Naga Imbalanced

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

So what needs to be done?

Poll ended at August 20th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Geyser needs to be nerfed, too strong.
9%
Befuddle needs to be nerfed, too strong.
27%
Ki Blitz needs to be buffed and/or tweaked.
9%
She needs some other form of improvement, i.e: HP, attack, stats, armor, etc.
18%
Other (feel free to comment what should go here).
9%
Innate is rather pointless, needs a revamp/tweak.
9%
Nothing; No changes
18%

Total votes: 11

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: Naga Imbalanced

#26 Post by CryptLord1234 »

DarkNemesis wrote:The only real concern I have is that Yak is planning to totally scrap the dispell system and implement a rock-paper-scissors concept, much to the distaste of the forum members (myself included).
Where'd he say that? Last I saw (last post of his in the thread in The Conclave) he was leaning towards spells, which also have a dispel component, none of this rock-paper-scissors system.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#27 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

He talked about on the channel while ago, but Mills and a handful of others bitched pretty heavily about it. He seemed rather insistent atm, but a few weeks ago he seemed rather moderate. He could probably swing any way, not sure. But I do remember him talking about it. I think Jamn and Wootz were there too.

Don't quote me on any of this, it has been a while, but he did talk about it fairly heavily, like he was going to go ahead with it. Things change though, and most of the forum hated the idea, and let him know about it, so.... :? :|

America!

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#28 Post by Tehw00tz »

Yak often talks about creating a new dispel system, but we've yet to see or hear any specifics.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#29 Post by Elreth »

None of the vote options works for me since I think she's fine. I will note that I don't really care for her dispells although they have some cool features. There is just too much micro for me, especially with fusing them together. Maybe if you could turn on auto fuse it would be a little more bearable. The one thing I do love about them is that you can dispell grasping treant off yourself which is fun against fugly.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#30 Post by Reaper »

Everyone can revote if they want, I've added a no change option.
[Reaper]

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#31 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I changed it as well, allowing 3 choices instead of 5.

America!

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#32 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Ok, so I viewed the other thread about the Naga by Ion, and he mentioned (in cohesion with general Wc3 Naga) to have her played as a defensive hero? I don't think an outright tank is a good thing (although some of her skills are tank-leaning), but a I-have-a-hard-time-taking-dmg concept might not be bad, either that or trade her in for Slardar, lol. Too, this would require a substantial increase in str, and possibly decreases in her other stats, so I don't want to throw at anything that will completely define her. :roll:

So what does everyone think? A medium high str/defensive hero maybe with TC stats?

America!