US East Bot Suggestion

Post suggestions, wishes, complaints about the bots on the East, West, and Euro realms here.

Moderator: Perhaps

Gamma9
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Gamma9

US East Bot Suggestion

#1 Post by Gamma9 »

There should be an in-game command for anyone to use that will add a person to the server ban list by a 2/3 vote or something. The reason for this is that I have run into several absolute jerks who do nothing but make others' lives miserable and try to find ways to create vast amounts of server lag.

P.S. Please add this character to that ban list: workout

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: US East Bot Suggestion

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

Dark that was uncalled for, now you're going to start a flamewar in this poor fellow's thread.

Usually the best way to take care of gentlemen such as these is to go by your base's shop and grab "hammer of banning" and have everyone on your team use it on the person being a bad teammate, unless he has a friend on your team in which case sounds like your not going to get anywhere fast.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

The host bot can kick in game. So get a host bot. In any case, the banning system should be free, it's already bad enough having a let down failure on your team let alone having to fork out over 600+ gold to remove that person.

I'd info a person from a word of mouth, but "not liking" that person isn't enough for me to care to banlist.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#4 Post by Sparda963 »

He's talking about the host bot im running right now. Unfortunitly this is not an option with the bot :( the closest you could get is have someone with admin status for the game kick the person, but when its autohosting the only people who can admin it are outside of the game, autohost dosent make any of the players admins :(
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

FM_Cyrus
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: FM_Cyrus

#5 Post by FM_Cyrus »

Is anyone in some very odd game names on US East lately?

I'm on right now, and a game says "VvV" instead of 5v5. There have also been some other odd game names this last week too, like "Etoa" instead of Eota, etc.
If a person is setting of the game names when the bot is activated, could they please double check the name before they make the bot go for the day? I just KNOW there are going to be newbs saying "GOOOOOOO" all day today b/c it doesn't say 5v5...more than usual, at least.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Unfortunately, you're assuming the person typing the name is making mistakes.

DarnYak

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#7 Post by Discombobulator »

I'll just post a link to his forum profile and let that speak for itself:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=573
I'm this forum's MVP.

Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

#8 Post by Rockness »

Is votekick a possibility? I recall it used to have one, 9 times out of 10 it would get the job done.

In the lobby is where I miss it most, some of these downloaders are still running windows 95 or something.

RSOG
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by RSOG »

DLing should not be a crime, nor should DLing slowly. We want the map to spread, and kicking DLers, even slow ones, creates an air of hostility and elitism around the game.

If votekick is implemented, I would like to see it not work on people who are still DLing, regardless of speed.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#10 Post by Discombobulator »

RSOG wrote:DLing should not be a crime, nor should DLing slowly. We want the map to spread, and kicking DLers, even slow ones, creates an air of hostility and elitism around the game.

If votekick is implemented, I would like to see it not work on people who are still DLing, regardless of speed.
This post is wrong on pretty much every point it gives.

Every time I've played with someone who DLed really slow, that person lagged out very, very quickly. A couple of times, the bot kicked them because of high ping right after they finished downloading (which took several minutes).

I'm not negating the possibility that someone with a 56k modem could play the game without lagging out, the the odds are overwhelming that they'll turn the game into a 4v5 in the first 5 minutes.
I'm this forum's MVP.

FM_Cyrus
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: FM_Cyrus

#11 Post by FM_Cyrus »

I'm a little bit confused about the game names.

If a person isn't typing in the names incorrectly, that implies to me that the bot itself is screwing up the name somehow.
If that is the case, is some kind of coding error occurring on when the bot generates the game name? Is there some way that "VvV" can be prevented in the game name? I guess I'm not understanding how the problem can be prevented-can I get some information on the matter?

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#12 Post by BustroQuick »

FM_Cyrus wrote:I'm a little bit confused about the game names.

If a person isn't typing in the names incorrectly, that implies to me that the bot itself is screwing up the name somehow.
If that is the case, is some kind of coding error occurring on when the bot generates the game name? Is there some way that "VvV" can be prevented in the game name? I guess I'm not understanding how the problem can be prevented-can I get some information on the matter?
I'm almost certain the host is doing it on purpose.

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#13 Post by GeneralFunk »

Most slow downloaders I've seen don't lag in game.

Also, "VvV" is "5v5" as "IIvII" is "2v2".

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

FM_Cyrus wrote:that implies to me that the bot itself is screwing up the name somehow.
You make a fatal assumption, that the game names themselves are accidents and not intentional. You see, it's just that the owner of the hosting bot is a damn fool and thinks it's "funny". What it really does is turn off people from the map. I think he's secretly a DotA lover in disguise trying to get more people to it from EotA.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

I'm waiting for the day that the game name is in japanese.

DarnYak

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by CryptLord1234 »

DarnYak wrote:I'm waiting for the day that the game name is in japanese.

DarnYak
Y'know. . .I have a professor who, when asked if a question would be on a quiz, said, "That's a pretty good idea, I'll throw it on the next one."

Please don't go giving him ideas. >_<
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#17 Post by GeneralFunk »

Lot's of grief over practically nothing. The game count is pretty much the same as it normally is. As for people spamming "go", that happens all the time regardless of an obvious "5v5" in the game name along with the bot telling how many players are needed to start (which is still there).

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#18 Post by Reaper »

It's not nothing; Consistency with the game names is our friend in helping EotA spread.
[Reaper]

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#19 Post by GeneralFunk »

Probably the most valid point so far. However game name is never truly consistent given "<name> #XXX".

Lunargent
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Lunargent

#20 Post by Lunargent »

I get a bit miffed every week when it changes and I have to remember the new game name to type in. I was totally loving having "EotA 5v5 all pick! #XXX" memorized. Hit the clan channel, /f list to see the bot and check the number, then hop to a game.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#21 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

GeneralFunk wrote:Probably the most valid point so far. However game name is never truly consistent given "<name> #XXX".
Technically that makes it consistent..
I miss EotA :(

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#22 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

GeneralFunk wrote:Probably the most valid point so far. However game name is never truly consistent given "<name> #XXX".
Uh, that IS consistent. Would you prefer the term consistent naming scheme?

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#23 Post by Reaper »

That's obvious, however, being as consistent as possible will still be more appealing to battle.net users.
[Reaper]