1.11 (Test) Balance

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

1.11 (Test) Balance

#1 Post by Hammel »

Since Yak wanted a unique thread for this, here is it.

Naga:

Heal imba
Zen Arrows too strong (+250 dmg Oo wtf with Crit Gloves), maybe too cheap (especially later when you got mana like hay)
Slow too strong
Dunno about the innate... 40 mana for 4 sec reveal I think... AA owls are cheaper and last longer, just that they are not instant.

Prince Rue:

Mortal Strike too strong (Str modifier, maybe CD a bit quick, he can chase forever due to his hp)
Movespeed aura too strong?
Shadow Bastion too slow, maybe a bit weak towards a push. Btw, what bonuses does it get on higher levels?

Nephi:

Combo too strong
False Alliance too strong in the beginning, hearing the allied chat of one enemy sucks (for the enemy) [not changable though I suppose, maybe we need a new chat system like in Defiance RPG... then triggers could take care of that]
High modifier on Execute? Although it doesnt damage yet (it can be used at nearly no CD in the combo... no escape)

Making the spells absolutely random would fix the problem, but it might be too random to use effectively in a close combat situation (dont want to take the eyes off the battlefield to check for skills when I fight AM and AC). A longer CD would make many of the spells way too weak, and it wouldnt help too much (you can hold the enemy down with nets).

-Ham

Furion
Resident
Resident

#2 Post by Furion »

i agree with the point ham mentioned
but
what does the shadow bastion do? when i tried it rue channeled a static necropolis, which i could enter like a transport zeppelin.
little useless for an ultimate :/

naga:
tossed units should be invulnerable, since they are completely helpless whil in the air.

nephi:
maybe give his ultimate skills a cooldown which doesnt fades away when the skill are changed through.Or make the cost more mana so that you cant cast infinite combos.Or change the order so that you cant
stun->nuke->slow->stun in a row

lich:
what is the sense of dmg reduction and lifesteal while you cant die?
maybe give this two to units around

defiler:
pestilence is too weak, kills around 2-3 units at high lvl or ~300 dmg to a hero, compared to other dmg spells in the game this one is just laughable
and it doesnt fit to what it suggested to be, a pestilence that can breaks out more often and contamintes an area or a group of units.
suggestion:
make it contamine a group of units and whenever one of this units dies it deals damage to surrounding units and contamines them as well (what diseases usually do)

exhaustion seems ok (remindes of tremor but without lag) but has a somewhat smal casting and effect range/aoe and the slow seems to low

candlebourg:
move the gathers for the townsfolk more outside the base, at the moment its almost impossible to steal them without destroying the enemy base before
same with the lumbermills, they are to near at the base

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Hammel »

When battle randomly is good for one side at the beginning, they can fight near the enemy base for a long time... if the Lumber Mill was further outside, the defensive team would get no upgrade mana at all and lose later on. Also the offensive team gets all the peasants in such a case so that they have an advantage anyways.

-Ham

Furion
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by Furion »

hmm that wouldnt be that good, maybe add another one in the middle, at the edge of the map where the creeps usually dont go

and what you said about that fighting in front of the enemy base..
if you are fighting near the enemy base you will get much more civilians than the other team, but at the moment you cant take them away from the enemy team, since the fence lies well defende in their base
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Hammel »

Also the offensive team gets all the peasants in such a case so that they have an advantage anyways.
if you are fighting near the enemy base you will get much more civilians than the other team
Just what I said. Also stealing the enemy civvies would just make it nearly impossible for one team to come back. Atm they COULD spawn mass cats and push back, gethering new civs themselves and maybe fighting their way back to the middle of the map, but when you can also steal them, you wouldn't have a chance.

-Ham