Bitch thread

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: Bitch thread

#26 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Dekar wrote:It also has 800 attack range vs 700 tower attack range.
Ahhhh. . .now THAT is a reason to use it against towers. . . ^_^

Anywho, if there isn't going to be any changes to BP in c5, maybe upping the damage Backfire does a bit, across the board? Something to give him a bit more of a "fuck off" spell before he gets majorly changed.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#27 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Tyrant's freeze shards are rather pathetic, at least for the mana part, and more often than not you have to weave through thickets of enemy troops just to get to them, on top of blowing 40 crystal just to make them....meh, ok.

America!

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#28 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

replace dryad's dispell with something new and cool, and i'll call the next version a success :)
I miss EotA :(

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#29 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I agree with Coke, who knows, I may even start playing her!

Her current dispell (should it work right) would be super cool, I can see it wreaking heros like Gravel. I'd even argue leave it how it is and just fix it, it is actually rather impressive.

America!

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#30 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

the concept of it currently would be way too much of a hero killer deterrent I think. It would just rape fenris way too hard.

I think a change would be better.
I miss EotA :(

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#31 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Fenris would still manage to deal some wicked dmg, perhaps even kill her once or twice. Dryad is very squishy, and getting repeated kills even without howl/ham is possible with some good dmg stacked.

I really don't know, I haven't seen it work properly so I have no way of knowing if it's too strong or vice versa. :?

America!

tks_ftw
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: harriso (west and east)

#32 Post by tks_ftw »

I am not familiar with the Dryad's dispell, so if it were to work properly would it be an aoe dispell? If so, then yes Fenris would have a harder time catching her. If it's targeted then she would have to decide whether to dispell the hamstring from herself, or the dire howl off of Fenris. Would also dispell solar boon, but if I was Fenris trying to kill a Dryad with a working dispell I would save the solar boon for after the dispell, just to get that extra damage in.

On the note of Fenris, I think his ultimate is a little underpowered, and doesn't do much to make me want to put points into it. The talent for lunge can make the difference between the one that got away and the one that's dead. The dire howl talent, I'm not sure that one even works. I don't think I've seen units die from the howl before, though I can't say for sure. The dream leap talent is kinda meh, I think it would be better if it worked every time you used it, blinking you a certain distance then finishing the rest with standard dream leap travel. Could also act to extend the range of the spell, though it might be complicated to have it change the data to include the blink distance as well, not sure about it. The ultimate's talent doesn't seem worth it since the ultimate doesn't do much better with it. Maybe if the talent increased not only duration but damage as well?

That's all I can think of, for now :twisted:

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#33 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

It's be awesome if his ultimate talent let it make wolves against buildings rather than only units and the wolves hitting buildings if there's nothing left.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#34 Post by Dekar »

Not sure, but I think Hamstring is a Wound and can only be dispelled by healing. Not that I ever bothered to check that and/or using dispels.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#35 Post by aegir ravenking »

I believe that the only thing that can remove hamstring and mortal strike is the DS's expunge. It is also the only spell that can remove the shield spells (though they can also be damaged by whatever the dreadlord's name is's spell Plunder).
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#36 Post by jamn455 »

Fix the game.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#37 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I am looking forward to seeing a revamp'd BP. I miss playing him. He can actually be quite fun, though his roles are hugely limited atm, one of the reasons I haven't played him in a while. So yes, I am bitching here. PLEASE FIX BP! BP FOR PRESIDENT!

Oh yes.....

AND GET D OUT! All the c versions are slightly annoying. Yes, another bitch. Even a heads up would hold me over, for a while...

America!

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#38 Post by Kalrithus »

uh so whats wrong with BP? I mean besides being pretty much the best sieger ever?

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#39 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Yak seems to think there is something wrong with him, as he stated BP is scheduled to get a revamp, though I don't know when.

My thoughts:

Yes, BP is the best seiger, but really, what can he do beyond that? He lacks tanking potential (Kindle and FOTD don't make the cut imo), he's bad even at fighting 1v1 combat, he lacks sufficient hero support and AoE dmg. He can do two things, seige and troop support. His troop support isn't even remarkable imo, as Gravel and Garg, easily surpass him there. Not to mention the good skills he does have are hugely situational and iffy.

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#40 Post by Luftwaffles »

uh so whats wrong with BP? I mean besides being pretty much the best sieger ever?
He's too powerful when no one on your team has dispel and is a waste of space if anyone on your team does have dispel (except for Phoenixes, and but that sucks if you're playing vs. DS).
- Luftwaffles

Lanthis
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Lanthis

#41 Post by Lanthis »

I wish you could mass command the phoenixes to suicide... or better yet suicide dive with increased speed but reduced damage.
I am a parody of myself.

coramoor2
Regular
Regular

#42 Post by coramoor2 »

I always figured the big issue with the BP is his complete lack of scaling. I think his fire's hp regen scales with int, and the duration a phoenix/skeleton will last increases with int. and there ends his scaling. backfire needs to scale, his ult needs to scale, and it would be nice if the fire and phoenix scaling was more useful. I'm not sure how i feel about kaboom hitting buildings, maybe if it was a scaling spell and started off really crappy but increased proportional to his int or str? his buff might need to be looked at, but i actually like it for the most part, armor and dmg bonus is pretty significant, but HotM does both and gives bonus regen.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#43 Post by Luftwaffles »

I wish you could mass command the phoenixes to suicide... or better yet suicide dive with increased speed but reduced damage.
I do too but there's an easy work around (just click on the building you wanna blow up in succession and per click a phoenix will go and bomb it). It's kind of nice really though being able to control where they're going without having them all go blow themselves up at once.
- Luftwaffles

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#44 Post by CryptLord1234 »

So. . .howsabout a D, there, Yak?
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#45 Post by DarnYak »

I haven't had time to even look at it since school started (aside from a day trying to write a new ai for Fenris, which I want to do but need to abandon). Good news is 4 day weekend this weekend.

DarnYak

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#46 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Sick. I try not to bother you too much about it, but every once in awhile it's nice to get that, "I *am* here, guys, and I know the map exists." kinda thing.

tks_ftw
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: harriso (west and east)

#47 Post by tks_ftw »

What were you planning on changing with Fenris' Ai?

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#48 Post by Dekar »

Maybe he wants to stop him from soloing obelisks with lvl 10, what ultimately fails and puts him 20 levels behind everyone else?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer