EotA 1.13b Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA 1.13b Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Quasi-test version, if the fucking spell graphic still isn't working 1.13b2 will be out soon.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_13b.w3x
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 253 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EotA 1.13b Download

#2 Post by DarnYak »

There will be a 1.13b2 shortly. Besides one of the spell graphics not appearing, Blackguard's getting an overall nerf to just about everything. And I need to fix desicration.

Also will fix the comp spamming flare on Stormwail. It's a result of the free command tower at the reserve bases, one of them uses silence as a base ability so the comp keeps trying to cast it all over the place.

If there were any other bugs please tell me here because i managed to tune out everything else while playing.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

I noticed two other things when I tested this version in single-player:
1) The Blackguard's Fiend is allowed to buy items, but it can't buy any by itself since it's classified as a Ward.
2) After the effects of a Deathblow expire (the attack reducing aura), a special effect shows. Not sure if that was intentional.

Also, when I saw the first replay (Tourney Round 1), the AI Night Elf hero gets stuck (probably because of Geyser?).

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Fiend having items is actually intentional (for now), ward problem looks unfixable but players can easily trade shit to their pet.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Specific nerfs:

Shadowclap strength mod reduced, mana cost increased, cooldown slightly increased
Doom Hammer strength mod reduced
Darkstride added some more reason to level it (cooldown, manacost decreases with level, duration increases with level)
Unwilling Sacrifice initial cooldown increased (decreases with level), mana cost increased, fiend now transfers only 30% of its MAX health, health transfer rate is now only 100% with int bonus
Demonic Weapon...seeking feedback before I nerf it.
Fiend will probably get some more tweaking, it has no abilities aside from mimicing Darkstride, but they were intended to be from talents. If it needs something more to be worthwhile as just a plain inniate I'll find something to add.

Oh yea, and adding his talents, which I had forgotten about.

DarnYak

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#6 Post by Kalrithus »

Snow!!!!

I don't think demonic weapon needs nerfing per say so much as fixed, right now its granting well and above its listed (-s) maximum + damage when you str stack.

Also fiend is awesome, just check out this replay. Note: I forgot that it was a LAN game so I couldn't pause just by opening the menu so I was afk for like 30 minutes.
Attachments
Watch Windbag Win.w3g
(490.78 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

I find that replay name hilarious for some reason and is the only reason I'm going to watch it.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

The hell, desicrate corpse apparently can work sometimes. Wonder if this is like the stupid order bug Tact was having.

And I wonder if Windbag is subject to equipment restrictions...

DarnYak

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by Nick.Scryer »

Yak I found some odd bugs while playing a solo game.

The upgrade for druids Invigorate causes druids to just stand still and only cast that spell. They tend to congregate with other druids and all cast it.
The upgrade for Archers Faerie dust appears to not work.
The upgrade for Footmen Healing potion doesn't work?( or it does but is totally negligible, I'm not sure)

On Verdant Falls some of the spawning halls steal towers built for certain lanes. I've only seen it happen on the Southern bases, since I never seem to get to play from the North. I notice the bottom lane stole from the middle lane depending on where the spawning tower was built.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Faerie Dust definitely works (unless it's somehow tied to the wrong upgrade). Healing potion too, but the amount is small and they might not cast it effectively.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#11 Post by watermelon »

Windbag is subject to equipment restrictions.

Blackguard has no lore.

Fel Orc Grunts start off with a +1 Attack Damage upgrade.

What is the chance for Desecrate Corpse? The spell doesn't say anything about that.

Demonic Weapon seems kind of boring to me but it's a good ability in itself.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

What is the chance for Desecrate Corpse? The spell doesn't say anything about that.
A lot higher than actually is spawning. I suspect I know the bug but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#13 Post by watermelon »

I forgot to mention this: Whenever I have Aura of Fatality active on the Sorrow Liege, I always seem to take a very small amount of damage when I attack. It doesn't seem to happen when I attack buildings.

EDIT: Also Aura of Fatality persists when the Sorrow Liege is killed. Sometimes that happens with the barrier the Fel Orc Hero uses too when it isn't destroyed.
Last edited by watermelon on August 22nd, 2011, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emufarmers
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Emufarmers

#14 Post by Emufarmers »

You still haven't updated the site URL in the game. :(