Dwarf Fortress

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#26 Post by DarnYak »

BustroQuick wrote:Take me off the list, I've lost interest in the game completely.

Reborn
i consider the whole thing basicly dead due to lack of serious interest.

DarnYak

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#27 Post by Hammel »

Umm, world generation always takes its time... when the world is created, you can decide to play "Dwarf Fortress" (There are 3 other modes), then you can make your own party of 7 dwarves and are placed next to a mountain.

Usual setup:

Mountain on the right, the grey stuff is the rock wall. Left of you is a river from north to south.

Then you can make your miner dig a tunnel (D for designation, D for mining (sometimes it is chop wood)), just designate a part of the wall where to start, then designate a target point. The yellow area will be digged out then. That way you get stone for simple buildings like workshops. Well, then you have to build your fortress. You will need wood, stones (well, you will have too many stones) and food, mainly. Then you can build your dwarfes some bedrooms, a community hall and w/e...

From this point on, you should be able to figure it out yourself.

Btw, the smilies are your dwarfes ^^.

Some good starting builds, how large a digged area may become and w/e can be found in the dwarf fortress wiki, Yak had the link somewhere...

-Ham

EDIT: TIP for tantruming dwarfes: turn them into soldiers and tell his one-man-squad to go into his room. Lock him up and let him starve. Anything else will tear your fortress down. You can also let him drown, your choice.

Btw, my Legendary miner is atm unbelievably strong and nearly a Legendary Engraver... lol?

EDIT 2#: It is spring now... my Legendary miner is also a legendary engraver now... and a mason Oo wtf... well, the game will know what it says... btw, he is superdwarfenly tough and extremely agile... didnt know that exists... maybe I should train him to Legendary levels in any job there is?

RSOG
Visitor
Visitor

#28 Post by RSOG »

DarnYak wrote:
BustroQuick wrote:Take me off the list, I've lost interest in the game completely.

Reborn
i consider the whole thing basicly dead due to lack of serious interest.

DarnYak
I'd be willing to pick up a piece if you're interested in reviving it. I've gotten fairly good at the game in the couple weeks that I've played it.