore.
Tooltip's fixed so lets see how that plays out next version.

I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm in your replay names.
For some reason, the Dragonscale Helm socketed with Gem of Knowledge can bug by not restoring mana correctly. Don't know why it happens since it was inconsistent and only seemed to have happened near the end of attached replay. It strangely fixes itself when I use it one last time.
It's probably due to sheilding, which was being really damn abusive with fungal armor at some points (the full health fungal armor bug). Don't ask why shields are even involved, its an oversight, but it basically means that the helm won't restore mana if you're damaged and shielded, but will if you're full health or not shielded.
For the AI teams, you could make them hire tavern heroes with their excess gold.
I'm not sure that's even desirable, even with the improved AI. Curious to see if buying them returns as a viable gold expenditure. Or if its restricted to just buying blackguard, if even that.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#7 Post by watermelon »

I'm not sure that's even desirable, even with the improved AI. Curious to see if buying them returns as a viable gold expenditure. Or if its restricted to just buying blackguard, if even that.
Could be true, but they usually seem to end up with more gold anyway.

Attached a replay with hints of sarcasm erased. Not a complete game since it got boring.
Shows AI using talents, broken AI for Font summoned heroes (just stayed at base after retreating), and the AI death glitch with instant teleportation related to Font battles. There was also some weird lane pathing going on in the beginning for three of my AI allies.
UD VF - ai teleport glitch.w3g
(216.27 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
EDIT: Not sure if the AI can still prioritize certain units in this version. Didn't really see AI try attacking Anchor or AC's entangling weeds.

EDIT 2: Attached an extremely short replay which shows two problems about the AI: problems with pathing as an AI strolls through the middle enemy base at level 1 (purple BP) and two AI heroes building Ob towers on same tower.
ai has issues on storm.w3g
(8.02 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Some heads up for the next version:
- AI trying to hero kill should behave more focused on those heroes, and use some abilities they formerly weren't
- AIs carrying moontears should be more risk adverse
- AIs trying to hold an area (verdant/kedge) should group up before moving in if they're outnumbered - so far I haven't been able to clearly observe this working though (its actualy fairly hard to properly have occur on its own)

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14c7 Download

#9 Post by SuIIy »

Are you going to buff artifacts?
Most of the artifacts really only need a price reduction to make them digestible. That, and I've noticed that the effects that come with each item tend to cost a alot of mana. Reducing the price and mana cost 20 or 30% to me would seem fair and a quick way to deal with it. Just my thought.