Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Tower Cores

#1 Post by Luftwaffles »

Thought I'd spill over some discussion on them from other threads.

Are you guys happy with the way Tower Cores work now? With a lot of the bitching that comes with Drakes, Perhaps proposed a system where you make Spawn Towers cost points instead of just a uniform core. I think it's interesting and worth looking into, but that adds another level of confusion to the game that already befuddles new players enough. To me, just balancing Drakes would be preferable but I keep an open mind.

What are your thoughts and how do you feel about the way they work?
- Luftwaffles

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Tower Cores

#2 Post by Dekar »

While points would make balancing a bit easier, it would destroy the limit system of spawns per outposts. Because if you keep it as it is, high point spawns would bring more points to an outpost, and if you change it to a point based system too, it adds another very noob unfriendly system where you can build 3 air or 5 archer units at a level 1 outpost.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Man... Having to post with this account... Man...

Anyways, you also forgot that I suggested to consider adding "buff towers" to beef up the spawns of the outpost they're located at. Which would make tower spawns more customizable but most of encouraging less units to be put into play.

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#4 Post by Luftwaffles »

Sorry Perhaps, I wasn't trying to misrepresent your argument or anything.

I also agree Dek, it isn't very noob friendly at all and it's not like it currently doesn't work, we just have some imba spawns. I suppose, just to play devil's advocate though, teaching noobs how to use spawn towers with a points system or something isn't impossible. Perhaps adding in a tutorial system that could walk willing players through the game could help in the implimentation of this sorta system. What I mean by that is, as part of the "tips" that come with being unranked you could give them the option to type out a ".tutoral" command that could walk them through the basics of the game or something.

I might be missing something as well since I rarely play without my code and never pay too much attention to the tips. Then again, maybe even players who wanted to learn would just ignore them and try and play through it anyway :lol: so I guess I fail o_O.
- Luftwaffles

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

Another possibility I've brought up before regarding spawn towers was to make them upgradeable; this caused a lot of ruckus. Though greater versions of the same thing in these terms would be meh. I'd rather go with just having cost variance.

One way to enforce awareness to spawn towers, bare with me on this, everyone starts with a worker and without their hero in play, in order for them to get their hero, they would have to "build" a special thing that's instant build. Now I know... It could be bad if they never figure that out, which is a risky thing to try, but could also be beneficial. There could be the problem of the worker dying (somehow) which is where it could just trigger hero to play.

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#6 Post by Luftwaffles »

Bump!
- Luftwaffles