EotA: Twilight 1.14c3 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14c3 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

More ai.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14c3.w3x
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

Zdig25
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: KingOHearts

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14c3 Download

#2 Post by Zdig25 »

Is Scarabs passive ever going to get a re-work? It just seems a tad dull...

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Yak is focusing on AI stuff now.
  • Do something to False Alliance.
  • DW's talent, Tug, doesn't seem to work or the effect is really unnoticeable.
  • Could you nerf the passive chance for Glacial Wall? The chance for +5 should probably be around evasion chance for other items.
  • Could you make hero pick selection end if all human players observe?
AI Stuff
  • RK doesn't seem to cast his ult anymore.
  • Tree often gets conflicted about eating trees or running away and then gets killed but for the most part, he uses his innate well.
  • If you ever improve the AI management for hiring waves, you could try to make them hire merc waves from other bases in the same lane as the base getting attacked. Would also be interesting to see them hire waves to be on the offensive.
Saw a game with Human AI vs UD AI at VF. TC performed really poorly with "Support" and "HealPartner". In a Font battle, she just wandered outside of the Font area while her clone fought. This gave UD an advantage. (Then again, that team had Rue)
Are you planning to make Ember cast his ult? Would have made him much better at sieging.
AI Reek doesn't heal from Maw of Death. He still freezes occasionally. Haven't seen him cast Anchor if he's supposed to.
Rue froze for a while in VF. May be related to him being yellow player and what I saw before.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Are you planning to make Ember cast his ult? Would have made him much better at sieging.
There was a typo screwing it up.
Rue froze for a while in VF. May be related to him being yellow player and what I saw before.
Under any particular objective? I've seen it before with Neph, but I assumed it was neph's quirkiness. Being a particular color should never be relevant (well, MAYBE red/blue).
TC performed really poorly with "Support" and "HealPartner". In a Font battle, she just wandered outside of the Font area while her clone fought.
TC's AI needs to be re-merged with the default AI, which will happen at the end of all the AI changes. Otherwise I have to tweak things in multiple places. That or I'll find a way to make TC just use the default AI.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

Objective and action for Rue were blank. He was between the Tide Font and fountain and then unfroze to kill a wounded human hero. The Font battle then set his objective normally.

The AI battles were kind of interesting in that heroes kept running back and forth to the fountain and it only took one enemy hero to keep having the Font battle continue. The UD only lost the first Font battle and kept winning the others, even though some battles were in the humans' favor.

I was kind of surprised that you decided to make Lich use Remoreless. He actually ended up comboing with Rue's Royal Guards.

EDIT: As I was seeing the replay, I saw that this happened to AI Tact after a Font battle was over. She just got stuck near the Zenith Font and didn't respond to the following Font battle.

For some reason, Tact also revived instantly during a Font battle though she was never in it since she got trapped.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Objective and action for Rue were blank. He was between the Tide Font and fountain and then unfroze to kill a wounded human hero.
Was he just spamming the crap out of the screen? That's usualy a sign that the AI either failed somehow or didn't finish calculating what to do in time.
I was kind of surprised that you decided to make Lich use Remoreless.
Is that a bad thing? ;P I came to the conclusion he wasn't using dark altar very well, and its fairly difficult to get him to do so beyond just self healing.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#7 Post by watermelon »

DarnYak wrote: Was he just spamming the crap out of the screen?
Pretty much.
DarnYak wrote: Is that a bad thing? ;P I came to the conclusion he wasn't using dark altar very well, and its fairly difficult to get him to do so beyond just self healing.
Nah, I just thought it was cool. =P

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

AI never surrenders.jpg
Was testing out the new version where everything works. Dear god that came out to be a long game. Somewhere around the hour mark I decided to stay just to see #1 how long it would take and #2 if it would crash at some point (obvioulsy it didn't).

The spawn tower ai still needs a bit of improvement (that's part of the reason the game took so long), but overall its looking good. The fact that the game took so long is a bit of a mixed bag - they should have been able to end it sooner with some more focused sieging tactics, but the fact that the ai held out as long as it did also means its defensive capibilities are getting reasonable. I dont know how long this would have taken before the AI changes - no spawn towers obviously means slower sieging, but no repairing also means shit gets worn down and eventualy destroyed fairly quickly.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#9 Post by SuIIy »

Had some sort of AI glitch while doing a single on Verdant Falls. Don't have the replay but the some of my allied heroes (Bane, Lich, Shammy) ended up just chilling at their altars instead of fighting, this was after like 20 minutes of gameplay and a save-exit-reloading of the game. The allied Harpy seemed to preform ok.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#10 Post by watermelon »

I'm guessing that was a Verdant Falls game?
Doesn't seem too bad since Inf hasn't even been converted to the new AI.

Some Lich-related stuff
  • Could you make Entombed Skeletons attack the target when they get created since they tend to attack other units due to the target being rooted.
  • Would be nice if Bonestorm skeletons were immune to AoE spells like Plight's scouts. They could still be countered by dispels like Staff.
  • I think Dark Altar can cause a lot of lag. I had one VF game in which I went Remorseless without any lag and another VF game with Dark Altar in which there was immense lag late-game that made it hard to quit WC3.
@SuIIy: I've seen the same thing when you reload a saved game, but I honestly don't think it's important for Yak to fix.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

WC3 doesn't handle saves right.
I'm guessing that was a Verdant Falls game?
Gloom actualy. I need to have them be more aggressive at claiming open digsites (and ideally defending them as well), but its a good testing ground for the overall ai.
Would be nice if Bonestorm skeletons were immune to AoE spells like Plight's scouts. They could still be countered by dispels like Staff.
That's how they were at first, and it was extremely broken.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#12 Post by watermelon »

The funny thing is that after I made that Bonestorm suggestion, I had a game against Lich AI, which made me change my mind about it.

Gloom bases take forever to take down even if a team has an advantage which could explain that long game duration.

Not so important but AI Inf gets countered pretty easily by Shadowsight.

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#13 Post by SuIIy »

@SuIIy: I've seen the same thing when you reload a saved game, but I honestly don't think it's important for Yak to fix.
Ok, I wasn't totally sure if it was related to playing saved games or not so I figured I'd mention it.