Would it be possible...

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Fishin4pigeon
Visitor
Visitor

Would it be possible...

#1 Post by Fishin4pigeon »

To, instead of waiting forever for 1.11, have a 1.10b with some bugfixes and balance changes? IMO, it'd be nice to play a somewhat-updated version instead of waiting for a huge update that never seems to come out.

Sorry if this has been asked already.
I shall forever continue my search for the elusive phat lewt.

Mills
Addict
Addict

#2 Post by Mills »

I was working on new version for a bit, named it 1.20 though because my changes were a bit more severe than bugfixes/balance. However, after I saw w00tz deem it impossible to edit such an OMGFRAGILE map I decided to not waste my time finishing it up.

Alas,

I didn't want to hurt you baby, I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't want to hurt you, but your pretty when you cry.

xmusicfreakx
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by xmusicfreakx »

It's not fragile. I posted a topic proving it but it got deleted. XD

I just PMed DarkYak and asked if I could help with the map. Waiting for a reply...

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

ToXiK wrote:If you wish, you can also treat that as my farewell message of leaving a blatantly imbalanced map and a horribly disfunctional clan, both of which seem to have absolutely no future
ToXiK wrote:my farewell message
The Dictionary wrote:Farewell-
gooddby; may you fare well
an expression of good wishes at parting
leave-taking; departure
a party given to a person who is about to embark on a long journey, retire, leave an organization, etc.
parting; valedictory; final

I'm pretty sure you said goodbye 4 months ago.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#5 Post by Sparda963 »

keep it on topic please woot.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

ToXiK wrote:I was working on new version for a bit, named it 1.20 though because my changes were a bit more severe than bugfixes/balance. However, after I saw w00tz deem it impossible to edit such an OMGFRAGILE map I decided to not waste my time finishing it up.
I dont know if you were seriously doing this or not, but i do know you have been asking for an unprotected version. I feel the best response is this:

Give me a list of all the changes you want to make. If you want to be specific down to the number that's ok, but too broad isn't ok (ie "Nerf all aoe", need to know more specifics on a per spell basis). From there iwill either decide to incorperate some or all changes into a 1.11 if Icontinue to work on it, or i'll give you an unprotected version for you take over, or if i really dislike them I won't. Without a list of planned changes, I refuse to help you (or anyone else for that matter) attempt to develop further versions of EotA on your own.

DarnYak

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#7 Post by Sparda963 »

xmusicfreakx wrote:It's not fragile. I posted a topic proving it but it got deleted. XD
That whole thread was deleted because of several reasons. First it turned into a flame war. Second, you posted a test version of the map that was unprotected.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!