EotA: Twilight 1.14b7 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14b7 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Fixes, balancing, new combos...oh yea, and booonestoooooooorm!!!

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14b7.w3x
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 263 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14b7 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Nerf Oracle's talent, Zen Force.
You mentioned something about a health bonus for Bonestorm's skeletons. Shouldn't the corpses get removed too?
You probably shouldn't call it an Entombed Skeleton anymore. =P Would be nice if they also get some sort of improvement.

Could you have something in -s or the tooltip for Stormspire that explains how much it gets charged by?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

Rue's Royal Guard needs a bit more testing. It wasn't really buffed, but the fact that they stay close to you now makes their damage absorption so much more consistent and he felt a crapload more tanky with them. They also arne't properly fanning out around the hero.

Bonestorm intentionally doesn't remove corpses, but it won't use then more than once. I just don't want him wiping all the corpses off the map.

Entombed I'm debating on what I want to do with exactly. The original idea never worked out. I'm considering giving them a brief poison attack that heavil slows but for a very short duration (like -75% speed for 0.5 seconds), but I'm not sure that'll be sufficient. Gravebind just feels lackluster in general. So does remorseless for that matter. Not that either skill is bad exactly.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#4 Post by watermelon »

Orb of Life could be nerfed. The passive effects combined with its active makes it really good at making any fragile hero bulky.
Orb of Mana's sleep duration could be reduced or nerfed in some other way.

Royal Guard's Martyr doesn't have W as its hotkey. Having them teleport looks like it breaks their AI temporarily but they recover once Rue is ordered to do something.
I think it's more like you made Royal Guard more usable because microing them without the AI was a pain. In my test game, it looks like they did become harder to take down with their hero armor, and the upgrades helped them become fat like Rue.

I think the adjustments for the Aura were a good touch since it could make Rue actually use the other auras. I feel that the Aura of Warding got a pretty high % though.

Without the Malignant Chapel talent, Shadow Bastion is just like a super command tower. It doesn't seem too useful to cast it on the actual battlefield (except maybe as a hideout for Rue?).

Eh, I actually do like Remorseless as it is, but I think I'm the only one who actually gets it.
Gravebind is kind of like RK's old Stun Rune in that it's not terribly exciting but works. I favor Remorseless more though since it supports the spawns and has a nice combo with Lich's innate whereas increasing levels of Gravebind doesn't seem too cost-effective as it increases the mana cost for a small increase in duration (and the mana drain effect that isn't too noticeable). Putting a strong slowing poison attack on the skeletons could work since the skeletons are pretty easy to get rid of.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Code: Select all

[Bugfix] Items giving evocation damage were actualy increasing magic damage taken instead
 [Bugfix] Items giving magic resistance were being applied twice 
[Bugfix] Some items would have some of their effects linger after dropping the item

As Rick Perry would say, "Ooops."

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Update on desync: 1.12c7 desyncs. There's no way this desync bug has existed for that long, so SOMETHING has changed. I have no fucking clue what it could be, or even if i knew what i could do to fix it. And its pretty clear not all maps trigger it for some reason. What the hell.

Update #2: Updating windows & rebooting seems to have fixed it for Shortling. Makes no sense but if it works i'm happy.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#7 Post by SuIIy »

As Rick Perry would say, "Ooops."
:lol:

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#8 Post by watermelon »

There's a bug with consumable items: trying to move an item to the same spot it's in will remove that item.

After casting Ethereal Binding once, the shades have their hp visible and can be selected. You probably need to readd Locust to them.