My squirrel

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

My squirrel

#1 Post by DarnYak »

First one is from the day we found him, second was from a day or two ago. Sorry my camera phone is terrible.

How we found him: walking to class on the sidewalk next to the parking lot, I see a dead squirrel and wondered how it ended up there. Roommate pointed out it was still alive. I moved the thing over to the grass figuring its mom would find it, and if not i'd deal with it after class came out if someone else didn't help it. When class was done, I didn't see him, but then saw he had moved to the middle of the parking lot (not sure how he didn't get run over) - turns out he was freezing cold and was sitting there because it was warm (baby squirrels can't produce their own body heat). So I brought him home with me since I didn't have heart to leave him.

At the time I thought he was older and more self sufficient and would just need a bit of food/water and a safe place, but it turns out he had more or less just opened his eyes, was basicly blind and utterly helpless. I believe he was also on the verge of dying from hypothermia and/or starvation, because he curled up into a ball and stopped responding. Of course then we got some water for him and he freaked out trying to drink it making feeding him almost impossible.

So far its been 3 weeks and he's doing great, can see now, runs around, climbs...shits everywhere when i try to let him out of his cage. Sigh.

DarnYak
Baby Squirrel.jpg
0927102132-00.jpg

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: My squirrel

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

first
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

:D
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Furion
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by Furion »

Now you're a paladin in shining armor ;).
Even though it might never come to appreciate it anyways :P.
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#5 Post by Sparda963 »

was fully expecting a horse cock pic or something with this thread lol. wtf you gona do with the thing when its back to normal? let it go or keep it?
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#6 Post by Dekar »

Breeding a squirrel army!

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#7 Post by Reaper »

squirrels are asexual.
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Sparda963 wrote:wtf you gona do with the thing when its back to normal? let it go or keep it?
Still trying to figure that out. Partly torn because i dont have a good nearby place to release it (and i'm moving at the end of the year), but i'm also not sure i can even keep the thing inside. It at least partly depends on how well he behaves - so far he's been great, but i've read lots of stories that they can become nightmares when they're older - but that can happen for all pets.

DarnYak

Poolman756
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by Poolman756 »

So, what did you do with it?!?! I gotta know!
Why would you not love pie? You know its a sin not to. Pie > God. Even His commandments can't prove this is not true.

jamn455: me wants all the robot penises in his mouth

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by jamn455 »

He hasn't said anything, so I would have to assume that he ate it.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

It has kind of a sad end. Kind of because the end is unknown.

So after about 6 weeks he was getting really big and active. With me he wasn't really a problem (although he was a massive attention whore). However it was turning into a constant fight with my roommate about him. Finally I had to conceed given where I lived at the time, plus he was so active and basicly impossible to control (fucking squirrels are really fast and loved to jump on people), we agreed on a plan to phase moving him outside and not interacting with people anymore.

So first day of implimenting this was me taking him outside to let him explore a tree, run around, etc. He had a blast and spent like 2 hours just exploring one tree. Finally he came back down to me and looked like he was tired and ready to go in. However, while walking back into the house he decided to jump off me and run over to the street - NO HE DOES NOT GET RUN OVER (although i was nervous as hell about that). What he does unfortunately do is run under a parked car. At which point I completley lose track of him. I presume he ended up crawling up into the car from the bottom. I waited a while trying to find him but he never comes out / I can't locate him. It was like 7pm on a Saterday so i presume the car's going nowhere, and I reaized he was probably cold and just found a warm spot out of the wind, so I decide to come back a periodicly and look for him. Sometime around 10pm the car is no longer there. I wandered around the neighborhood looking for him the next day, and left food out, but I never saw any sign of him again.

My assumption is he crawled into the car's engine and either went to sleep or got lost and couldnt figure out how to get out. While being in a car engine isn't the best place, its completely possible he survived and ultimately got out. Or he horribly burned to death or got caught in a moving part or god knows what. I really don't know and kind of wish I did. It's also possible he wasn't in the car and instead living somewhere in the neighborhood, although I presume we'd have seen him by now if so.

So yea, poor squirrel =(

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#12 Post by Dekar »

:(