Orc Spawn Towers

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Should other races be changed?

Yes, the diversity in spawns is fun!
78%
No, they're balanced now leave them how they are
11%
No, the predictability of the current hard counter system is too good to abandon
No votes
No, the Orc's are all fucked up and should be changed
11%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 9

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Orc Spawn Towers

#1 Post by DarnYak »

So I think thre's been sufficient time for you guys to learn the orc spawn towers and how they match up to other races. The main question is, should the other races be changed to have a unique set of spawn towers that aren't clones of each other as well?

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Orc Spawn Towers

#2 Post by Dekar »

If you manage to make everything counterable by everyone, unique spawns would be nice.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by mianmian »

I think unique spawns would be great. However just be aware there is going to be a big gap of time where everyone is screaming X is over-powered, just because they haven't gotten the counters down.

It does take time to make counters and figure out what towers are good for what. I knew at the start I thought Kodos were amazing, Brutes sucked and I couldn't figure out how to counter air (I didn't know Statues had air barrage).

That being said, I know how to counter air, kodos are good but not as good as I thought but Brutes still blow IMO.

So yes, I think it would be cool to have more unique spawns. Though you are potentially making more balance problems.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#4 Post by Discombobulator »

So could any of you guys who play 20 games a day enlighten the rest of us about orc countering?
I'm this forum's MVP.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by mianmian »

I play maybe 2-3 (sometimes 4) games a day.

So far this is what I've got, its still a work in progress.

Kodos: The Forc caster unit, casts devour+net. Good against Air. Counters Knights/Bears/Abomb and other tank units.

Statues: The Forcs archer unit, has a 3-pronged air barrage. Hard counters air, better against multiples. Have pretty good range too. Good vs anything with heavy armor and air.

Annihilans: Forcs Siege unit, melee. Really good unit, tanks amazingly well and siege is a good damage type. Only really countered by priests, air and maybe druids. Overall a good unit to throw down in any lane.

Brtues: Forcs Knight unit. Do piercing damage and are unarmored. As far as I can tell these guys suck. I'm guessing they're supposed to counter casters like druids/priests and junk. Overall I think your better off avoiding them.

Infernal Cannons: Forcs "unique" unit. Most people think these are siege units. They aren't. They do normal damage, but they shoot fast and have an AoE similar to cats/ballista/wagons. These guys are good at DPS. They have range so they don't die easily and are mechanical, even more survivability. Another really good spawn unit. They can't attack air so Air counters them. Good vs Casters, and decent vs everthing else except air.

I left out Red Drakes for one reason. Yak just recently changed them. I believe they have less hp, less armor but do AoE damage. Not sure how this will work out, but I see them becoming the best Forcs unit possibly. Potentially I see them being good against the "summoner" spawns like Ghasts and Druids. Being even better then conventional air spawns. This is possibly just a pessimistic view of things. You guys know my opinion on air spawns. I haven't used them as of writing this post so it's just a guess.
-Lithium flower

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Brutes have magic resistance, Annihilan's have cleave.

And while all the units are unique, brutes were designed as the most unique.

DarnYak

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by mianmian »

Right, I had forgotten what Yak said.

As this stand it changes nothing. It makes Annihilans better. And makes Brutes... better at countering casters. Which your better off using Infernal Cannons I think. Brutes just go down too easily. They're like Dancers.
-Lithium flower

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

I'm wondering if i forgot to do something with brutes. I'm sure they were suppose to be the original cleavers, so i think i forgot to add their own stronger version of cleave. Don't recall ever deciding against them having cleave. Of course, having 2 orc units with cleave (plus cannons natural aoe and now drakes with aoe) seems a bit...excessive.

DarnYak

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by Discombobulator »

DarnYak wrote:I'm wondering if i forgot to do something with brutes. I'm sure they were suppose to be the original cleavers, so i think i forgot to add their own stronger version of cleave. Don't recall ever deciding against them having cleave. Of course, having 2 orc units with cleave (plus cannons natural aoe and now drakes with aoe) seems a bit...excessive.

DarnYak
Gieb them the feedback ability? That would also make them fun against heroes.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Strychnyne »

Yes, change everything that used to give me an edge in this game! Now people will realize I'm just a guy who played way too fucking much years and years ago.

But seriously, I've only played one game vs. orcs and barely noticed. I like it. I can see the reasons for the units and I think that lends to a better counter system over all. I like the anti-caster units and the Cannons. Really nifty.

Hey man, if you can change them and keep it balanced, I'm all for it. While a part of me wishes for the good old overly balanced days of Elves vs Creeps, progress is always good. I say, if you do it for one, do it for all.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by Discombobulator »

Discombobulator wrote:
DarnYak wrote:I'm wondering if i forgot to do something with brutes. I'm sure they were suppose to be the original cleavers, so i think i forgot to add their own stronger version of cleave. Don't recall ever deciding against them having cleave. Of course, having 2 orc units with cleave (plus cannons natural aoe and now drakes with aoe) seems a bit...excessive.

DarnYak
Gieb them the feedback ability? That would also make them fun against heroes.
I'm this forum's MVP.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by mianmian »

I like the new Forc Dragons, all dragons should be changed to be like this :D
-Lithium flower

Reaper
Retired
Retired