How to properly own at EotA

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Ion
Communist

#1 Post by Ion »

Think it was BGB I played, but might've just been some cool guy. Anyway, he decided to use Neph's stunlock cycle in a game for great justice and epic lulz ensued.

In addition, Plight's Abberation is hilarious since it makes him nigh unstoppable in sieges.

I think these are great cause otherwise UD suck, but also suck since games that have Plight/Neph/(RK)/(SL)/(DW)/(Harpy) on their team are basically guaranteed a win.

Enjoy!
Attachments
hilarious.w3g
(561.48 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: How to properly own at EotA

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

Wow...what an epic game! Though for the most part, your team sucked Ion. Sorry. Meh, you were (again) pretty imba, but currently your hero is OP :twisted:

Some epic lolz were...

The Witch Doctar with lvl 6 Blight and no ulti! Funny...
The total pubsmashing consistently issued by Neph. Not to mention his mass item/int build, hehehe (although I would have personally gone mass strength, but eh, heavy int seemed to work well on him I guess)...
How you (Harp) chased Witch Doctar like halfway across the map with him screaming NNNOOOOO the whole time, lolz!(and yes, Ion still go the kill!)

Good game Ion, if you do anymore like that, post em!
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Ion
Communist

#3 Post by Ion »

Some of them weren't pubs (I think my team was like 3/5 people who play?), and massing Str. is a waste of time since you couldn't escape Neph cause it's easy to stunlock with him.
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Waste? How so? Int doesn't make you any faster. Which is what Potam did, I believe. Str is imba on Neph.

With strength, your getting the full effect of his two best nukes, and equally some of the best in the game: Shred and Execute. Plus, you add this factor to Lifetap and its plain ridiculous. Using Lifetap allows you to forgo sinking 3k gold into int/mana items and focus on str for tanking, spells, and survivability. Again, for me it works perfectly but that's because I max Blood and War, which have most of the strength-based spells.

If it were possible, I would love to test my 4k Neph against your 1.5k one. Between my 800 dmg Execute and 600 dmg Shred, I doubt you could last long. Its not a personal thing either, just simple logic.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Ion
Communist

#5 Post by Ion »

How the fuck are you going to get two Nephs in a game to test that? You're not, so you're just stupid.
Using Lifetap allows you to forgo sinking 3k gold into int/mana items and focus on str for tanking, spells, and survivability. Again, for me it works perfectly but that's because I max Blood and War, which have most of the strength-based spells

This already tells me you fail. The point is that Neph doesn't even need tons of gold, just enough mana regen so he can cycle through his spells the way he wants. In the replay he gets pooled by lovely Plight but he prolly wouldn't need much more then that anyway, since you can never leave his cycle and it's just a matter of time before the damage racks up and you die.

If you're talking about buying crystal Str. upgrades for Neph at that point I don't think it matters anymore what you get since you're just going to cycle win anyway.
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

How the fuck are you going to get two Nephs in a game to test that? You're not, so you're just stupid.
I actually lol'd here. Did read what I wrote?
If it were possible
Bingo!

When you finishing learning to read get back to me, Ion, as your previous arguments didn't say shit.
This already tells me you fail. The point is that Neph doesn't even need tons of gold, just enough mana regen so he can cycle through his spells the way he wants.
Again, you actually fail for not reading correctly. The whole argument was which build is better overall. And you might wont to be careful on how you use the word need. You could argue that you don't need any items I suppose on most heroes, that's not the point though.

Ion
Communist

#7 Post by Ion »

Here are some highlights of what you wrote.
Did read what I wrote?
You are such a fob. This sums up everything that has gone on in this thread so far:

Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ion wrote:Here are some highlights of what you wrote.
Did read what I wrote?
You are such a fob. This sums up everything that has gone on in this thread so far:

Don't be a douche, you know what I said.

Ion
Communist

#9 Post by Ion »

no i dint go back 2 ur CUNTry plz LOLSEX

not lik u noe dat one tho
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ok I'm done here.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#11 Post by Reaper »

You're all a bunch of babies
[Reaper]

Mills
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Mills »

I thought this thread was going to go as follows:

Play like Mills.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#13 Post by Dekar »

Host a game full of downloader.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

I'm touched to hear you think that I owned someone, but alas, that wasn't me - I suck with the UD heroes :P

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#15 Post by Luftwaffles »

I was half hoping it was and I wouldn't have been surprised. All that time with TDG minigames might've made you godly ; )
- Luftwaffles