Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Glacial Tyrant

#1 Post by Luftwaffles »

Thought I'd open up another discussion on it. I've played him quite few times in the past few days and we've all had a chance to give him a shot. I'll throw my opinion on him down first and then if I'm bored I'll put up numbers, but no one prolly cares so most likely not.

Avalanche
In terms of gameplay, imo one of the best innates in the game and my second favorite to portal. Is very dynamic and can be used in a lot of situations, has a low cooldown and reasonable mana cost.

On a personal level I think it's a bit OP. Despite the nerf the range is still pretty far, and while build-up is enough for you to dodge its got fat width and it can be hard to judge where you get taken. Getting thrown into towers at early levels can be brutal and it's not incredibly difficult to do.

Arctic Cataclysm
Incredible line damage. I wonder if it beats out Rockslide in total damage dealt (it sure feels that way). One of his best moves. It looks so weak and yet it drops a chunk of your health every time he fires it. I'd honestly say it's a bit on the buffed side of things.

Frigid Blast
A really cool and useful move, it's a good and very balanced mana drain/restore. I personally find it tough to maneuver around troops to pick up the crystals on lanes like 2/4 SW, on Candle or some of the Gloom lanes but with Avalanche you can usually clear the way to get your mana back.

Shatter
A great anti-hero move and makes playing RK/Roth muchhh easier.

Icy Barrier
A strong move that helps him tank, I find it moderately useful. With the talent it can get pretty awesome. No quarrels here.

Deep Freeze
Cool ult bro. Low cooldown and I always seem to have the mana to cast it. The cast-time is long but the freeze at the end is awesome and makes for an easy AC for clean up. I would be interested to see how cast time and range are calculated, but you didn't provide us with the numbers (whether on purpose or by accident) in the skill info.

Overall GT is a pretty great hero. Personally I think Arctic Cataclysm does too much damage for its cost/cooldown and Avalanche is too easy to use and throws you too far for its cost and cooldown, but both spells are also reasonably easy to dodge if you have the lane space (AC also has like no width on the spell). I think GT is one of the better heroes of the game in terms of how he was actually built and he has a bit of internal synergy, which is nice.
- Luftwaffles

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Glacial Tyrant

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

I believe I've complained before, but here we go.

My only real issue with Glacial Tyrant is his Freeze Shards, can't remember the name. But for the cost of crystal they are not really worth it. Yak nerfed them too hard I think. A slight increase to mana returned (with the talent) should be included. Beyond that, he's fine. His shield MAY, may need a slight nerf, I have backed down a little on that complaint and will wait to here what others have to say before adding anything further to that.

My 2 cents.

Yah, his innate is awesome, not arguement there.

Cataclysm is fine imo, it really doesn't hit that hard without heavy str, unlike some other AoE nukes.

@ Ion: I posted numbers for his shield on another thread so if you want to use them feel free.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

Re: Glacial Tyrant

#3 Post by Reaper »

yeah the mana crystal skill feels worthless, at least in skipping out on the others
[Reaper]