Skills I'm looking to replace for 1.12d

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Skills I'm looking to replace for 1.12d

#26 Post by DarkNemesis »

Leek has a good point here, and I've used his Ult to great effectiveness. The question is is it worth it as compared to just melee'ing the units.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#27 Post by Tehw00tz »

I agree with leek, beyond level 2 Fenris' ultimate is very useful for finishing/countering a push
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Ion
Communist

#28 Post by Ion »

I'll throw some BP ideas out if they haven't been done.

Emblaze
Self-buff, short channeling (0.5-1.5s?). Adds some of the BP's Int. to his attack and gives him a short DoT (setting units on fire). If the units are close together, nearby units will get set on fire.

Alternatively, the DoT could be small Int. based and his attack could be Str. based. Point is to give him a semi-'nuke' (I consider Phoenixes an awesome nuke) to be more commanding when dealing with spawns (then he already is). He's got enough defensive abilities as it is and to give him something like this would knock him up a tier and probably boost his popularity a bit.

Molten Rain
Target, point, short channeling (1-2s?), lasts 4-6 seconds. Dark portal animation at the point, then a bunch of Drake fireballs rain down on the ground (fast but staggered) dealing Int. damage to units. At the end of spell's duration the ground hardens and all units are temporarily slowed.

I'm not really advocating this one, not sure he really needs a nuke at all- just putting it out there.

Molten Blessing
No-target, self buff, really short channel. Gives him Str. based temporary health which decays over time. In addition, units who attack the BP take a small bit of damage (and have their damage temporarily reduced?) and give him a flaming weapon (with minor Int. boost?) and chance to set units on fire when he attacks (for DoT (Int.?) based damage for a short amount of time). Like Emblaze, if the unit stands near other units there's an x% the proximal unit will similarly catch on fire.
Ion.

noworries
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: dr.noworrieS

#29 Post by noworries »

I think Backfire would be fine with a few adjustments, give the actual debuff that triggers when they cast a spell longer, make the damage over time stack every time they cast a spell(with a cap), and adjust the damage as so.

So like, level 1 it applies the main debuff for 60 seconds, and each time a hero casts a spell with while maintaining the original debuff the stack goes up dealing 4.5 damage for each application, with a maximum of 5. The damage debuff lasts 25ish seconds. Each time they cast a spell while the main debuff is on, the duration gets refreshed while the damage goes up, the effect is not upped when they cast a spell when the main debuff is gone but they still have the damage debuff.

So for level 1 a hero could be 22.5 damage a second for 30 seconds, not accounting for all the damage they'd be taking over time to get to that point. The damage could be lowered or highered, I don't know, it doesn't seem like too much for a level 1 of a spell, and it is situational, most people will stop casting spells, so maybe the damage should be upped to make it more of a threat.

but i like backfire, i think stacks would make it perfect.

thedragiin
Wanderer
Wanderer

#30 Post by thedragiin »

Blazing Priest:
Backfire-
Broiled Shield: Every time a buff spell is cast on the BP, there is a chance that it will be removed. Also decreases Evocation damage to the BP.

Talent Ideas:
Cleansing Flames: Every time the Broiled Shield is activated, there is chance that nearby units will have their negative buffs removed also

Backfire: Every time the Broiled Shield is activated by an enemy Hero, there is a chance that the buff used against the BP will be bounced back to the caster (Obviously could be hard to implement depending on how you have your spells set up).

Defiler:
Devouring Plague-
Bubonic Minions: Sends several deceased minions after the target hero which drain it’s health and return to the caster. Can be despelled, but each despell only kills off one bug. Number of bugs spawned based on level.

Talents Ideas:
Plague-carriers: Just added poison damage to the bugs.

Frailty-
Great Purge: Gives a DoT to enemy units in the AoE and affects them with a buff based on unit-type that decreases a crucial attribute. Example: (Archers-chance to miss/Footmen-decreased armor or attack/Sorceress-negative mana regen) I’ve no Talent Ideas for this one.

In regards to the Incarnation, can you give a little more info? What will happen to Mark of the Reaper now that Avatar will be the iniate? Will that take Remorseless’ place? However I think I have an idea for his ult:

Remorseless Legion: Places souls(effect) into nearby corpses, creating a mob of units that’s stats are determined by the number of units revived. This mob is not player controlled, they follow whatever lane they are spawned in(assuming that’s possible). The type of units spawned can be based on the corpses nearby or just random cool-looking units.

Martyr:
Just keep Streak, I love that effect : )
A Dragon Hero? Hmmmmm?