Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

United Creeps Spawn Towers

#1 Post by Rockness »

Okay, my issue with the United Creeps Spawn Towers is basically a lack of summoning. That or my problem is with the summoning on the Grim Brigade & Elven Battalion.

In any event I feel the United Creeps lack a counter to Druids & Ghasts which inevitably end up in great numbers, although the minions are weaker, there are minions. The Creeps get no minions & have no effective counter to make up for it.

My suggestion would be to either remove the summoners, add one for the United Creeps side or give them another choice which would effectively counter such as a creep with a dispel to eat the trees and zombies.

Anyways, let me know if anyone else finds this to be a problem & hopefully a solution will present itself.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

Re: United Creeps Spawn Towers

#2 Post by Kalrithus »

Mass Drakes FtW! That or you could always use shadowdancers which make short work of low hp mobs like minions.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Kalrithus wrote:Mass Drakes FtW! That or you could always use shadowdancers which make short work of low hp mobs like minions.
The mass filer thing is another idea entirely. (Last I checked, it was able to demolish any other combo of spawn towers, including its supposed counter.)

As for Shadowdancers, I agree that they're useful, but Druids/Ghasts are way more useful IMO. Shadowdancers cut down minions, but that's time that the minions are using to damage your non-spawn tower mobs, and enough minions means that Shadowdancers don't have enough time to kill the minions before your entire wave is gone.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by jamn455 »

The summoner spawn towers will be a bit easier to counter once unit upgrades are reimplemented into the game with the siege towers AoE ability.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by CryptLord1234 »

jamn455 wrote:The summoner spawn towers will be a bit easier to counter once unit upgrades are reimplemented into the game with the siege towers AoE ability.
jamn455 wrote:unit upgrades are reimplemented into the game with the siege towers AoE ability.
jamn455 wrote:siege towers AoE ability.
WHAT?! Awesome!
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

Hellfire should also work.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#7 Post by Reaper »

Getting siege units works well since they have aoe

Although it isn't a true counter
[Reaper]

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by mianmian »

Mass Air needs to get nerfed. Air spawns are fine until there are about 3 at once. After that they're just too good. They prioritize heroes and its hard to escape from them which makes it even worse.

Now for the issue at hand. Shadowdancers have more HP then bolgs (20 more) and while they could use a bit more acutally do great DPS. Also, their invis most of the time so the other team rarely notices them to counter them.

Not a hard counter to summons they do pretty damn well. I think druids need a nerf, ghasts as well. Rather then try and cramming some summon into Creep spawns.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower