Dispells

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Dispells

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

I've got a question/concern about dispells. Are all dispells AOE? Because I had an entire bottle of ooze obliterated by a dispell. It had broken up for the first time too, so I had like four of the sludges. Anyway, is it possible for a hero blast them all in one shot?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Re: Dispells

#2 Post by Perhaps »

Dispel(s).

One option is buy them first, sludges are always nice to have. Not all stages of the sludge can be dispelled, I don't remember which though. There is no one shotting them, you have to kill them down as their stages.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

Perhaps wrote:Dispel(s).

One option is buy them first, sludges are always nice to have. Not all stages of the sludge can be dispelled, I don't remember which though. There is no one shotting them, you have to kill them down as their stages.
Oops, sorry Perhaps, it seems we misunderstood each other. I meant hero (skill) dispells, you know, like the ones that do dmg to summoned units?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#4 Post by jamn455 »

He explained that, but he meant that each time you dispel one tier of slimes, the next tier comes up, thus you have to dispel the next tier and so on.

At least that is what I think he meant.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:He explained that, but he meant that each time you dispel one tier of slimes, the next tier comes up, thus you have to dispel the next tier and so on.

At least that is what I think he meant.
No, no. That's not what I said/meant. I'm talking about an enemy hero here. And it didn't take several casts. Once, and poof, it was gone, completely, really strange.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#6 Post by Setokaiva »

Well there's a lot of dispels out there... Expunge, Cleansing Totem, Reverse Magic, Spellshift, Nature's Balance and more... But never have I known a dispel to destroy a sludge instantly without it splitting. Dispels do damage to summons, they don't banish them to another plane or whatever.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM