Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Emberwraith

#1 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Ember needs some work imo.

First off, did pyro get a nerf? I seem to remember it hitting harder.....

Anyways:

[Pyroclasm]
Awesome skill for the most part, but the crystal cost for the talent is too expensive to really invest in. I'd say lower cost or increase dmg, maybe even implement a effect that doesn't allow the AoE dmg to fall below 50%? I dunno, just a thought, which brings me to my next point: this skill can be extremely useless against any hero with a heavy nuke, disable, or stun. Since this includes roughly 50% of the heros, this skill can be really bad sometimes.
[Smolder]
Somehow, only gaining some HP back but loosing 75% of your mana isn't appealing. A heavily-limited skill. The evasion is ok at higher lvls, and good with the armor added.
[Molten Cage]
Basically only worth it if you invest heavy amounts into crystal, but your guaranteed not to they the kill, damn spawn.
[Cauterize] Totally ridiculous maxed out with some added int and against heavy debuffers/buffers.
[Corona] for the CD, this is a little skill, the AoE is huge, and it's damn near impossible to escape a charging Ember with this running, unless your agil or weak. Still....a slight buff wouldn't hurt.
[Entrap?] mass stun ability. Hmm, what can I say, other than rather useless after lvl 1, and even then.....

Overall, Ember is ridiculous against spawn and a deadly seiger, but most of skills are far too limited to one area, severally hindering him overall. And for a str-based, hero, he's one of the worst tanks out there. Even off-tanking is nothing special. It's rather sad when an agil Fenny can outank him.

So yes, let's give Ember some lovin, shall we?

Now let's hear your thoughts....
Last edited by Dark_Nemesis on July 21st, 2009, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

America!

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Emberwraith

#2 Post by DiscombobuIator »

Basically only worth it if you invest heavy amounts into crystal, but your guaranteed not to they the kill, damn spawn.
It's a fantastic support skill. Any decent hero killer will love your free 3-second hold.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

Its more like 10 seconds.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Not get me wrong, Discom, it is a fantastic support skill (I believe it's 3-4 seconds Dekar, not sure how you came up with 10, but meh, whatever), but what I'm getting at is it is fantastic only for another hero. It really doesn't make sense for me to hold a hero while and inf can come along and completely wreck any chance of me getting that kill. Yes, there is flare, but that's something else entirely....

I think some talent needs to be added, where Ember has a chance to attack the hero while its held. Or something, too many of his skills are reliant on perfect timing, and not enough on instant dmg. Even Cauterize has a small delay, and the AoE is tiny, so unless you place it just right, you're screwed.

America!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

Damn, teammates snatching your kills. That must really be prevented.

You can use his ultimate to damage then when holding or when chasing them. besides that, he just isnt a hero killer. Different heroes have different roles based on different skill builds.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

*sigh

I think you missed the point of my post.

America!

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by DiscombobuIator »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:.......

*sigh

I think you missed the point of my post.
Maybe if you made your points larger and clearer, people wouldn't miss them so often?

Anyways, as Dekar said, he's a support hero. I've always found him similar to the treant. Not every hero can do everything by himself, in fact, most of them can't. They all, however, have things they're great at, and hero killing by himself isn't one of Ember's strengths.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#8 Post by Luftwaffles »

I think Dekar quite understood it and made a reasonable post back. Ember is not a PK hero, and to hold an enemy hero and have the team Inf come up and kill it is a good thing- never bad.

I do not disagree with Ember getting a buff to AoE damage, however I hope some restraint is shown if that does happen. He currently has two big disables and a very big ult o_O
- Luftwaffles

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I've always found him similar to the treant.
Meh, I'd say yes and no. Yes in terms of raw support, no in terms of PK'ing. I've always found treant to be mass serial killer when it came to killing heros. Too, he unlike Ember, has several good to great tanking spells. Overall, he is vastly superior hero, only lacking troop slaying, but a high attack dmg and ult sort of make up for that....

Ember needs to have his spells more rouned out, this is the biggest problem I'd say. The overall stats gains, dmg, use is fairly good, but skills like enkindle, cauterize, prison hold?, and flare are incredibly limited. Even pyro can be against certain heros.

America!

Lanthis
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Lanthis

#10 Post by Lanthis »

Not sure what the point of an AoE stun is, if it's not long enough for him to pop off his AoE dmg, or do anything besides run... The only heroes you'll hit with it are melee, pretty much.
I am a parody of myself.