Cash for Clunkers?!

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Keilan

Re: Cash for Clunkers?!

#51 Post by Ford Prefect »

To be fair, the suggested sentence of, "let's paranoid the possibility of peak oil and global warming," is a bit beyond a typo.

As a member of that prestigious group known as "everyone," I take offense to your suggestion that I misuse words. I invite you to find any such misuses and point them out to me.
Last edited by Ford Prefect on August 18th, 2009, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember to observe Towel Day on May 25th.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#52 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Why the hell are you derailing this thread with your petty complaints? Really.

Yes, the original topic did stray off, but at least it was legit enough and not ranting on and on about a ridiculous word, one word. :roll:

I'll keep your challenge in mind though, just to humor you.

A mod can close this now as far as I'm concerned. No real point in continuing this discussion.

America!

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#53 Post by Ford Prefect »

Why am I doing what you already did twice? No, it's three times now. Hmmm, methinks you should find a mirror before you point that finger of yours.

So, yes, why are you derailing this thread with your complaints, DN?

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#54 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I haven't been ranting on and on about a stupid word for the last three posts, Ford. Grow up.

America!

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#55 Post by Ford Prefect »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:I haven't been ranting on and on about a stupid word for the last three posts, Ford. Grow up.
Dark_Nemesis wrote:Why the hell are you derailing this thread with your petty complaints? Really.

Yes, the original topic did stray off, but at least it was legit enough and not ranting on and on about a ridiculous word, one word. :roll:

I'll keep your challenge in mind though, just to humor you.

A mod can close this now as far as I'm concerned. No real point in continuing this discussion.
Dark_Nemesis wrote:EVERYONE misuses words and spells incorrectly, everyone. Now you can start picking through those peoples' posts if you want, but complaining about a single word is rather paltry imo, and to do that as a tool of attack is unnecessary and immature. :|
Dark_Nemesis wrote:Paranoia, paranoid, take it any way you want.

I could start picking through your posts word by word if that is the way you feel about it.
Here is the sum total of your rant about the word, to which everything since, said by both myself and LeCitron, has been a response. If you're feeling exceedingly picky, you've technically been ranting because someone made a small comment about a word, rather than ranting about the word itself.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#56 Post by DarnYak »

As for Global Warming, I'll quickly sum up why I believe what I do, since this thread isn't about that
Actually, it is, because the cash for clunkers program got its start as an enviornmental idea to get dirty cars off the road.
I feel evidence supports that this particular warming is moving faster than in the past and that this acceleration is caused by the emission of fossil fuels.
Few quick notes since i'm short on time:
- There was a 300 year period called the 'little ice age' that ended in the 1850s, so anything coming out of there seems like a significant increase
- NASA revised its data due to flaws, showing 1934 and not the often cited 1998 was the hottest year
- Tempature recording stations, which are suppose to have strict guidelines (not near buildings, in the shade, etc.) are increasingly in violation of said guidelines due to expanding urban areas, so they end up surrounded by asphalt, in the sun, next to exhaust fans, etc. which totaly fuck up numbers yet are counted (there's a great website documenting them but i can't find it again)
Let's ignore the possibility of peak oil and global warming. So we can... save a tiny bit of money and keep doing shit stupidly?
Peak oil's another thing they've been talking about for decades and they keep being wrong (its almost always like 10 years from whatever today's date is). And this isn't a 'tiny' bit of money.
Let's just believe whatever we like despite what the majority of scientists think and industrialized countries treat as a legitimate policy item.
Scientists are just as trendy as every other group in humanity. You either agree with the majority or you suffer for it. On top of that, they're making a crapload off it by tying anything they want to studies based on it. I dont have time to find it now but i've seen a list of truely absurd studies, its like "how global warming affects drunk driving" or "climate change's effects on women in africa". On top of that, nobody continues to invest in studies that don't have some sort of alarmist result.

DarnYak

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#57 Post by jamn455 »

10/10 would read again.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips