Massive game lag?

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massive game lag?

#1 Post by DarnYak »

In the few test games i played, there's an apparent bug that causes the game to lag like hell for a while and eventualy become unplayable. I've been looking over skills I thought may be doing but I haven't seen anything yet, so I'm asking for help from you guys if it happens to you in some game.

I don't need the replays of those games, but a list of heroes used would be immensly helpful in tracking down the problem. This may not be an issue with undead becuase I redid some other spells to attempt to improve game performance. Spells each hero used (or didn't use) would be nice, but if a certain hero appears during several of these crashes I'll hopefully find it anyway.

Also should be noted that in the few games i encountered it I believe the lag was tied to spwns being in a very specific region. In one case it was just outside the southern Candleburg base, the lag stopped once we left that region but once we all walked back in it went to hell.

And another point, this should not be caused by a specific effect. Geyser is still relatively laggy, but its lag should go away after the spell effect ends. I'm looking for something that doens't seem attatched to any active spell.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#2 Post by Dekar »

Aero (me), Spider, Scarab, Treant vs Naga, DL, Defiler, Garg ( all comps ) on Candle. Complete game with one merc push ( all 3 ) and several spawn unit waves. At the end I bought Earth.

No lag noticed, with fps on.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by mianmian »

Naga lags, but thats all i've had expirience with lately, and yes Gush lag goes away when its done, I think the heal lags a tiny bit, but the effect is worse when theres lots of units on the screen (ala Kedge) or maybe thats just Kedge ~~
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower