EotA: 1.13d5 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: 1.13d5 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Finishes off the bulk of elf changes (just Aero from last version), various bugfixes, TC's AI has been expanded to work for most heroes (hasn't been throughly tested yet, missing a few known important features).

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_13d5.w3x
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 232 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: 1.13d5 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

The AI's revive timer seems to be broken as they revive nearly instantly after they finish dissipating.
I noticed that two of my AI teammates built Ob towers at the same Ob.
I wasn't able to debug properly, but the AI also acts really jittery when they're at low health. They also don't seem to spam spells as much as they did before, though I did see more usage of Tangleweed from AC.

I like the change to Soar that removes the waiting time, but I'm not sure if it's very useful anymore since it's hard to keep it on at lower levels. At level 6, it's practically a passive since there is no downside to not having it on.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Observer mode makes the minimap strange with Gloom. What the minimap shows doesn't correspond with what you're actually seeing.
-camera2 should be disabled for observer mode.

Some more observations about AI:
The jitteriness of the AI when they're at low health seems to be caused by how they're spammed with the Heal, No Action. This causes some problems since they are sometimes unable to move.

Most of the heroes were bad at retreating when they had low health, choosing to hang around instead. (This is especially noticeable when you're with the stalker support heroes.) They were ordered Support, Regen. I also noticed that two heroes ran through the enemy base while trying to retreat, causing them to get killed by the towers, though that may be because of Gloom.

All AI heroes start with the Tiny Ob Control Tower, regardless of the map.

Some hero specifics:
TC can act stupid by trying to heal heroes retreating to the base. I don't think she can cast Ebb and Flow and Fork.
AA doesn't seem to cast Ethereal Healing anymore.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

The retreating through an enemy base is unfortunately near impossible to fix in WC3.

Low health heroes studdering should have been fixed, i'll have to take another look at it..

DarnYak