Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Warskull
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Rune Knight

#26 Post by Warskull »

DarnYak wrote:
I argued that GR did too much damage but Yak lolpwned me.
If my arguement against rune shell with a typo lolpwned you, that's one hell of an arguement.

I haven't (intentionally) said anything about GR.

DarnYak
Grand rune is a solid skill, really shouldn't be changed. Its powerful, but also easily countered. It also gives you a huge "you probably shouldn't be standing here warning." I like how it is set-up. You aren't going to get a player with it very often, but it can full wipe a wave of creeps.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#27 Post by DarkNemesis »

You could pair RK and Shammy together, max out Expunge, then while they are slowed blast them for 1500 dmg x_X. That could be deadly, ops, better not say that or we'll have to nerf hack Shammy too...
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Ion
Communist

#28 Post by Ion »

Dekar destroyed me as RK. Although he really just proved I'm terribly inept I'm just going to stick by a small Siphon nerf and an overview of Imbued =p

GR is okay.
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#29 Post by DarkNemesis »

You have to wonder though, that perhaps its your skill instead of RK's supposed overpowered qualities...
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Leek
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Leek

#30 Post by Leek »

He just said he was bad... how the fuck can it be his skill?

Nerf syphon as much as you want, its garbo anyway.

GR is fine, something like 25-50% of heroes have a way to stop it nowadays anywho.

Ion
Communist

#31 Post by Ion »

No I was RK and Dekar raped me. But I was underlevelled the whole time by ten and was still wiping waves out xD.

It was also Candleburg, which is lmfao for any melee hero that doesn't automatically go invis whenever she's hit (*hinthint*), have Rue's speed aura or hilarious Tremor :lol:.

I don't think a big hit on Siphon is necessary. 2.5-3 is more then enough to make it reasonable. Imbued probably should be looked at, but he doesn't need to be dismantled. If anything, the other tanks just need some more buffs.
Ion.

Warskull
Visitor
Visitor

#32 Post by Warskull »

The negative armor on imbued is one of the really scary aspects.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#33 Post by DarkNemesis »

The thing I don't get is people saying how imba he is played as a DPS hero. I've tried, and my friend usually plays him as such, but to me, I don't see anything special. And I know Joram to be agreeably the best DPS'er. Alexander, eh, ok.
Nerf syphon as much as you want, its garbo anyway.
Lol

Leek, you do know this is like the only real way Alex farms?

An awesome ability, don't touch it, in fact, not touch RK, hes awesome and fine how he is.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#34 Post by Leek »

No, it isn't. I play RK the oldschool good way. Spanish RK.

Max Imbued, max stun, 1 pt shield. You are a beast, nothing can stop you. Now this could possibly need to be tweaked a little now due to power creep in heroes. However as far as I know its still the best way to play RK. So... GG

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#35 Post by DarkNemesis »

Hmmm, really? Wow, that does seem old school, to me anyway.

I get 4-5 into Syphon
...3-4 into shield
...3-5 into imbued

Occasionally 1 into stun. GR, usually 1-2 is good for me. items Plate Armor is ridiculous on Alexander. Skill orb, mix Strength and Int rings mainly. Sometimes, when I'm against hords of casters, I max imbued and grab magic protection armor instead. Crystal into Syphon DoT :D :twisted: and a few into Sundering. Rest into attack and str.

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#36 Post by Waki_Miko »

How about making Smite deal more damage against magical shields, if Smite isn't effective enough a counter?

One of the things I enjoy doing with RK is to use an Invis Pot or Zephyr Totem +0/Dimensional Wand and teleport right next to an enemy hero with no means of stopping channeling nor running away quickly enough, and immediately dumping a Siphon Glyph on it, stunning it with a Level 5 (or 6) Sigil and activating Grand Rune Level 3 or 4. Assuming my level is high enough, I'd throw in a really long ranged Hazard Slash (with max talent) - I usually don't really get Imbued till late.

Does Undead have a counter against RK's shell? Apart from Defiler's Rot to (slowly) drain away all his mana...

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#37 Post by Reaper »

I believe expunge is the only dispel that damages rune shell
[Reaper]

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#38 Post by DarkNemesis »

I believe expunge is the only dispel that damages rune shell
Damage or remove? I've been wondering this for the longest time...

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#39 Post by Reaper »

I have been informed that charge does damage as well.
[Reaper]

Leek
Resident
Resident

#40 Post by Leek »

Shatter (Tyrants melee nuke [aka worst move]) can be upgraded to do bonus damage to magical shields/barriers (aka shells/Ice Wall).

It is old school, but I think its the best. I seriously don't think SYphon is that good.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#41 Post by DarkNemesis »

Leek wrote:Shatter (Tyrants melee nuke [aka worst move]) can be upgraded to do bonus damage to magical shields/barriers (aka shells/Ice Wall).

It is old school, but I think its the best. I seriously don't think SYphon is that good.
Hmm, so you flame one of Tyants best skills (his ult is trash btw), then say its one of two that can break Alex's shields, then promote it?

I'd love to play you sometime Leek, you sound like a pro.

Syphon is imba, learn to use RK. Far better than Imbued for dmg wise.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#42 Post by Leek »

See you make an attack post because your all made that about the lore post I made in your hero thread...

Anywho, I didn't say it can break shell, I said it can be talented to do extra-damage, learn to read please.

His ult is the best base attack move in the game, end of discussion. Its also faster then GR.

Shatter is not his best skill, I believe it does less damage then Cataclysm and its only on 1 target (I'll have to double check the numbers), but it has -armor instead of slow, and considering how fucking slow Tyrant is, its obvious wich is better (its the slow for you idiots out there).

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#43 Post by DarkNemesis »

Yes, your an idiot, end of discussion.

And remember, you started the attacks, not me, so don't pin me as the troll here.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#44 Post by Kalrithus »

While I agree that Shatter is a good skill, not nearly the best but very good if used properly, to say that Deep Freeze is trash really is stupid and you clearly have no concept of how to use it effectively if that is indeed you pov.

Also the "It is old school, but I think its the best. I seriously don't think SYphon is that good" statement made by Leek refers back to
Leek wrote:No, it isn't. I play RK the oldschool good way. Spanish RK.

Max Imbued, max stun, 1 pt shield. You are a beast, nothing can stop you. Now this could possibly need to be tweaked a little now due to power creep in heroes. However as far as I know its still the best way to play RK. So... GG
Which if you remember you acknowledged the phrase "old school" in your post following
DarkNemesis wrote:Hmmm, really? Wow, that does seem old school, to me anyway.
Also I will say that siphon is not a garbage skill, but rather a situational but very effective AoE, for example it can easily take out a standard wave of units provided there is a caster unit with even a little mana as the damage is fairly high. While that helps with farming, the use of siphon against melee heroes with low mana pools is also devastating, as the RK is also very mana dependent many such encounters come down to who can use their abilities the most before running oom (aka attrition concept) this ability if not targeted quickly can tip the balance easily in 1v1 fights.

Both your builds are fairly viable although I tend to max out his ultimate whenever possible simply for the range increase on it.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#45 Post by Reaper »

There is nothing wrong with the discussion of a hero or his/her skills.

Insulting other people directly is flaming and I'm not going to tolerate any more, in any thread.

Posts are going to be deleted if it doesn't stop.
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#46 Post by DarnYak »

Reaper wrote:There is nothing wrong with the discussion of a hero or his/her skills.

Insulting other people directly is flaming and I'm not going to tolerate any more, in any thread.

Posts are going to be deleted if it doesn't stop.
Yea, I've been deleting postsin mass becuase I've been lazy and the posts were acceptable. However, these last few aren't.

DarnYak

Ion
Communist

#47 Post by Ion »

EDIT: OP is a noob. TL;DR
Ion.