Nazir - The Overlord (Fel Horde)

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

Nazir - The Overlord (Fel Horde)

#1 Post by Setokaiva »

Here's my own idea.

Overlord
Model: Destroyer (i.e, transformed Obsidian Statue)
Flying hero
STR - Medium
AGI - Low
Intelligence - High

Background: Nazir is an ancient, malevolent being from another dimension. The Fel Horde found him trapped within a statue during one of their innumerable massacres, and were able to revive him. Now freed, Nazir seeks only vengeance, using his powers over dimensional energies for the glory of the Horde.

Abilities
-Innate-
Accumulation - Nazir can manipulate energies from the environment around him and use them to replenish his own supply of mana. While moving, the Overlord pulls energies from the surrounding environment and builds up a charge. He can then absorb this charge to replenish his mana. (Similar to Forlorn Martyr.)

Evocation
Aether Lance - Nazir fashions a spear of pure energy and sends it streaking through the ranks of his foes. All in its path take damage.

Abjuration
Null-blast - The Overlord creates a mass of dimensional energy that he throws to a target point, creating a localized shockwave which tears the fabric of magic apart, nullifying all buffs in the area.
Talent: Disturbance - Intensifies the potency of Null-blast by adding a dimensional distortion effect. All caught within the blast are etherealized for 3-4 seconds.

Abjuration
Planeswalk - Nazir is a master of extra-planar magic. Using this ability, he briefly 'steps' into a parallel dimension, moving quickly to a chosen point. He cannot be attacked in this form; all that is visible is an ominous glow.
NOTE: This spell is technically Teleportation, but he wont teleport instantly; he has to 'walk' to the chosen point, and a green glow (Dark Summoning projectile art) signifies his location.

Evocation
Chaotic Resonance - Nazir emanates pulses of dimensional energy that distort the minds of his enemies in an area of effect. Units affected by these waves suffer a % chance to be stunned, a % reduction on their movement and attack speed, and XX damage per second. This spell lasts 15 seconds the caster can move while its active.

-Ultimate-
Conjuration
Dimensional Gate - The Overlord is a master of dimensional power. Through the use of this ability he is able to create a powerful nexus of dimensional energies at a target point, which he can use to fashion a crude but effective gateway that bridges this dimension with another.

Ideas for effects please? Maybe summoning a horde of demons, one big monster, a miniature sun, Chuck Norris, whatever you think lol. I don't know.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Nazir - The Overlord (Fel Horde)

#2 Post by Dekar »

Accumulation: Could need an additional effect ( similiar to Martyrs skill ), because manaregeneration on click is not exactly the most impressive skill.

Aether Lance: A bit blunt, basically Rock Throw. Add something to make it special, its magic after all so theres plenty of room for ideas.

Null-blast: Not sure if banish should be merged into the normal skill. Or if banish is too strong and should be replaced with a magic damage taken increased debuff. But a dispel that has some ( little ) use when there are no debuffs is ok.

Planeswalk: I dont think a flying hero needs a teleportation skill.

Chaotic Resonance: Ok.

Dimensional Gate: And what does it do?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Setokaiva »

Accumulation: Extra effect; with charge, first attack deals increased damage and has AoE. This drops the charge.

Aether Lance: Damage in a line, talent (Aether Combustion) lays a small damage-over-time on each unit hit.

Null-blast: Keep the dispel, talent (Disruption) also silences units in the area of effect for a short time.

Chaotic Resonance: OK.

Conjuration
Dimensional Rift
Model: Portal (the big glowing huge purple portal seen in doodads in wc3 world editor)
The Overlord begins an ancient spell. If allowed to complete the spell, he will create a massive dimensional rift directly beneath him between this dimension and another of his choosing. The rift will periodically launch volleys of dimensional energy bolts all around it which deal cruel damage to all struck by them. The bolts will stun hit units for 3 seconds. After a period of time, the rift will collapse in on itself with nothing to support it, violently exploding in a wave of dimensional power that rushes out to incinerate all nearby.

-----
Or how about...

Conjuration
Dimensional Conduit
Model : Unknown
Nazir uses his powers to fashion a conduit that serves as a link between dimensions. As long as it stands, it will draw Aether energies from another dimension and funnel them into the conduit. They can then be used at will to replenish stores of mana whenever needed (like the Infested Stump). In addition, being near a Dimensional Conduit will allow the Overlord to cast certain powers with greater effect. Dimensional Conduits also grant an aura that replenishes some mana to nearby units over time.

Talent - Detonation
With this researched, Conduits can self-destruct at will or whenever they are destroyed. The resulting outrush of negative energies drains some mana from enemies near and, if Aether Combustion has been researched, places a debuff which will damage them over time.

-----

ok, let me know if you have anything to add, cause i really think this hero could work if i could just find the right ideas for skills.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

Setokaiva wrote: ok, let me know if you have anything to add, cause i really think this hero could work if i could just find the right ideas for skills.
Thats propably true for all hero ideas. :P
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Setokaiva »

Just remember the theme for this guy is that he came from another dimension, he can do dimensional magic like tearing open rifts, fashioning weapons out of energy and the like. Aether is technically an energy that makes up most other dimensions; easy to manipulate, and powerful. He also maintains a constant link with other dimensions and he can draw power from them over time with Accumulation.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

#6 Post by Rockness »

Setokaiva wrote: Abilities
-Innate-
Accumulation - Nazir can manipulate energies from the environment around him and use them to replenish his own supply of mana. While moving, the Overlord pulls energies from the surrounding environment and builds up a charge. He can then absorb this charge to replenish his mana. (Similar to Forlorn Martyr.)
Another good effect for this innate (in my opinion) would be when he gets attacked and has a charge built it burns X mana from the attacker & does Y damage based on the amount of mana burnt (this spends the charge).

The aoe damage on attack seems good on paper, but when playing I for one would want to keep the charges while still attacking, it kind of defeats the purpose to be spending it every time you auto attack, unless it is active.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by Setokaiva »

that could work, the charge would be similar to forlorn martyr's thing but it would burn mana instead of give him one extra strong attack. I like it.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Aether Lance is a little lackluster. Maybe give it a small % chance to stun, smaller % chance to poison, smaller % chance to reduce armor and attack power? It needs to do something.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Setokaiva »

CryptLord1234, lets be realistic here; PLENTY of abilities are lackluster. Holy Strike on the Divine Wizard only does light damage in a small area for crying out loud, even its talent helps it to do more bulk damage; that's all it does. I think the biggest issue with Aether Lance is originality; this has already been done with Rock Throw and even Impaling Shot. I don't know, can you come up with any ideas to make this work? Or maybe we should get a new spell entirely. I still think Aether Lance can work, though.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by CryptLord1234 »

CryptLord1234, lets be realistic here; PLENTY of abilities are lackluster.
Yeah, but that's not for lack of trying.
I don't know, can you come up with any ideas to make this work? Or maybe we should get a new spell entirely. I still think Aether Lance can work, though.
I'm not the maker of this hero, so anything I say is still up to you. And I can easily see this spell working, it just needs to have something else going for it.

I would suggest adding another component to it. Things that come up off the top of my head:
  • -Adding a debuff making the units which are hit take more damage from Evocation spells.
    -Adding a DoT component to it that damages any units in the area it traveled
    -If it kills a unit, making some sort of Aether Beast spawn
    -Possibly some kind of synergy with his ultimate? Say, when you summon it, if you hit anything nearby with Aether Lance, it'll turn it into Aether (mana for the hero or duration for the gate)
Hope that helps.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

#11 Post by Rockness »

For Aether Lance I think it should do more damage the more units it hits:

For Instance (these numbers are purely for example) at level 1 it does 90 (+0.4 X int) damage to the initial target hit (+0.05 X Int) per extra unit hit, that is to say after hitting 5 units it would be 90 (+ 0.4 X Int) (+0.25 X Int) on the final unit.

Another approach would be to increase the damage by a percentage for each unit hit, say 5%/7%/9%/11%/13%/15%.

This way throwing a good lance could really break a push, whereas throwing a bad one would be considerably less effective.

Whether or not there should be a cap on units hit, I'll leave to whoever comes up with the numbers.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#12 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:Accumulation: Could need an additional effect ( similiar to Martyrs skill ), because manaregeneration on click is not exactly the most impressive skill.

Aether Lance: A bit blunt, basically Rock Throw. Add something to make it special, its magic after all so theres plenty of room for ideas.

Null-blast: Not sure if banish should be merged into the normal skill. Or if banish is too strong and should be replaced with a magic damage taken increased debuff. But a dispel that has some ( little ) use when there are no debuffs is ok.

Planeswalk: I dont think a flying hero needs a teleportation skill.

Chaotic Resonance: Ok.

Dimensional Gate: And what does it do?
Basically what dekar said...

Your AoE nuke is kinda blunt, planeswalk is cool, but not needed, and I don't know wth the ulti does?

Other than that, I concept behind the hero is pretty good, I like it.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.