Hero Idea - Tauren Gladiator

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Roflfax

Hero Idea - Tauren Gladiator

#1 Post by Kalrithus »

Well this was written with no real knowledge of the lore behind Taurens in EotA so here goes.

Mooticus
Tauren Gladiator

Impressed by Mooticus's fierce tenacity and strength Deinnov forced him into becoming a
gladiator for his continued amusement. Now promised freedom if he helps the Fel Orcs recover
the artifact, Mooticus, fights with all his strength to crush the opposition.

Innate: Strength of the Fallen - Gains +%Damage and +Armor for each dead ally in an X radius.
Activate: Revenge of the Fallen - Causes nearby, allied, dead units to respawn as weak spirits
for (int modified) seconds.
Note: Radius would be something relatively small like 3-500 whatever would be necessary for balance reasons.
Revenge of the the Fallen's duration should be a fairly small base if the units
are slightly stronger but larger if they are weaker with a small int Factor.

Hoof to the Head
Single Target Knockback + Area Debuff
Mooticus puts his best hoof forward to send an enemy flying, knocking back other units in its
path and temporarily causing all units hit to have their movement speed and attack damage
lowered greatly.

Level One: X(low damage) modified by Y(agility factor-medium) Knockback distance ~300 (modified
by strength). 60% slow and Damage Reduction for 3 seconds.

Level Progression: Damage increase at a moderate rate, Small Agility modifier Increase,
base knockback distance increased by 25, slight increase of str modfier(prolly not needed)
Slow and Damage reduction increase by 5% per level.

Strength and Dishonor
Creep Supportive Buff/Debuff
Mooticus Gores an enemy unit at melee range, dismembering it, then taunting then enemy units
around him sending them into a frenzy. Allied units are inspired by this display of brutality
and fight with renewed strength.

Level One: Increases the damage of allied units by 7% and armor by 5, decreases the armor of
enemy units by 6 and increases their attack speed by 35%. Lasts 20 seconds, does not effect
heroes.AoE of 600

Level Progression: Allied unit damage Increase by 7% per level, Armor Increase by 5 per level,
Enemy unit Armor Decrease by 6 per level Attack Speed Increase y 5% per level.

Gaea's Prison
Area Confine + Conditional Damage
2 Second Cast Time
Visual Effect Deep Crater
Mooticus calls upon his connection with the elements to entrap his enemies in a Ring of Stone.
While within the ring boulders cascade down impacting at random places dealing damage
and ministunning.
AoE of 350
Note: It is intended to be able to dodge the boulders if only by luck, so if the rate of the
boulder drop is low the damage per boulder should be higher. while if the rate of the boulder
drop is high then the damage per boulder would be lower. Similar idea was though up by I think
Perhaps.

Level One: Boulders do small/medium damage modified by str. Duration is 5 seconds.

Level Progression: Medium Increase in Boulder Damage. Medium to Large Increase in Str modifier.
Duration increase by 1 second per level.

Gaea's Remorse
Minor Unit-Centric HoT + Conditional Damage
High Cooldown
Lasts 30 Seconds
AoE of 150
Mooticus entreats the elements for aid causing a localized storm to appear and follow him
around. The storm's gentle rain heals Mooticus over time but its lightning will strike any
enemies that get too close.

Level One: Heals Mooticus for 6+(1*medium int modifier) every second. Enemies that enter
the cloud will be struck by lightning once every 4 seconds for 30 + Medium int Modified Damage.

Level Progression: Base Heal increases by 5 per level (modifier does not change), Base Damage
Increase by 15, lightning Frequency increased by .5 seconds per level. Damage Modifer minorly
Increased per level.

Ultimate - Steam Quake
Building Damage AoE + Secondary Effects
AoE of 700
Channeled
Causes Massive fissures to erupt on the ground dealing damage to nearby buildings.
Enemy units that go near the fissures suffer damage and have their armor reduced. Friendly units
near the fissures are blessed with Permenant Immolation.

Level One: Deals 35 Damage per second to enemy buildings in the AoE. Enemy units near Fissures
are burned for 50 damage (Modified by Small Agil Factor). Enemy Armor Reduced by 10.
Debuff lasts for 15 seconds. Friendly units recieve a 5 damage per second Permenant Immolation.

Level Progression: Building Damage increased by 10 or so per level. Unit damage increased by 20
per level Armor reduction increased by 5 per level. Permenant Immolation Damage Increase by 5
per level.

---Talents---

This Is Taurehe!(Hoof to the Head)
Very High Crystal Cost
There is a 5% chance when you use Hoof To the Head that the target will be stunned for .5
seconds, and that an Instant Gaea's Prison will be cast centered around the target equal to
the level of Gaea's Prison of Mooticus. If Mooticus has not trained Gaea's Prison it defaults
to level 1.

Sandy Vision(Gaea's Prision)
Small -> Medium Crystal Cost
Causes units caught in Gaea's Prision to suffer a 70% miss rate for 10/15/20 seconds after the
start of the spell.

Gaea's Fury(Gaea's Remorse)
Medium Crystal Cost
Causes the lightning strikes to become Chain Lightning and strike up to 3 additional units with
10% damage loss.
Vengeful Caller(Revenge of the Fallen)
small > Medium Crystal Cost
Strengthens the Spirits summoned and gives them the mirror image ability (1 Copy).

Gory Glory(Strength and Dishonor)
small Crystal Cost
Mooticus Is healed for 20/35/50% of the targeted unit's maximum hp.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Hero Idea - Tauren Gladiator

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

Lol, I laughed so hard reading some of the names, it's all good though, I'm not bashing. But it was nonetheless hilarious, haha!

Ok, ahem, about your ideas.

Wonderful concepts, really unique and interesting. I could see this hero being very fun to play, he seems to take the best from Tyrant, SB, and BP and roll em all into a Tauren character, which is far overdue btw :wink:

I guess I have a couple of questions though...

Which faction be belongs to? (I'm assuming Creeps)

The knockback, nuke skill, Hoof to the head, I'm wondering why you'd want to knock them back further (I.E. the STR modifier)? Unless your running or escaping maybe. Too me, the the idea here is a heavy buffer and tanking hero, staying in combat and melee'ing enmey heroes, be kinda hard to hit them if they are being flung halfway across the map, eh? Just a thought. Unless, he's more of a shammy-style hero on steroids, I noticed some earth/lighting/healing themes in there, just curious.

His stats, armor gain, etc. I know it really doesn't matter, but even some rough numbers would be nice to give me a better idea of the role of this hero.

Lol, you should name the hero DarnYak, ha...
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Kalrithus »

Hoof to the Head was meant to help the hero escape from pursuers, but it could also be used in conjunction with and invis pot to kick an enemy hero or unit back towards your own lines.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

Strength and Dishonor: Enemy units shouldnt get such an extreme attack speed buff.

Ultimate: Permanent Immolation x_X

The ideas are good.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Kalrithus »

The idea on the attack speed buff was to make the skill have some small drawback to compensate for the bonuses given, it also forces you to think about when to use the spell, I.E during a large push where your side will get the greatest benefit, using it on the last enemy spawn in a wave. Whatever the case its not meant to be an lol click and forget skill with no consequences.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Ultimate: Not so sure I like the permanent immolation ability either; perhaps apply a immolation effect that lasts 3-5 minutes? Not permanent, but it does have some longer-lasting effects.

Other than that. . . great hero idea, I'd wanna play it.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Kalrithus »

Well mainly by permanent immolation I'm trying to identify the spell as the always on cost no mana spell that it is. Though with the low damage values for it and the fact that most mobs don't live that long anyway I'm not sure how bad it would be for it to be permanent ^-^

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#8 Post by Luftwaffles »

What race? Mercenary? : D
- Luftwaffles

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Kalrithus »

Does no one read the "history" part >> Deinnov? Anyone remember this guy? And the whole Fights for Fel Orc thing? =D

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Kalrithus wrote:Well mainly by permanent immolation I'm trying to identify the spell as the always on cost no mana spell that it is. Though with the low damage values for it and the fact that most mobs don't live that long anyway I'm not sure how bad it would be for it to be permanent ^-^
Actually, now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't be that bad; however, on the other hand, AP games. I'm not trying to say "Balance around AP games" -- That's fucking impossible. But, and this is off the top of my head here, there are a few heroes who could make the mobs last significantly longer than they're supposed to: Tact, Gravel, Dread Shaman, Plight, TC, BP. . . The list goes on, obviously, but they all have ways of increasing HP / stats / healing mobs to keep 'em up. 20 DPS around them isn't so bad, but if they last awhile (And if the immo is allowed to target buildings) it can be kinda nasty. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I can't tell precisely how bad it could get.

IMO, a longer duration immolate would make it so that on regular, non-influenced mobs, it doesn't matter so much, but on those guys, there is a finite range for the immolate to last.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Kalrithus »

Immo doesn't normally target buildings so that shouldn't be an issue, and yes with creep supporting abilities its possible to make these units last longer, but as long as we're talking possibilities it could also be said that have someone like AM come along and Wail them all to death, or any number of nuking heroes for that matter. I mean by the time an ultimate is lvl 3-4 you generally have multiple heroes that one shot spawn waves ^-^

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Kalrithus »

Bump looking for more feedback

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#13 Post by Reaper »

Pretty solid design.
[Reaper]

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Kalrithus »

shameless bump for more feedback

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#15 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

This is a cool hero idea. I especially like his Gory Glory talent.
I miss EotA :(

Elle-Belle
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Elle-Belle

#16 Post by Elle-Belle »

lol..

If this doesn't make it into the game purely because of it's name, I'll be surprised.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Kalrithus »

Well Yak shot down my other idea so I imagine this one will as well :twisted: :twisted:

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#18 Post by aegir ravenking »

Only two real problems with the hero. First while many of the names are hilarious, well they are hilarious and would probably need changed. Second I know of only two taurens in EotA. One is in the opening cinematic. The other may not be spoken of on the forums.

I always guessed yak had something special planned for the whopping three cow models he has to play with, so maybe make him with a peon model?
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#19 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Well Yak shot down my other idea so I imagine this one will as well :twisted: :twisted:
Which one was that.

Well, the names are uber hilarious if nothing else.
If this doesn't make it into the game purely because of it's name, I'll be surprised.
Yea, really.

America!

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular

#20 Post by Laser_Wolf »

The immolation should last only as long as he channels the spell.

There's another hero with a knockback spell: the dryad I believe...
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Kalrithus »

Arboreal Crusader aka Sue Jadeheart aka dryad aka fawn person has a range knockback that deals damage to all units it hits in a line in addition to knocking them back. This ability is a single target knockback at melee range that applies a snare effect to units in the path of the knocked-back target. So they are not exactly carbon copies :twisted:

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Kalrithus »

bump, because I still think my suggestion is awesome