Looking Foward

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking Foward

#26 Post by DarnYak »

If it ever breaks let me know and i'll look into fixing it.

DarnYak

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#27 Post by Setokaiva »

Why do you sign your messages? It says right there at the top who it's coming from...

Anyways, just letting everyone there will probably be another EotA bot up soon. One of the newest people in my clan (GoED) is crazy about bots and ecstatic about EotA, and wants to use his bots to host them. His name is mdblaze. Said he'll probably have one of his bots jump around channels spamming that EotA is like DotA only better, more maps to choose from and not totally item dependent. I'm really excited about this, personally, and hope it works out :D
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by DarnYak »

Why do you sign your messages? It says right there at the top who it's coming from...
I dunno, it just feels right.
have one of his bots jump around channels spamming that EotA is like DotA only better
I am ABSOLUTELY AGAINST advertising like that. I ask you not to do it. Especially for a map that is no longer being updated and contians significant issues.

DarnYak

mdblaze
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: mdblaze

#29 Post by mdblaze »

I have only been doing it in our clan room thus far, and I will not advertise as you asked.

We are hoping to get EoTA back into circulation, and how it ever got out I haven't the faintest idea--primarily due to the amazing amount of effort and work put into it that completely mows over DoTA.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#30 Post by Setokaiva »

Give your work some credit, yak... We all know people still love EotA for being one of (if not the) greatest maps ever created, and you can't really call them 'significant issues' because they don't inhibit gameplay. Seriously, each game can be played through from start to finish perfectly without many problems, except of course the random lagger and such.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#31 Post by DarnYak »

We are hoping to get EoTA back into circulation, and how it ever got out I haven't the faintest idea
Lack of updates made it grow stale. As well as..
and you can't really call them 'significant issues' because they don't inhibit gameplay
Severe balance issues. Maybe not crippling, but absolutely disruptive. Harshness towards new players is a pretty significant issue as well.

Btw, I'm going to reiterate that if someone compiles an outstanding bug list I'm willing to look into releasing a fixed version if someone compiles them all in one place with sufficient details. I would maybe do the same about balance but I've never seen someone come even close to a good examination of EotA's overall balance.

DarnYak

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#32 Post by Setokaiva »

Harshness towards new players is a pretty significant issue as well.
Then what must be done? Rework the entire system? Because I honestly don't see a way to make it any easier on noobs than it already is, there are plenty of help and tutorial functions and comprehensive information in the quests area for anyone to see, therefore it is HUMAN ERROR ALONE that makes it harsh on noobs. You even have a feature that calls anyone who doesn't temper their scroll a Noob and keeps telling them to read it. The only real reason is that people jump in expecting a game like DotA, and run into a whole slew of new systems that they need to learn how to use, and some people might give up on them and quit before ever learning the ropes. EotA is a complicated game, but that is one of it's strengths, you can't really help that. It's up to the people who play it to learn, and any whining or giving up is just impatience on their part.

And as for your buglist:

- Quests menu does not show information on game commands or modes available for input before a game starts, or ANY info for that matter
- Commands section in Quest menu says at the very top "...with the color indicating how damaged the tower is" obviously refers to the tower health command but it is cut off there
- There is no listed command for all pick mode in the Commands section of the Quest menu, in fact it seems several commands may be cut off... This should be fixed
- Only being able to temper items in the field at Rank 6 is a SERIOUS imbalance issue, it makes Rank 6 and over people have an unfair advantage over those who aren't
- There should be a feature that allows you to type a command and see exactly how much Shield strength is left on your hero
- Misspelling; Throughout is spelled Throughtout and the "...destroyed the temple and killed thousands trapped inside" has no period or anything at the end, this is all in the beginning cinematics
- Misspelling; "...and you may now retrive the artifact" when a team achieves enough control should be spelled retrieve
- Misspelling; in Infiltrator's Sabotage skill, 'proportionally' is spelled 'proportionaly', and "...how damage it already is" should be damaged, and there is no period at the end either
- Suggestion; Add a talent for Tactician and Sorrow Liege that removes the Mana cost and cuts cooldown of Order Attack
- Elite Archers are shown to have 21-25 Piercing damage in their spawning tower description but actually have 41-47, and it doesn't even mention their siege attack against buildings
- Dire Howl debuff reads DireHowl in buffs section of a units description
- Hammer of Banning, which lets you vote to have a player kicked costs 300 gold? Why do we pay good money for something easily done with a text command?
- There should be a feature where as soon as a Tower Core is produced the entire team gets a message notifying them of it
- Sometimes, somehow, AI heroes are able to hire a Goblin Zeppelin and use it intelligently, such as picking up units (yes, wave spawns) and dropping them behind the opposing wave, yet human players can do nothing of the sort
- There needs to be a 'freeze' option or similar disable for computer controlled players, as right now they seriously feed the other team
- Whenever an Arcane Wagon captures the artifact, ALL Obelisks are rendered inactive, cutting off any further energy. There isn't a problem with that, however there is NO warning to players that this will happen, this should definitely be fixed as it's a serious change in gameplay

I know most of that sounds nitpicky but you DID ask for a list, and I was on a roll so meh. That's just everything I could think of in a couple hours time, I can probably find more bugs and post them here if you want.

Question; How do you turn on all pick? I know the HostEm bot had it on every time somehow, is there a command or what do I need to do?
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#33 Post by DarnYak »

Then what must be done? Rework the entire system? Because I honestly don't see a way to make it any easier on noobs than it already is
Yea its an issue I've never had a good solution too. Little things here and there, but overall not much success. Doing something with the way death works is probably the #1 change that could be done to make things better, but I never figured out the best way to do so.
How do you turn on all pick?
In the options when you're creating the game, goto the advanced options and check the "Random races" option. Totally unintuiative I know, but I had wanted all major settings decided before game if possible.

As for your bug list, you might want to move it into another topic and consolidate it if anyone else wants to contribute. I don't want it cluttering this topic. Thanks for what you provided.

DarnYak

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#34 Post by Setokaiva »

Alright, thank you very much for that information, now FINALLY our games can be all pick!

Also I will move (or at least post a copy) of that bug report into the bugs section of the forums for you.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#35 Post by Dekar »

w00t w00t
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#36 Post by Reaper »

all pick is absolutely awful. I stopped playing EotA in part because I hate it, and it's all that is ever hosted on bots.
[Reaper]

computerphreak
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: ComputerPhreak

#37 Post by computerphreak »

Anyone on useast willing to play a few games with my friend and I? We can't find any games to play and we can beat the ai 2v5 even though we're fairly newb to EotA. I'm 'computerphreak' on useast and I idle in channel 'teh', send me a whisper or something.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#38 Post by Setokaiva »

Sure, we're all on USEast as well. mdblaze is crazy about EotA so will probably want to play any time, his hostbots name is blazemaper
If you see us on give us a shout and we'll see if we can play a game or two :)
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

computerphreak
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: ComputerPhreak

#39 Post by computerphreak »

Setokaiva wrote:Sure, we're all on USEast as well. mdblaze is crazy about EotA so will probably want to play any time, his hostbots name is blazemaper
If you see us on give us a shout and we'll see if we can play a game or two :)
Cool, we'll be on tonight and i'll try to keep a lookout for you guys

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#40 Post by Setokaiva »

And you succeeded I found you and we played two all pick games... first one I lost due to picking a Hero I suck with (Forlorn Martyr), second I won due to having Mystic Swashbuckler. You play pretty good for people who are supposedly new to EotA, I gotta say. Look forward to next time!
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#41 Post by Kalrithus »

Good to know people are still playing this, I may hop on some time to mess with you'll. War3 name: Roflfax

mdblaze
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: mdblaze

#42 Post by mdblaze »

Yea. Btw guys, sorry. Something just happened, hosted a game and warcraft canned my ass. Just got an ip ban dunno when it will go away, but apperently hosting games on all servers using ghost++ can really screw you.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#43 Post by Luftwaffles »

Yak's still working on EotA?
- Luftwaffles

GeneralFunk