One thing I never got to do

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

One thing I never got to do

#1 Post by DarnYak »

This is a fairly pointless thread, but kind of an FYI for anyone curious.

One thing I had really wanted to add was to add a secondary, per game code to go along with rank codes. This code would have no persistent information and would only be useful to the EotA bot. However, it would contain some very helpful per game information, stuff like which hero you picked, what skills you took, which side won, etc. And by saving this data it would allow me to create #1 player profiles for people, and #2 get broad statistics to analyze what the hell was going on in the EotA playerbase (figure out popular heroes/unpopular/etc.). This could have easily lead to a better developed game by having data showing where i should be focusing my efforts rather than just guessing with a vague sense of what people think.

Maybe I'll find a clever way to do something like this with SC2.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: One thing I never got to do

#2 Post by Dekar »

People use viral highscores to create "global highscores", so you could let everyone save the information of the last x games and share that info with everyone y times depending on the amount of data the bank can hold for up to players*x^y gamedata you can grab when you play a game.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One thing I never got to do

#3 Post by DarnYak »

Yea I already thought of that. I was also trying to come up with a simple viral type game that could be played in like 5-10 minute bursts where you play a short game and then onto the next to spread recent data, which you then use the new data to play for 5-10m. Haven't come up with a good idea yet though.

DarnYak