EotA 1.12c2 Test Release

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA 1.12c2 Test Release

#1 Post by DarnYak »

This is sort of rushed, and i don't have time to test it myself/organize tests, so i'm letting you guys at it. If ther'es no bugs it'll become the official release Saturday night. If there are bugs, c3 will happen sometime after tuesday.

You can host it in pub games on bnet, although i'd prefer no mass hosting untill after its gotten some testing (especially no bot hosting)

See the wiki "Next Version" for changes.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_12c2.w3x
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 361 times

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: EotA 1.12c2 Test Release

#2 Post by jamn455 »

First, and I don't even play the game.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

When should we expect 1.12c2r38æ1x0Ñ?

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Perhaps wrote:When should we expect 1.12c2r38æ1x0Ñ?
I think you mean d.

I was wondering the same thing...

I'll do some testing.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

When there's a lot of bugfix versions to other bugfix versions that aren't incremental bugfixes.

DarnYak

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Considering there aren't a whole lot of bug fixes currently, I'd say fairly soon then?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

1.12d's different, and includes new heroes. It'll take a bit to impliment, but it looks like i'll be able to work on EotA again seriously starting Wed.

Largely depends on how long it takes me to make graphics, as the skills are almost all plotted out.

DarnYak

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ok, we'll be waiting, Yak!

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by Perhaps »

I was poking on the fact that the version naming is cookier than what Blizzard does. >_>

Anyways, what about adapting my suggestion towards all pick promote AT LEAST as a temp in this one until something else comes up. >_>

Just a recap. The suggestion I made was to just use the same units that promote had before replace equivilents of the other races. Ghouls and Polar Furbolgs would become Squires, Dragoons, Templars, and High Guards; Banshees and Headhunters would become Hunters, Rangers, Trueshot, and Amazons; and Necromancers and Soothsayers would become Magicians, Conjurers, Warlocks, and Arcanists. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard, just add like 10 more unit checks, no new units need to be created, and as I've said many times before, it doesn't matter if it's poorly themed or "out of place looking," Blazing Priest on the Grim Brigade already takes the cake on that.

Casval
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Casval

#10 Post by Casval »

That would be nice. Rather have some minor confusion than a hero with a completely useless skill in AP.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#11 Post by Discombobulator »

Perhaps wrote:I was poking on the fact that the version naming is cookier than what Blizzard does. >_>

Anyways, what about adapting my suggestion towards all pick promote AT LEAST as a temp in this one until something else comes up. >_>

Just a recap. The suggestion I made was to just use the same units that promote had before replace equivilents of the other races. Ghouls and Polar Furbolgs would become Squires, Dragoons, Templars, and High Guards; Banshees and Headhunters would become Hunters, Rangers, Trueshot, and Amazons; and Necromancers and Soothsayers would become Magicians, Conjurers, Warlocks, and Arcanists. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard, just add like 10 more unit checks, no new units need to be created, and as I've said many times before, it doesn't matter if it's poorly themed or "out of place looking," Blazing Priest on the Grim Brigade already takes the cake on that.
I think you give this issue too much importance.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#12 Post by Kalrithus »

ty Yak

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by DarkNemesis »

it doesn't matter if it's poorly themed or "out of place looking," Blazing Priest on the Grim Brigade already takes the cake on that.
I disagree, I think it is out of place and poor looking. Too, your comparing a hero-spawn relationship with a spawn-spawn relationship, there is a difference. I don't how it can be so hard, Yak did it with the Elves, I'm sure he can do it with the other races, or just cap the skill and make a new one with similar effects. Probably a better idea imo. In any event, I'd have real issues seeing a furbolg co-named a Templar X_X

Not in the EotA theme imo.

Yes, as always, ty Yak, we will be eagerly awaiting the release of d =)

P.S. I noticed you buffed Bane, I love him again!

Ion
Communist

#14 Post by Ion »

NEPH: Shadowveil and Adrenaline appear to not finish their cooldowns. I'm not sure if this was intended (I don't mind :)) but they start their cooldown then 2s in it just stops and goes to another skill. Otherwise your job on cooldowns with Neph is incredible.
PLIGHT: This was not an intended change, but some tweaking to Plight's Abberation would be nice since atm. it is nigh unstoppable (perhaps I should post that in balance)
KEDGE: Worked as far as I could tell.
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by DarkNemesis »

NEPH: Shadowveil and Adrenaline appear to not finish their cooldowns. I'm not sure if this was intended (I don't mind :)) but they start their cooldown then 2s in it just stops and goes to another skill. Otherwise your job on cooldowns with Neph is incredible.
I noticed this as well when testing a DPS Neph. And the cooldowns threw me for a minute, screw you Yak.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by DarnYak »

-Balance is still broken (moreso than before), but its rarely used anyway so I'm not sure i'll release c3 for it

DarnYak