mind affecting/ shields

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
anus_goblin
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Anus_Goblin

mind affecting/ shields

#1 Post by anus_goblin »

So a couple odd questions:
1: Bane's charge- how much health does it remove from shields?
2: What exactly is a "mind-affecting" debuff? (ala clairvoyance, tacticians valiant stand talent buff) all i could think of is brain freeze xD

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: mind affecting/ shields

#2 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

What exactly is a "mind-affecting" debuff? (ala clairvoyance, tacticians valiant stand talent buff)
I've actually been wondering the same thing.

America!

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

Re: mind affecting/ shields

#3 Post by Setokaiva »

Mind affecting debuffs are obviously debuffs that affect the mind rather than the body. You can't expect something that dispels mind-affecting debuffs (for the sake of shortness lets just call them MA-debuffs) to dispel Devouring Plague, because that's a physical debuff. But you can expect that same dispel, like Clairvoyance, to get rid of Sleep, Fear and stuff like that. Sleep is mind affecting, obviously, so you can cure anyone hit by Scarab's Nightmare spell for example, for a measly 20 Mana (I think), from anywhere on the map. It also stops fear effects like from Sorrow Liege's Despair skill. It might get rid of Fenris' Dread Howl too, since that is basically a fear effect as well although it doesn't make people run.

So there you have it. MA-debuffs can be dispelled by anything that says it gets rid of them, like Clairvoyance or Tactician's Banner skill when she has researched the Valiant Stand talent. It will cure sleep, fear, and possibly some other things, just think and see what you come up with. And yes, I have tested this, it does work like I have explained.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM