United States Economy

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

Re: United States Economy

#26 Post by Sparda963 »

SeasonsOfLove wrote:I haven't read everything, but I feel the need to say just this: A college education at a top-10/top-20 university, which used to essentially guarantee you a job, does no such thing. Half of my graduating class from last year, from Duke, couldn't find a job. The stats don't reflect that, because a good many decided to go to graduate school rather than attempting, in vain, to get jobs. Even engineers from top-10/20 schools cannot get jobs. Total student loan debt is now larger than credit card debt. Forget the economy for everyone, the economy (and really, the government, too, due to their decisions to allow the debt to balloon since 2000) is killing my generation. Forget everything else, that is a problem. Young people are the future, and when you screw them over due to governmental decisions and de to the sad state of the economy, you screw over the future of the country, directly or indirectly.
You said it exactly right here. Sad thing is almost no one is focusing on this issue. This is also a big reason why medicare wont be around for our generation either. With the baby boomers moving from paying into the fund to collecting from it thats going to be a big draw on it. Problem is our generation isnt able to find jobs to help pay into the fund at all. Here is a good article CNN Money did november last year basically grazing this issue of our generation not being able to find jobs. Basically it says that 85% of college grads have to move back home because they cant find a job or cant afford a place to live on their own with the cost of student loans.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#27 Post by DarnYak »

Discombobulator wrote:I'll just say that you guys laughed at me back when I told you that America's doom is coming.
Because we're still in an extremely good position and its all fixable. Unfortunately the baby boomer generation still has power and is determined to suck the life out of the country.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#28 Post by Dekar »

I hope Germany stops throwing money at greece. :(
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer