Small Stormwail Change

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Small Stormwail Change

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Added a new path on middle. Obviously mirrored on each side, but roughly similar.
Stormwail New Path.jpg
No real direct motive for adding it other than I like the option of more mobility. Could lead to people trying to steal the far obelisk, but that's fine its harder to hold anyway.

Alternatively, I could add some destructable rocks so this is a path you can open up if you so desire. If you guys would prefer that please let me know.

DarnYak

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

Re: Small Stormwail Change

#2 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

I would add destructable rocks (with a decently high HP, too) rather than leaving it wide open. My problem with it is that it leads directly into the gold mine... which is a ridiculously easy way to get cash quickly and simultaneously hurt the cash flow of the other team. 50 gold per worker is a bit much. Easy to get in and get out every so often. I'd need to play a game with this new change to see how it really affects things, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

Well the gold mines aren't suppose to be 100% safe. Hell, that's why miners were added in the first place, instead of just having control automatically generate gold.

DarnYak

Zdig25
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: KingOHearts

#4 Post by Zdig25 »

You could put re-spawning rocks with med health

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

SeasonsOfLove wrote:I would add destructable rocks (with a decently high HP, too) rather than leaving it wide open. My problem with it is that it leads directly into the gold mine... which is a ridiculously easy way to get cash quickly and simultaneously hurt the cash flow of the other team. 50 gold per worker is a bit much. Easy to get in and get out every so often. I'd need to play a game with this new change to see how it really affects things, but I'm not a huge fan of it.
Oh god, do you work for Blizzard's Starcraft 2 map team or something?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Tehw00tz wrote:
SeasonsOfLove wrote:I would add destructable rocks (with a decently high HP, too) rather than leaving it wide open. My problem with it is that it leads directly into the gold mine... which is a ridiculously easy way to get cash quickly and simultaneously hurt the cash flow of the other team. 50 gold per worker is a bit much. Easy to get in and get out every so often. I'd need to play a game with this new change to see how it really affects things, but I'm not a huge fan of it.
Oh god, do you work for Blizzard's Starcraft 2 map team or something?
No. I just am thinking that in a balance sense, the problem is less that you can easily pick off the miners and more that you can mine them for fucktons of gold on a regular basis. Being able to kill the workers that easily isn't the problem, being able to get all of that gold that easily in a game where gold tends to be at somewhat of a premium (early on, anyway) is, at least to me.