Gun control and firearm rights!

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Gun control and firearm rights!

#26 Post by Dekar »

Looks like some east european country is producing fake skittles for the german market!

<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#27 Post by Tehw00tz »

In before DN doesn't get the joke.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#28 Post by Luftwaffles »

Which is why we are now up to 1.2 trillion in national debt? Up from 300 billion under that former president? Blah blah blah blah.
I love how you're accusing me of saying things I never did. Let me repeat what I said so everyone can laugh at how much of a fucking idiot you are.
Tic Tacs are clearly relevant since some people here feel the need to debate them. They are great, cheap and smarter then a former president.
So, from that you extrapolated from "cheap" that I was somehow making a reference to national debt, that I was talking about George W. Bush (even though there are 43 former Presidents) and in creating this crazy weirdo world fantasy you don't even refute that George Bush was a fucking tard. Also, to your big long crying post from the thread Yak closed, I suppose since you're on bnet so much you'd know how many games I'd play...which is apparently 5-7 a year. :lol:

But please, stay on topic. Skittles are okay, but like I said Tic Tacs are better, cheaper and smarter then a former president, as proved by Maddox way long ago.
- Luftwaffles

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#29 Post by Tehw00tz »

Tic tacs are alright, but they're not much of a candy. They're more useful for freshening your breath
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#30 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I agree with Wootz.

America!

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#31 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:And stop with the anti-religious, anti-conservative bullshit. It's not needed and you only look like a huge fucking troll.
One, I'm not anti-religious. I'm a Roman Catholic, meself; I just hate closemindedness, really, which is what I find. Religion I have no problem with, just certain religious people who can't understand another person's viewpoint (zealots). Anti-conservative? Ehhh, not really, they have some good points, some bad ones, like Democrats. I just play the opposite of the most argumentative posts, which are normally yours. And if you think I'm a troll, you haven't seen anything. I'm not going to go into examples of that shit, nor lower myself to their level for any one post, but any kind of post that has thought, even if it doesn't agree with you, isn't a troll's post. Needless to say, I hope.
Dark_Nemesis wrote: Since I can assume from your posting you are unable to do simple math, I shall do it for you:

300 + 900 = 1200

Aka: 1.2 trillion.
Okay, one, you ask for me to lay off and then tuirn right around and insult me. That'll happen. Also, yes. Even if I CAN do said simple math, burden of proof is yours, not mine. It's like math, show your fucking work if you want to be believed.

Yes, 1200 - 300 = 900. But that's, uh, not what I'm asking. I'm asking how much of the national debt acquired between now and then is the stimulus bill, and how much is interest on the national debt's loans. And as for the 'God President' bullshit, when I voted for the guy, I didn't realize he intended to do this. I voted for the intellectual who, I was under the impression, would actually listen to his advisors' opinions. But still, I gotta say, with no offense intended to anyone on this forum, that the current situation is STILL better than a guy whose life expectancy is ~5 years, and whose VP's foreign policy experience is "I can see Russia from my back yard."

But yes, back to being on topic: Orange Tic Tacs are really good as candy, but other than that I gotta follow popular opinion and say they're far more useful as breath mints. But Altoids are better breath mints, IMO. They last longer whether you just chew 'em up or suck on them for a bit. Stronger = better. And Skittles are still probably the best fruit-flavored candy.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#32 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I just hate closemindedness
I don't see how I was being close-minded.

And not endorsing gay rights is certainly not a condition for that.
I voted for the intellectual
Oh, so you voted for him because he sounded good on TV, graduated from Harvard, gave soaring speeches, etc. Got it.

That aside, I probably shouldn't have come on so strong....sorry, but it did seem like you were all over me for no apparent reason. :|

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#33 Post by Luftwaffles »

Tic tacs are alright, but they're not much of a candy. They're more useful for freshening your breath
Only if you're a noob. Tic Tacs are awesome. To prove my point, google Skittles, then Tic Tacs. You'll find, surprisingly, many funny myspace pages pretending to be skittles (fucking gross), but many pages about how awesome tic tacs are (truth).
- Luftwaffles

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#34 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Only if you're a noob.
You must just be failing then, as all the commercials advertise using them for fresher breath. :wink:

America!

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Keilan

#35 Post by Ford Prefect »

Guns are for noobs. Crossbows are much stealthier!

Skittles are candy. Candy tastes good.

Tic Tacs are breath freshening... things. They taste okay, but nowhere near as good as candy! Also, they aren't chewy.

Finally, the economic topic... wow, where the hell did that come from?

P.S. It comes after "finally"! ahahaha... Anyway, I don't get the M&Ms joke.
Remember to observe Towel Day on May 25th.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#36 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Guns are for noobs. Crossbows are much stealthier!
Agreed.
Skittles are candy. Candy tastes good.
Agreed.
Tic Tacs are breath freshening... things. They taste okay, but nowhere near as good as candy! Also, they aren't chewy.
Agreed.

I love this post!

America!

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#37 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Ford Prefect wrote:Guns are for noobs. Crossbows are much stealthier!
I see your crossbow and raise you 1 blowgun! (Seriously though, do u have a crossbow? I have a blowgun, and it's way fun)
I miss EotA :(

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#38 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:I don't see how I was being close-minded.
Not just here, in general. Nor was I just referring to you, although I would point you at your attempted Dread Shaman strat guide. "STOP TELLING ME TO FUCKING PLAY PEOPLE". . .was missing the ". . .I'LL GET A REPLAY UP AGAINST BNET PEOPLE ASAP!", although to be fair, you did say you'd put up at least a LAN one. I would also refer you to the "Your 5 years mean shit." which. . .basically means you think experience means nothing, that other players' opinions, particularly those who've played longer, mean nothing to you. At least, that's what I read.
Dark_Nemesis wrote: Oh, so you voted for him because he sounded good on TV, graduated from Harvard, gave soaring speeches, etc. Got it.
Which sounds like you're insinuating that I'm some kind of blind fool, although I could be reading too much hostility into that. Anywho, another equally, if not bigger, reason was that I wasn't liking the way things would head were Sarah Palin in charge. Listening to her, both before(<-- Was original text, then I realized, who listens to the governor of Alaska when you're in the continental US?) during and after the campaign, she seems to be too oblivious to some of the things going on. Too oblivious to have a fair chance of being President.

But meh. I suppose I'll try to lay off a bit. . .
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#39 Post by Ford Prefect »

Cokemonkey11 wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:Guns are for noobs. Crossbows are much stealthier!
I see your crossbow and raise you 1 blowgun! (Seriously though, do u have a crossbow? I have a blowgun, and it's way fun)
No crossbow, I was just being funny. Blowguns have their uses, but all of those uses involve poisons, and poisons have too much potential for, "oops, I pricked my... oh, crap..." *dies*

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#40 Post by jamn455 »

THREE DARTS IS TOO MUCH.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#41 Post by Ford Prefect »

So, two and a half is okay?

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#42 Post by Luftwaffles »

You must just be failing then, as all the commercials advertise using them for fresher breath.
You're right, commercials should be qft more often.

Fun fact, the PLA still regularly uses crossbows:

中華人民共和國萬歲!
- Luftwaffles

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#43 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Logically, the dynamics of a crossbow are just so dumb in comparison to real guns. The reduced sound only goes so far, especially when you're talking about high powered cross bows.

True fact: A little .22 will kill someone just as fast when it hits them in the head as the round of a crossbow.

Although, to be completely honest, the idea of a military/government group using crossbows is kind of bad ass, and I'm sure people think twice when they consider the idea of a spear going through them...

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#44 Post by Ford Prefect »

"A major cause of the sound of firing a crossbow is vibration of various components. Crossbow silencers are multiple components placed on high vibration parts such as the string and limbs to dampen vibration and suppress the sound of loosing the arrow."
Somehow, this doesn't look loud to me, http://www.safetyenforcement.com/pistolcrossbow.html.
I suppose you could do the whole poisoning thing if it's not lethal enough.

@luftwaffles: Screw the commercials, when we can use Myspace pages as proof!

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#45 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I really can't understand why you would use a crossbow over a gun....plus, they (I think) do more dmg to the body, which, depending on the situation, can be good or bad. Meh, I'd say stick with a gun. It's pretty hard to compete with a G-19.
On a small side note, 357s are hella fun to shoot! it's also amusing to watch your younger, 5-foot tall sister shoot a 12 gauge Winchester.... :shock:
Last edited by Dark_Nemesis on July 20th, 2009, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

America!

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#46 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Ford Prefect wrote:"A major cause of the sound of firing a crossbow is vibration of various components. Crossbow silencers are multiple components placed on high vibration parts such as the string and limbs to dampen vibration and suppress the sound of loosing the arrow."
Somehow, this doesn't look loud to me, http://www.safetyenforcement.com/pistolcrossbow.html.
I suppose you could do the whole poisoning thing if it's not lethal enough.

@luftwaffles: Screw the commercials, when we can use Myspace pages as proof!
On a side note, I'm probably gonna buy that.

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#47 Post by Ford Prefect »

Cokemonkey11 wrote: On a side note, I'm probably gonna buy that.
I know, right? It's 30 bucks for an honest-to-goodness bona fide crossbow, extra ammunition, and spare string. I'm tempted.