Host Bots up!

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Host Bots up!

#1 Post by Perhaps »

Both SomethingGuy and I have bots up.

SomethingGuy's bot:
Name: HostEm
Map: EotA: Twilight
Multi-Realm Hosting:
-East (Azeroth)
-West (Lordaeron)
Settings:
-Autohost only
-All Pick
-5v5

My bot:
Name: HostUm
Map: Naruto SShowdown
Multi-Realm Hosting:
-East (Azeroth)
-West (Lordaeron)
Settings:
-Autohost only
-Full House

Both bots can be found in channel GHost++

Casval
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Casval

Re: Host Bots up!

#2 Post by Casval »

Great Ghost bots, I use 'em a lot.

You should implement a vote-kick command though, for the lobby!

Something
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by Something »

Votekick comes with the bot. but it's turned off on both of them. This has its ups and downs. The downs of course are the inability for people to votekick out a slow downloader/laggy player, or a malicious player. The up is simply that people cannot abuse votekick. People ruin it for themselves.

GHost++ is surprisingly limited for moderation. I cannot moderate any game that I'm not in, however I can of course read the activity and ban players, I just can't KICK them. I've considered greatly modifying the code, and found the places in the code to do such, but I'll probably just end up doing nothing (my greatest power).

For those interested: both bots are being hosted from the west coast. The response for most players seems to be okay and I see little complaints about lag. If the response is way out of the norm (too slow), I'm interested in hearing about it, but unable to help you!

We may or may not put a stealth bot in channel GHost++. I had ideas of setting one up for game tracking and other tools that would be readily available to general public. If I had another gig of ram, I would probably do it. Call me a ram elitist, but I do run out on larger programs and stealth bot uses a decent bit. GHost++ has only used 12k kb at most so far, which isn't much.
Something.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

Thanks for hosting them, at least.
[Reaper]

Casval
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Casval »

Something wrote:Votekick comes with the bot. but it's turned off on both of them. This has its ups and downs. The downs of course are the inability for people to votekick out a slow downloader/laggy player, or a malicious player. The up is simply that people cannot abuse votekick. People ruin it for themselves.

GHost++ is surprisingly limited for moderation. I cannot moderate any game that I'm not in, however I can of course read the activity and ban players, I just can't KICK them. I've considered greatly modifying the code, and found the places in the code to do such, but I'll probably just end up doing nothing (my greatest power).

For those interested: both bots are being hosted from the west coast. The response for most players seems to be okay and I see little complaints about lag. If the response is way out of the norm (too slow), I'm interested in hearing about it, but unable to help you!

We may or may not put a stealth bot in channel GHost++. I had ideas of setting one up for game tracking and other tools that would be readily available to general public. If I had another gig of ram, I would probably do it. Call me a ram elitist, but I do run out on larger programs and stealth bot uses a decent bit. GHost++ has only used 12k kb at most so far, which isn't much.
Oh, west coast. That explains my lag.
I join the Battleships Ghost bots very regularly, and no one ever abuses the votekick there.

Really, it takes enough effort just to get people to vote. I don't think it could be abused.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

People will vote kick at the moment that they find something is "cheap." And if you've read these forums or well just have observed any game period, you will see people's view on cheap is here and there, or otherwise cheap can be anything, so people have the tendency to vote kick over anything.

Though really abuse isn't limited to biased kicking, there is also troll kicking. A short example towards a game that vote kick is problematic, which is Left 4 Dead. SomethingGuy and I actually joined into observer and vote kicked an entire team, ending the server and probably could have easily kept doing that to games.

Neither of us have any intention of adding it to either of our bots. It's possible we'll pick up people who we've seen enough and figure are trustworthy to make moderators for it.

Ion
Communist

#7 Post by Ion »

Add in vote abort as well. If abortion's going to be legal it better damn well be democratic.
Ion.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

Thank you.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Casval
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Casval »

Perhaps wrote:People will vote kick at the moment that they find something is "cheap." And if you've read these forums or well just have observed any game period, you will see people's view on cheap is here and there, or otherwise cheap can be anything, so people have the tendency to vote kick over anything.

Though really abuse isn't limited to biased kicking, there is also troll kicking. A short example towards a game that vote kick is problematic, which is Left 4 Dead. SomethingGuy and I actually joined into observer and vote kicked an entire team, ending the server and probably could have easily kept doing that to games.

Neither of us have any intention of adding it to either of our bots. It's possible we'll pick up people who we've seen enough and figure are trustworthy to make moderators for it.
I was actually just referring solely to lobby kicking.

Something
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by Something »

I'm having a bit of trouble with my ISP here or something. All day today has had random drops.

I tried resetting my modem and router to fix the problem, but that was a no go. The bot is going to be down for a bit since it can't reliably hold games at the moment. However, Perhaps is going to try to run two, and if he can do that, then he will be running HostEm until my internet here stabilizes.
Something.

Casval
Resident
Resident

#11 Post by Casval »

;;

I miss them already!

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#12 Post by Kalrithus »

Back up for now think Perhaps is running them till something can get his up and running again.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by Perhaps »

I didn't want to post this until I was sure they were up to stay. But yes, I think I got two up now. I'm currently running HostUm and HostEm. HostUm remains a 4 game max, and HostEm remains a 5 game max, I had considered doing it 2 and 3, but we'll see how it runs. It's only temporary that I'm running both anyways.

Most thanks should goto SomethingGuy since he has done most of the work, including helping getting both up at once on my machine.