ATTN: Dawn

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

Re: ATTN: Dawn

#26 Post by Kibiyama »

For the good of all of us, except the ones who are banned.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#27 Post by A_New_Dawn »

So are you going to flame and bash Soul or Meckross if they don't stop "protecting" me? highly likely, as we all saw with TrollDoctor. Meckross made ONE post on this thread and was immediately flamed by TrollDoctor. This says something, hes a troll, along with you Jamn and Toxik. How did this whole thread get started? simple: a stupid, hateful, 3-year old post made my Toxik. When I inquired why the hell he posted it in the first place, bam! I was immediately flamed again. You guys talk about my IQ being below 2? look at yourselves, you START rampant flaming posts then accuse me of doing the same when I defend myself, then want me banned for it. I agree, something needs to be done...with Toxik, Jamn, and TrollDoctor.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#28 Post by jamn455 »

Ok, I will leave, make a new name, and swear to act like a new person when in turn I actually do not change my ways.

Hmm... Sounds familiar doesn't it?

This coming from the person who says he cannot play on battle.net when I did with a terrible video card, 56k internet connection, and pretty much no RAM.

Your suggestions are not going to be put in the game, since they are subpar and they are not creative enough. I am sorry, this is constructive criticism or in your case "flaming". Get some better ideas which you take your time to think of, and post them to have a chance to even get read with some respect. You should realize why you are being flamed, and change. We are trying to help you out the only way possible at this point, by force.

Meckross, I have complete respect for you, but putting him on my foes list does nothing. Then all I see is tons of flaming against posts that aren't there. How does that help the situation, other than spark my curiosity to read the posts.

Reaper was telling me about the situation of closing flame threads. He had a good point about flaming on forums is just like controlled burns in a forest. Flames that do good in the long run, but they need to burn through the unneeded things.

Get rid of me. I don't care. I spent a good year and a half after registering before I actually made an effort to post, and I guess that those who want to be recruited through forums will just have to get a hold of me some other way. You may be a very smart person, but if you say dumb things, how can I think of you any other way than a dumbass?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#29 Post by Reaper »

Where I come from, a post that has no real content is a worthless post (to point someone out, Dawn's replies are typically 10 words and are meaningless; and yes, this was my neutral perception of him the first time I read his posting). I can see where both sides of this argument come from. Everyone here comes from different forum backgrounds, this is obvious by the quality of posting from each individual.

Any post that does not directly apply to the thread title or is not a direct response to someone else's on-topic post does not need to be posted. Anyone wishing to get along with everyone else should stick to this. It doesn't work the other way around. This is not an ultimatum, but abuse it enough, and you will inevitably make enemies.

Now, I don't have a problem with Dawn's ideas, whether or not I think they fit in eota. The continuing negative response to him is caused by his not following closely enough to the guideline I just stated, which I'll add, is common sense for most.

Flaming people for their ideas is obviously not appropriate (and as a mod I would not allow it), but flaming for bad posting techniques will never end unless the accused changes (thus why any action by me would ultimately resolve nothing in this case).
[Reaper]

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#30 Post by Soulbourne »

Ya, still looking for those incoherent posts.....

As for the off topic, I've only found one forum that has that enforced.....ya, many people on, but dead, most active people are the mods, and that's normally not posting either, it's closing off threads with 2+ off topic posts, anything deemed "unsanctioned", getting all the other forums to call them the .commies.....Now, doubt we'll get that severe, but off topic posts aren't death sentences, if anything, just ignore them, it works wonders.....

And controlled burns are small, wild fires are sometimes ok till they hit homes, uncontrollable infernos...didn't something like that happen in the US recently? Light flaming I don't mind, flame wars and flame threads at once are just ignoring the infernos, but ok, I'll be a bystander in my lake surrounded, fire-proof home....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#31 Post by jamn455 »

This is the off topic forum, so umm isn't the point to be umm off topic?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#32 Post by Soulbourne »

Reaper wrote:Any post that does not directly apply to the thread title or is not a direct response to someone else's on-topic post does not need to be posted. Anyone wishing to get along with everyone else should stick to this. It doesn't work the other way around. This is not an ultimatum, but abuse it enough, and you will inevitably make enemies.

Apparently not....

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#33 Post by Kibiyama »

Posting on a forum is kind of like blending in with zombies. You gotta look from a distance for a while and see how they behave and then try to blend in around the edges of the group. Once you've got the hang of that, you can make your way to the middle and take control of them and have your own personal zombie army. But if you just march in like an idiot and declare that you're a human in the guise of a zombie, they're going to rip you apart.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Dawn: I want to eat your brains.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#34 Post by Soulbourne »

There are so many sources I could refute that comparison from....

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#35 Post by Kibiyama »

I doubt this.

Forum Posters == Zombies

It is a documented fact. Right up there with string theory and the flying spaghetti monster.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#36 Post by Soulbourne »

So, anything that smells like living human we eat? Or gnaw on at least for rocks and such?

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#37 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Kibiyama wrote:I guess what I'm trying to say is, Dawn: I want to eat your brains.

WUT BRAINS? LOLOL
Backwards E's are badass

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#38 Post by Kibiyama »

Soulbourne wrote:So, anything that smells like living human we eat? Or gnaw on at least for rocks and such?
How would I know? I'm not a zombie.

OH SHI--

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#39 Post by Soulbourne »

Mind holding off the apocalypse till I get my zepplin, custom chain mail suit, dual scimitars, sub machine gun with plenty of extra ammo, and fully stocked oil rig?

And that's surprisingly on-topic too...

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#40 Post by Kibiyama »

Zeppelins and oil rigs? What is this, Warcraft 2?

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#41 Post by Soulbourne »

No, suggestions from the book: Zombie Survival Guide.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#42 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Only noobs need books and survival guides to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Here's what you do:

1. Find a mechined gigantic gundam type suit
2. Stay in said mech
3a. Assuming these zombies can starve you wait it out
4a. Get out of mech when said zombies die of starvation
3b. The zombies don't starve to death
4b. Your in a damn gundam
5. Blow the shit out of every zombie
Backwards E's are badass

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#43 Post by Soulbourne »

OK, let's assuming all of the Mechs went zombie and jumped into the ocean trying to eat oil, then what?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#44 Post by DarnYak »

Soulbourne wrote:OK, let's assuming all of the Mechs went zombie and jumped into the ocean trying to eat oil, then what?
Talk about hope and change, and all your problems will be solved.

DarnYak

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#45 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Well make a giant floating-zombie free city like in Water world
Backwards E's are badass

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#46 Post by Kibiyama »

Make an underwater city.

Is a zombie not entitled to the brains of his own kill?

No, says the man in Dawn of the Dead. It belongs to the mall.
No, says the man in 28 Days Later. It belongs to military bastards.
No, says the man in Shaun of the Dead. It belongs to Simon Pegg.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#47 Post by Soulbourne »

That underwater place from a game?

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#48 Post by Kibiyama »

Yeah, from a game I'm making in my free time. I'm thinking of calling it LifeJolt.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#49 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Kibiyama wrote:Make an underwater city.

Is a zombie not entitled to the brains of his own kill?

No, says the man in Dawn of the Dead. It belongs to the mall.
No, says the man in 28 Days Later. It belongs to military bastards.
No, says the man in Resident Evil. It belongs to Umbrella Corperation.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
Fixed for more well-knownness
Backwards E's are badass

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#50 Post by Reaper »

And this is why I unlocked the thread. I knew it would come to zombie survival.

Also http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/zombie
[Reaper]