zomg i wnt 2 fite u lolol

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Ion
Communist

zomg i wnt 2 fite u lolol

#1 Post by Ion »

Does anyone here do any form of martial arts and/or semi/full contact sports?

Please don't list obvious shit like football, hockey, football (real, known as "soccer" by us American/Canadian freaks). Cool stuff like Lacrosse, Tennis (both court and table) and that kinda awesomeness is good.

I mean, it's great if you play football, but no one really cares 'cause a lot of people do it.

I however like martial arts. You should name some stuff you kids do. Don't want to get raped do you!
Ion.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#2 Post by Hammel »

Wow, I play guitar... have been playing for 2 weeks now... that hurts... so I guess it is some kind of dangerous for others and myself ~~.

Apart from that I like inline-skating... great when you dunno how to turn and stop... the cars already love picking me up... with the radiator grill first. Usually the car loses Oo (THEY have to watch out for weaker participants in street life)

-Ham

genrap993
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by genrap993 »

I play lacrosse for about 5 years. Played as attack for about 3 years then switched to defense, I like de better but attack had its benefiets to

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Hammel »

We have played Lacrosse in school last year... was pretty much fun, apart from us being pretty bad (although we were using noob-sticks with a real net/basket, not the pro ones where you even have trouble carrying the ball around).

-Ham

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

I've played football for years... :(
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Ion
Communist

#6 Post by Ion »

I've been taking kung-fu since I was 9. I did Northern for seven years, and Southern for five (I did them both at the same time. I put them on hiatus however for other sports.

I haven't practiced in awaile though.
Ion.

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#7 Post by Ocean.dll »

I run Cross Country. People say its not a contact sport and all, but it can get kind of messy. Obviously not like some other sports such as football or lacrosse, but occaisonaly you get spiked by someone running behind you, and that sucks. For those who don't know, the shoes we race in have pins that can be screwed into them. We use different lengths for different course conditions. On a real muddy day you can use up to a half inch long pin. Essentially the bottom of your foot becomes a meat tenderiser. Your leg is pretty much a bloody mess afterwards. People can be pretty mean when racing too. Usually when in front of spectators the other racers act decently enough, but going into a woods can make things ugly. Some people will refuse to let you pass and are even willing to run youoff the course and into a tree or something if they're crazy enough. I once had to body check a kid who tried to do that to me.

Course that sort of thing happenes in real contact sports like everyday, not once a season.
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Hammel »

Just that in normal contact sports, you don't wear spikes under the shoes and don't move over such terrain (where getting off the path can hurt you)...

-Ham

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Well iam doing Kendo for 3 years now... got my own Collection of different Katanas, the most of them are just 420 stained steel and not real combat usable.
But i got a nice one with that i can fight in reality, it was kinda expensive but after some time of laying money to the site i buyed it, theyre realy expensive...

Kendo itself is real fun, you need fast reflex and a sharp eye. You can fight in the full Kendo Suit or with some protections for different body parts.
I like the second choice caus the armor got a nice weight of 12~kg = 24pounds isnt it?

Just dont have the time more since i got my job where i need to work and only get on weekend there.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by mianmian »

12kg = 26.4lb

1kg = 2.2lb
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Hammel »

I am scared of you... btw: Diana is also swordfighting a bit, also training archery and throwing knives.

-Ham