Klungr--Goblin Demonisher

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Klungr--Goblin Demonisher

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

Klungr
Goblin Demolisher?

Model: Goblin shredder or Tinker?

Stats
STR 20 (2.30)
AGI 17 (2.0)
INT 17 (2.0)

Faction: ? (no, he's not a tavern hero). I was thinking maybe elves, since the goblins and gnomes share a love for technology. The gnomes of course being allied with the elves.

History
(coming later, maybe)

[Innate]Revamp
Gives a 100% mana regen and a 5 HP regen, but takes 10 gold a second. Lasts 20 seconds.

Wreck
Klungr’s machine goes haywire, spewing oil and grease everywhere, as well as shooting out pieces of metal and fire, dealing X (INt) dmg in an AoE. Large casting range, channeling. Also removes any buffs/debuffs to unit and heroes within the AoE.

[Talent]A Good Disaster—upgradable once
Restores 3 HP per second to allied units, but takes 15 dmg per second from Klungr while channeled. Must be cast over allied units to be engaged, otherwise the spell switches and deals the original dmg.
[Talent] Break—upgradable twice
Units/heros within the AoE also have their armor reduced by 5.

His Enemy’s Purse
Awards x% more gold from killed units. Does not affect heros, but gives a chance to steal y% of enemy hero’s item value. For instance, an enemy IS may have a total item (includes summons, consums etc.) value of 4000 gold. While casting HEP, there is a chance that a percentage of that total value may be awarded to Klungr, permanently. This is a passive skill, and the additional gold would kick in upon enemy heroes death from you. Say there is a 2% to be awarded 10% of the total item value.
10/4000= 400g, plus the gold awarded from the initial kill. These are just numbers though. Keep that in mind!

Snatch
Traps units for 3 seconds, heros for 1. Increases .5 seconds per lvl. Also steals 5 gold per second. Gold awarded increases by 2 per lvl.

[Talent] You’re Mine—upgradable three times
Grants an additional 1 gold per second stolen and applies a debuff on the target unit, giving an (2/4/6%) percent chance to be stunned for 2 sec every 5 seconds. Lasts 25 seconds. Gold is not awarded to units/heroes that are stunned by the talent effect.

Unbreakable
Klungr’s mental machine grants him unparalleled resistance. Reduces all attacks by (5/7/9/11/13/15 dmg) as well as granting (5/10/15/20/25/30) additional armor. Also gives a (1/3/5/7/9/12%) chance for a random breakdown, which reduces attack by 50% for 5 sec and deals small (STr) AoE, physical dmg.

[Ultimate]--?
Add later (ideas welcome!).
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Klungr--Goblin Demonisher

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

There aren't gnomes in EotA.

Yak is also planning to add the tinker model to orcs.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by jamn455 »

How many fucking times do we have to tell you that there are NO PASSIVES in EotA?

BIG EMPHASIS ON THE NO PASSIVES
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Gnomes have nothing to do with it, wootz.

They're not complete passives Jamn, check the spells.
Yak is also planning to add the tinker model to orcs.
Sorry, but I just don't believe you.

At least tell which skills have/sound interesting or cool.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

I was thinking maybe elves, since the goblins and gnomes share a love for technology. The gnomes of course being allied with the elves.
DarnYak wrote:I was going to add goblins to orcs anyway

Want mine and Yak's AIM chatlog since you're so keen on not believing me?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Even if Yak actually said that, and you didn't just invent it yourself, it doesn't mean he will use the Tinker/Shredder model.

Also, these are just ideas, who knows, maybe Yak might use some of them. He has asked for help before, and been pleased with the overall results. And I'm trying to figure out why the hell goblins would be allied with the Fel Orcs?

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#7 Post by Discombobulator »

DarkNemesis wrote:Even if Yak actually said that, and you didn't just invent it yourself, it doesn't mean he will use the Tinker/Shredder model.

Also, these are just ideas, who knows, maybe Yak might use some of them. He has asked for help before, and been pleased with the overall results. And I'm trying to figure out why the hell goblins would be allied with the Fel Orcs?
Shut up you're wrong.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#8 Post by Luftwaffles »

This is how I reacted to this thread.

"Klungr (o___o)--Goblin Demonisher" (???)

*uses dictionary.com*
Did you mean Diminisher (in dictionary) or Demolisher (in reference)?
*facepalm*

I don't really think you can salvage much out of this hero. Yak needs to stop adding them anyway and balance the goddamn game.
- Luftwaffles

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#9 Post by Setokaiva »

jamn455 wrote:How many fucking times do we have to tell you that there are NO PASSIVES in EotA?

BIG EMPHASIS ON THE NO PASSIVES
What a LIE!! RK has a passive called Imbued Equipment, Tactician has Great bow, and Sorrow Liege's Forlorn Crown might as well be a passive 'cause its an AURA for gods sake, who CARES if its switchable!!
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Setokaiva wrote:What a LIE!! RK has a passive called Imbued Equipment, Tactician has Great bow, and Sorrow Liege's Forlorn Crown might as well be a passive 'cause its an AURA for gods sake, who CARES if its switchable!!
Except it's true. Those abilites are not purely passive abilities; they have an activated portion as well, if you'd care to look. They're activated abilities with a small bonus for having skill points in them. Even Forlorn Crown, where its 'switchability' does indeed matter.

What Dark proposed is a straight-up passive ability; it has no activated portion to it. Hence, passive, while the abilities you named are more like active/passives.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#11 Post by GeneralFunk »

Why is it when you people make counter points to "there are no passives" keep bringing up all the partial passive AKA hybrid active/passive skills but seem to never mention Scarab's armor skill and Swashbuckler's innate?

You'll have to excuse Jamn's social skills, he's use to just using grunts and groans to communicate. What I think he's trying to say, is that Yak has become set on redoing/replacing all passives with active skills and never adding any new passives.

If you consider Sorrow's spell book of changeable auras a passive, then you're using it wrong.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by DarkNemesis »

Actually, Tact's bow is 95% passive. And I NEVER use the impaling shot, and I bet no one here does either.

And as for my passives, I stand by them, for the most part at least. As one grants extra gold and the other is an AoE. And I don't see people bitching about either of those things.

On a side note, feel free to throw out suggestions. For you complainers, in particular.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on July 1st, 2009, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#13 Post by GeneralFunk »

I rarely get Great Bow, and when I do get it, I make sure to use it. Even though it's trashy it's still damage, and it's there. But Imbued Equipment isn't much different.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by jamn455 »

Your hero's innate is garbage by all means. For a total 100 hp and some mana gained over 20 seconds is pretty shitty for 200 gold. There are many other things that you could do for less gold to gain you more health and mana, so the skill should be scraped for something better.

I would say that though flurry is a passive, the point that it has a percent to be cast is more than enough to justify it being in the game, leaving Scarab's armor move being the only complete passive which I guess I will have to find an activated ability for.

Who is going to play a hero where the majority of the skills suck and two of them allow you to just select them and run around the map not needed to do anything but use your mouse? It is fucking boring. Just because you never use an ability doesn't mean that it isn't there to be used and if you choose not to use it then it is your loss.

You want my suggestion? Delete the thread.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Mills
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by Mills »

Who the fuck cares if some current heroes have passives or hybrid passives. The only reason that they have them is because they were made when EotA first came out, and the hybrid passives were an attempt to remove them from the game. Just because some current heroes may have some does not mean future heroes are suppose to have them, THEY ARE NOT.

Heroes are not suppose to have passives, so stop posting hero ideas where they do have them regardless if other heroes do or do not.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

You want my suggestion?
No
Just because some current heroes may have some does not mean future heroes are suppose to have them, THEY ARE NOT.

Heroes are not suppose to have passives, so stop posting hero ideas where they do have them regardless if other heroes do or do not.
If that is the case, then Yak would have remade them long ago. You act like he's unable to remove the "passive". Maybe he's fine the way it is?

I'll look into a more versital alternative for his passives, they need a little work. Agreed.

Still open to ideas for his ult.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#17 Post by Dekar »

Too bad Yak himself stated that he wants all passives to be changed to include at least an active part in addition to the passive bonus.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:Too bad Yak himself stated that he wants all passives to be changed to include at least an active part in addition to the passive bonus.
QFT

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#19 Post by Discombobulator »

Wow, nice parody hero.

Just kidding.

It's a fucking stupid hero, so its author must also be a fucking stupid person. Sorry DarkNemesis - one can't argue with facts.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#20 Post by Reaper »

DarkNemesis wrote:
You want my suggestion?
No
Just because some current heroes may have some does not mean future heroes are suppose to have them, THEY ARE NOT.

If that is the case, then Yak would have remade them long ago. You act like he's unable to remove the "passive". Maybe he's fine the way it is?

I'll look into a more versital alternative for his passives, they need a little work. Agreed.

Still open to ideas for his ult.
l2read thoroughly

besides, jamn is right. Passives are boring as hell
[Reaper]

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#21 Post by Setokaiva »

Lol, those were the only ones I could think of at the time... I guess Flurry does count as a passive, even though with a talent called Bladestorm, you get a chance for it to turn on when using almost any one of his abilities.

As for the others... any ability that gives you passive benefits when its taken is worthy of being called a passive ability in my eyes. While we're at it, we could also throw in Smolder (Emberwraiths ability) as well, because it has a passive benefit of evasion from the smoke, who gives a fuck if it has an activatable ability because that's just icing on the cake. Any ability that grants passive benefits is a passive. I agree that complete passives should be taken out, but passives with actives attached to them are OK. At any rate though, passive is passive.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM