Changing Hero Kill Rewards

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changing Hero Kill Rewards

#1 Post by DarnYak »

A heads up here incase people want to comment before the test version (whenever that may be). I'm redoing the awards for a hero kills as follows:

XP: Whenever a lower level hero kills a higher level one, that hero will get 30% of the difference in experience between the two heroes. So if a hero with 400 kills one with 500 xp, they'll get a bonus 30 xp. This will be mitigated by multiple heroes around the way exp is normally split. This is also applied after the base hero kill xp is awarded (so if the above scenario gave 50xp base for the kill, it will be (500 - (400 + 50)) * 0.3 = 15 xp)

Gold: There is no longer a flat 400 gold bounty for hero kills. 400 will remain the maximum for heroes over level 15, but it scales up to 400 for lower level kills. This is obvioulsy to mitigate the significant imbalance an early hero death can cause. Further, repeated frequent hero deaths will now have a reduced bounty as well - currently planning that the maximum bounty is cut in half if a hero dies within 3 minutes of reviving. This will stack, so killing a hero a third time right when they spawn will only grant 25%, the next 12.5%, etc.

I'm also debating having a direct transfer of gold on a kill for something like, if the hero is over level 30 and has over 2000 gold, 25% of the gold above 2000 is put into the bounty. Current plan is to not include it, but I'm curious if anyone has particular thoughts on it.

Crystal: Probably unchanged, might apply the same reduction for recent deaths as gold.

In addition to the above, there is the possibility of particular situations where bounty is reduced or removed entirely. The only current planned example is for holders of the new Kedge Moontears, as the reward there is intended to be them dropping the moontear. I might tweak all deaths on Candleburg as well.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Changing Hero Kill Rewards

#2 Post by Dekar »

I'm also debating having a direct transfer of gold on a kill for something like, if the hero is over level 30 and has over 2000 gold, 25% of the gold above 2000 is put into the bounty. Current plan is to not include it, but I'm curious if anyone has particular thoughts on it.
DotA style punishing for carrying gold around instead of spending it on item with 100% sell value? Not such a great idea.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#3 Post by jamn455 »

Bad Idea.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by mianmian »

Causing people to lose gold is a bad idea.

As for this reduced bounty thing, I'm unsure how I feel about it. It really invalidates the feeling of getting an early PK, without making it less frustrating for the person that died. It just punishes the better player.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

I've changed the scaling on bounties now. There's a base minimum of 200 gold, with an additional 400 that gets added in untill level 25. So after 25, a full hero kill is worth 600

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

Time to take a break from my long lasting Inf break! :D
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer