Talent: Reduce TP Cost

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Casval
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Casval

Talent: Reduce TP Cost

#1 Post by Casval »

Effective EotA play requires a shitload of teleporting. Thoughts on a talent that reduces teleport cost by 10 gold for 10 crystal, useable 10 times?
Basically, you'd still need to pay 100 gold to teleport, but the game would give you back X amount of gold right after you spend it depending on the level of the talent.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

Re: Talent: Reduce TP Cost

#2 Post by mianmian »

This isn't a bad idea, but I wonder how often I would get it. Personally I would probably get other talents/attack ups/stats, because in the long run I think they'll make you more cash.

Just my opinion.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

I dont think I teleport 20 times in a single game. You have other people on your team, you can use mercs instead of going yourself, lanes are often easy to switch. The only time I use teleport is for really important base defense or when I'm serously wounded and have large amounts of gold to heal and shop at the main.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

This isn't a bad idea, but I wonder how often I would get it. Personally I would probably get other talents/attack ups/stats, because in the long run I think they'll make you more cash.
The only time I use teleport is for really important base defense or when I'm serously wounded and have large amounts of gold to heal and shop at the main.
I agree with both of these...not a bad idea, but...
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Casval
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Casval »

I think the point is that you would teleport more ;)

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#6 Post by Reaper »

This only really matters on stormwail, were a lot of the time players will only sit in one lane

I don't think it's a bad idea
[Reaper]

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#7 Post by Luftwaffles »

I would certainly use teleport more if it cost less.
- Luftwaffles

Casval
Resident
Resident

#8 Post by Casval »

Reaper wrote:This only really matters on stormwail, were a lot of the time players will only sit in one lane

I don't think it's a bad idea
Indeed, though it would be useful on other maps too, to an extent. Currently it's quite a bit of a waste of money to use teleport at all on any map other than Storm, and all that running around just results in a lot of downtime.

I know a lot of players are somewhat reluctant to teleport in order to help an ally. Usually, these are the kinds of players who mass items and in general squander their gold. On the other hand, there are players who respond every time you ask for help and use their gold to buy mercs and bases, and these are the players who actually need the gold. I personally like to teleport all over the map and buy towers and mercs so the -100 gold per teleport really takes its toll.

-10 gold/10 crystal might be too steep a price, since technically a hero kill = 400 gold + 10 crystal, and that 400 gold in itself could buy you 4 teleports, so the numbers can be changed around.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#9 Post by Setokaiva »

why not just have the ability to turn Generators into Teleporters and link them together with other Teleporters? That makes more sense, IMO...
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Casval
Resident
Resident

#10 Post by Casval »

Setokaiva wrote:why not just have the ability to turn Generators into Teleporters and link them together with other Teleporters? That makes more sense, IMO...
Most people don't build generators outside of HQ, and the most likely place you'd build a generator outside HQ is at a base where you can already teleport to. Even if you allow teleporting to a generator, that's an entirely different goal than if you lowered teleport cost, as it would give more places to teleport to, but wouldn't increase the frequency of teleports.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#11 Post by Setokaiva »

As it is, the cost of teleporting around is very decent. 100 gold to save a base or help a push doesn't need to be changed. I still stand by the idea of using Generators as teleporters, though; it could help greatly to get people to a remote area in an eyeblink.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Casval
Resident
Resident

#12 Post by Casval »

if it's worth 100 gold to save a base, surely it's worth 100 crystal to save many bases.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Strychnyne »

I was hoping to see a teleport options on gens instead of the current cost reduction. But I can see MANY uses for a TP gen.

I wouldn't use that talent at the propsed cost, much too expensive. Honestly, my camera if flitting around the map so much, unless I am going from a siege to a save, I usually get there in time by myself. Now, if the talent reduced the time it takes to activate the teleport, or better yet, somehow reduced the CD on the hall, then I'd be interested. 100gp is nothing, it's everything ELSE about teleporting that I'd change.

Casval
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by Casval »

Meh. Teleporting 4 times costs you T1 Mercs, and I like to teleport a lot more than 4 times per game = ( A lot more!

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#15 Post by Setokaiva »

and then we of course have the scroll version of teleport, which costs alot more BUT it lets you warp to ANY allied unit or structure mapwide. Weakness? You have to stand perfectly still while channeling it, unlike the other teleport which lets you move a short distance during it. The best part is though, the scroll version doesn't disrupt when your hit!
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM