Moderator: Mills

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: MoononiteLeader

Flying heroes

#1 Post by kwaththeraven »

Anyone else have a problem with flying heroes being unable to be targeted by a decent chunk of spells?

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: Flying heroes

#2 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Well, no. Some spells simply don't target fliers, like Attack of Opportunity, for instance.

What spells aren't hitting fliers?
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by kwaththeraven »

Offhand I know that polarize does not work on fliers but it does work on mechanical units which is weird. mind fog also does not work on fliers. I am sure there is more as well.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

You are aware that one of those flying heros is the weakest in the game?

And the other (yes while being Str-based), is broken (atm), slow (MS), his spells are weaker than most, and is well-rounded out, meaning he can't be a real imba tank or Pk'er.

And his stat gains aren't that impressive either (strength).
Last edited by DarkNemesis on July 10th, 2009, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#5 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

DarkNemesis wrote:You are aware that one of those flying heros is the weakest in the game?

And the other (yes while being Str-based), is broken (atm), slow (MS), his spells are weeker than most, and is well-rounded out, meaning he can't be a real imba tank or Pk'er.

And his stat gains aren't that impressive either (strength).
Making them invulnerable to a few select abilities does not make that balanced though.
I miss EotA :(

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

I don't consider garg to be that OP though.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer

#7 Post by kwaththeraven »

Neither harpy nor garg are weak.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tera Smah will hit for 500, if your lucky and stack stength. His ult, athough powerful, is channeling, same with harp. Too, her blade rain is pretty wimpy without many points into it or INt, unlike alot of other AoE nukes.

I didn't say the heroes were weak, I said that certain skills they have are weaker. And that is true.

Stone Gaze is useless for the most part, unless your wanting to push, and blind is unessesary beyond lvl 3. Just some more examples.

Plight may need some tweaking, I'll admit, but simply shouting out: OMG! HE'S SO OP HELP!" is wrong. Not all of his skills are that great.

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer

#9 Post by kwaththeraven »

All I said was that flying heroes should not be unable to be targeted by some spells and immune to others. The only thing they should be immune to is AoO and mines. I don't know why you started derailing the topic about Garg and whether or not he is op.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by DarkNemesis »

I didn't derail it. The topic was on flying heroes. He's a flying hero :shock:

And this is really what started to "derail":
The only thing they should be immune to is AoO and mines.
This makes little sense. And wth only these?

If you're going to agrue that, then you could say Blademaster's Demoralizing Blow or Rue's MS should be counted outed too. Weak arguement.

And you're confusing "immune" with "unable".

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer

#11 Post by kwaththeraven »

DarkNemesis wrote:I didn't derail it. The topic was on flying heroes. He's a flying hero :shock:

And this is really what started to "derail":
The only thing they should be immune to is AoO and mines.
This makes little sense. And wth only these?

If you're going to agrue that, then you could say Blademaster's Demoralizing Blow or Rue's MS should be counted outed too. Weak arguement.

And you're confusing "immune" with "unable".
Mines are an explosion on the ground.( Self Explanatroy why they can't hit air units)

AoO is an attack from behind. (This attack either should be able to hit air or all single target melee abilities shouldn't, it's inconsistent)

By Immune I was talking about Mind Fog which is not "unable", If you don't know what you are talking about then don't attempt to contribute to a conversation.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#12 Post by Dekar »

Too, her blade rain is pretty wimpy without many points into it or INt, unlike alot of other AoE nukes.
Bladerain level 6 without int boosts deals 120 dps over 6 seconds with a medium hero level and thus can kill melee spawns with a single cast. Getting one shot kills with Holy Strike is far harder. It actually belongs to the top tier AoE skills damage wise.
and blind is unessesary beyond lvl 3.
Blinds AoE increases with every level and can cover a complete large push on level 6 with a really high miss chance. Thats when you need it most.

Please get your facts straight before posting.

Lets see if we can find a little on-topic thing to post ...

Flying heroes may be weaker, but can hide on cliffs and have an easier time getting to fountains or outposts. They can also choose the battles to take on and force them easier onto others.
They may be harder to kill, but they are not effectivly far stronger than ground heroes.
Their biggest common weakness are nets, which should pull them satraight infront of you.

That must be enough for now.~
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer

#13 Post by kwaththeraven »

Dekar wrote:
Too, her blade rain is pretty wimpy without many points into it or INt, unlike alot of other AoE nukes.
Bladerain level 6 without int boosts deals 120 dps over 6 seconds with a medium hero level and thus can kill melee spawns with a single cast. Getting one shot kills with Holy Strike is far harder. It actually belongs to the top tier AoE skills damage wise.
and blind is unessesary beyond lvl 3.
Blinds AoE increases with every level and can cover a complete large push on level 6 with a really high miss chance. Thats when you need it most.

Please get your facts straight before posting.

Lets see if we can find a little on-topic thing to post ...

Flying heroes may be weaker, but can hide on cliffs and have an easier time getting to fountains or outposts. They can also choose the battles to take on and force them easier onto others.
They may be harder to kill, but they are not effectivly far stronger than ground heroes.
Their biggest common weakness are nets, which should pull them satraight infront of you.

That must be enough for now.~
That is exactly why they should not be given special treatment.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by Elreth »

You seem to be assuming that flying heroes were given special treatment on purpose. This is not the case. It is simply that for whatever reason they didnt target air by default or the base spell or more importantly dummy base spell used for targeting is unable to target air.

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer

#15 Post by kwaththeraven »

Elreth wrote:You seem to be assuming that flying heroes were given special treatment on purpose. This is not the case. It is simply that for whatever reason they didnt target air by default or the base spell or more importantly dummy base spell used for targeting is unable to target air.
I wasn't assuming it was done this way on purpose aside from mines and AoO. I was bringing it to peoples attention since no one else seemed to notice or mention it.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#16 Post by Elreth »

Well it was a big deal when they were first added I assure you. Yak decided it made enough sense and wasnt a big enough deal that it wasn't worth the effort of fixing it somehow.

ayn-m00k
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: ayn-m00k

#17 Post by ayn-m00k »

I haven't tried the nets yet. Do they just bring them down (similar to ensnare), or does it bring them down and right in front of you (similar to web)?

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

They do both, but for some reason the flyiers are still immune to certain spells. Lich's stun under the effects of nets is the frist example that comes to mind.

America!