EotA 2.0

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.

Which version?

64%
No votes
Exodus 2.0
No votes
EotA: Beyond the Portal
9%
EotA: Maze 1.0
9%
EotA: Kedge's Conquest
9%
EotA: Warhammer Clone
9%

Total votes: 11

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA 2.0

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Who'd prefer to see EotA 2.0 instead of 1.11?

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#2 Post by Dekar »

Ignoring the fact that its the first of april:

Is 2.0 a total remake and will take a looong time to finish but everything will be better ?

Or is it just formal because of the new map / systems / race?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:Is 2.0 a total remake and will take a looong time to finish but everything will be better ?

Or is it just formal because of the new map / systems / race?
Would be mostly a remake. Believe it or not, it wouldn't take as long to start over as one would think...hell, it would probably go faster then waiting for eota 1.11 to save.

DarnYak

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'd rather see 2.0 because I'm not gonna name names, but someone named Morgoth-Bauglir@Lordaeron figured out how to get perfect scores each game.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Shadow.M4L »

I would say 2.0 too...
Ahh yeah if you realy want to do such immense changes, then you could maybe do this.
I experimented today with some Items and Spellbooks and found a way to Upgrade Items without having these Useless +1 +2 +3 +4 clones.

So i found out that you can give an item a spellbook with 4-5 abilitys, or 2 items with 4-5 abilitys which would make 8-10 abilitys or even 20^^

And then you can even level the abilitys one by one.

BUT there is one giant problem, if you put the item on the ground or give it to a other player all stats are gone. Maybe you can solve that with some variables or so~
And the last problem is that there are no reliable tooltips, you would need to create a ultra long tooltip^^

And there is also the second method adding invisible spellbooks to the hero, and if he recieve an item he just get the ability or lvl it.

If you dont know about invisible spellbooks:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46238

Ahh yeah maybe i can intrest you for my spawnsystem i build, just give me an pm if youre intrested.

ahh excited excited, maybe i can help you with some spell ideas~

http://home.arcor.de/cdi_shadow/Sprung1.wmv
I build this today to, caus i was bored. It doesnt look that good, but owell.
Only openable in Windoof Media Player!

Morgoth-Bauglir
Visitor
Visitor

#6 Post by Morgoth-Bauglir »

Eh why not,I am just wondering where you will find the time to do/test a completely remade version, considering over the last fair while you have not seemed to have a great deal of it.Time that is.
call me odd call me peculiar im all that and much much more
proud of my 4918 user private banlist
clan eota west shaman

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

It's a hard choice.

2.0 is definitely preferred, because I don't doubt that completely redoing the map would be far easier, especially considering that things like the terrain can be exported out fairly easily.

That said: Maze is probably the non-Twilight map I'd like to see.

Yak, I'm sure I could try to lend you some kind of help with... something (not sure what, though)

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

First off, if people didnt figure out this was my idea of an quasi April Fool's joke. I had actualy tried to finish 1.11 on time to do a real release on April 1rst, but that didn't happen. Largely becuase whenever me and short started talking about eota, it strayed into how we'd do eota 2.0 better in whatever aspect we were looking at. Plus I've said if 2.0 exists, it would be for a new game. Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth would have provided the perfect new game to make it for.

Redoing things from scratch would be easier then one would think, once the fundimental design decisions were made. It would also be far easier to develop with, becuase after seeing what ideas impeded development on EotA 1.x I would steer clear of them for 2.0 (goodbye 5 levels of item upgrading, unit upgrades, etc.). It would also allow a complete reworking of fundimental gameplay elements (outposts, spawns) without causing a chain of problems down the line.

But honestly? The chances of it are unlikely. War3 feels like it'd be a dead game if it weren't for DotA, and EotA is largely a dead map. Putting a ton of effort into this old of a game doesnt' feel like a good idea. I wish Iknew of a good moddable game that was coming out soon (or recently came out) that I could work with, but at the moment I'm not aware of any.

As for time of 1.11 vs 2.0. 2.0 would definatly be faster in specific aspects, but the fact that it covers more aspects of gameplay then 1.11 does alone. In fact, 1.11 really doesn't have much more to work on, and the main hangup is going to be the topic of my next thread.

DarnYak