EotA: Twilight 1.14c6 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14c6 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

More AI

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14c6.w3x
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 290 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14c6 Download

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Known issues:

- DW has some bug in his spell AI causing him to do some strange running around
- Eido's wilting/spore cloud targetting is off due to a bug
- Talents still aren't being upgraded even though their set to

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Doesn't look like Buffet works, at least from using it against heroes. By first unit hit, does it mean the first time you cast Tempest or the first unit struck by a wave?

Just to put it somewhere: Glacial Wall passive nerf.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

First struck by each wave. Note that it might not actualy be the closest due to how the system works, if it hits multiple units on its very first tick of damage. But yea its broken.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

On Stormwail, the AI worker will try to build Ob towers even if a hero has already placed an Ob tower there.

Should Oracle's heal prioritize ally units with the lowest life (doesn't feel like it) or it there a different kind of priority?

I think Fenris's AI should make him learn Dire Howl because without it, he can't really do much to spawns.
How'd you change Tyrant's AI? It looks like he doesn't use his ice wave spell that much which seems to be better than casting the ensnare spell (he won't try picking up crystals). Haven't seen him use his innate.

Would be nice if there was some kind of way to make the AI give the moontear to a human player since a lot of AI heroes aren't good at surviving.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

On Stormwail, the AI worker will try to build Ob towers even if a hero has already placed an Ob tower there.
On the same team? And was the item tower in existance first? I've noticed the AI doing some default blizz behavior with building those things - they'll automatically cancel them before they die, automatically rebuild them, and send workers from all over the map to repair/complete building them. I dont know to what extent, if any, i can disable that happening but most of it seems fairly harmless.
Should Oracle's heal prioritize ally units with the lowest life (doesn't feel like it) or it there a different kind of priority?
It's a weighted random, based on the amount of health missing - ie, a unit with 500 health missing has a 500x chance of being picked than a unit with 1 health missing.
I think Fenris's AI should make him learn Dire Howl because without it, he can't really do much to spawns.
It was actualy set to be his highest priority, but there was a typo preventing its use.
How'd you change Tyrant's AI? It looks like he doesn't use his ice wave spell that much which seems to be better than casting the ensnare spell (he won't try picking up crystals). Haven't seen him use his innate.
Inniate's unused for now, having him use it properly is a little tricky (aside from interrupts). He only takes level 1 of ensnare, and focuses on shatter/icy barrier. I changed Arctic Cataclysm to be lower priority because he usually missed his target since its fairly slow.
Would be nice if there was some kind of way to make the AI give the moontear to a human player since a lot of AI heroes aren't good at surviving.
Yea I intend(ed) to add an AI objective for holding the moontear but haven't gotten to it yet. RL's been busy.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#7 Post by watermelon »

On the same team? And was the item tower in existance first?
Yes to both. The effect is just to make the AI look silly so I don't think it should be a high priority to fix. Workers do seem to be better at building Ob towers than the AI heroes though as most hold onto their Mini Ob Tower.

Arctic Cataclysm is not really used effectively against heroes but it could be used well against the spawns rather than Shatter being a hero-specific spell.

I'm not too sure about RK learning the teleport rune since the effect is rather negligible at level 1.

It seems like insane AI would eventually end up having a lot of gold left over due to the price reduction they get. Would they do anything with that extra gold?

Do Red/Blue AI heroes give crystal bounty? I died once yet the AI on the other team had heroes upgrading their weapons.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

I'm not too sure about RK learning the teleport rune since the effect is rather negligible at level 1.
It's just for the interrupt.
It seems like insane AI would eventually end up having a lot of gold left over due to the price reduction they get. Would they do anything with that extra gold?
Merc? ;P Besides that no.
Do Red/Blue AI heroes give crystal bounty? I died once yet the AI on the other team had heroes upgrading their weapons.
They should have the same rules as others, which would mean they would give crystal if they are on a team with a human only if the opposing team is entirely AI.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

Ok I'm heading home to California till the 14th. I have EotA+editor stuff with me, so I may have a ton of time to work on EotA - or I may just be surper frustrated at working on my laptop and get nothing done. I might even be able to show up for Sunday games, but I might be busy irl too. At the very least i'm taking a notepad with me and going to try to spend the 6 hour flight thinking of ideas for the creep revamp or whatever else I come up with.

DarnYak

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#10 Post by Kalrithus »

Have a safe trip and take it easy, you know where to find us if you need any testing done :twisted:

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#11 Post by watermelon »

Oracle's Nemesis's suicidal dispel can't damage invulnerable summoned units like wand of negations.
Check Oracle's heal for dispelling DP.

AI Things:
  • Is Scarab not supposed to learn Smite anymore?
  • I noticed some weird retreating by an AI ally into an enemy base at Kedge when the action listed was "Heal." Didn't always happen.
  • You could make the AI try to repair the towers without a base in Gloom.
  • Are you going to do anything with AI IS using webs or just make him spam his innate?
  • You could try to make the AI rebuild bases though if their bases are being destroyed, it mostly means they're at a disadvantage they can't overcome. They could also hire an AI hero from the tavern.
Attached a replay showing a small Stormwail game with some of the problems I mentioned like workers building Ob towers at the same spot sometimes.
You can also see the advantage of grabbing top/bottom first against the AI since they never try to take it back.
Attachments
AI Inf knows how to play!.w3g
Not a full game but pretty clear who had the advantage
(105.41 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

So, anyone remember what i was doing when i left off? ;P

DarnYak

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#13 Post by Executor »

I'm not sure where you left off, but I can list a few suggestions. Fix: Polymorph interferes with unit movement, and invigorate (upgrade) stops movement of druids casting it repeatedly. Mercenary heroes appear to not buy items. Maybe AI can rebuild lost bases, and build over destroyed enemy bases (similar to AI replacing Digmasters in gloomreap)?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by DarnYak »

I remembered, I was holding off digging into the messy code that is the tavern heroes.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#15 Post by watermelon »

Have you made the AI learn talents correctly yet?
I think there was also another upgrade related to the Fel Horde's Obsidian statue that needed fixing.

I've also updated my rambling post about the AI so you can look there if you're bored.

roaddogg
Wanderer
Wanderer

#16 Post by roaddogg »

What about Neph? When he returns?

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#17 Post by Crazyedd »

^^^What he said.

Neph was my favourite hero in the game, and you just took him away like he wasn't even there at all! :(

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by DarnYak »

I dont know who you're talking about.

DarnYak