Joe Satriani vs Coldplay

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Joe Satriani vs Coldplay

#1 Post by Perhaps »

I read the stories, see the photographs, world's in a crazy space.

So, there's a whole controversy of a Coldplay song called Vida La Vida which apparently sounds a lot like Joe Satriani's song "If I Could Fly," even to the point where Joe Satriani is challenging Coldplay to court. To some this may be old news, even to me it kind of is, but I just felt like posting it up anyways.

In my opinion Joe Satriani, could just simply turn it into something constructive like doing a collab song of the two, and split it 60/40 or some jass. There was someone who recorded Less Than Jake's concerts, who was selling copies for a pretty outrageous price, so Less Than Jake got a copy, reproduced it as a better quality, then sold copies for much less than what the guy was selling for, with the album name "Bootleg a Bootleg." Joe Satriani should take the example!

Anyways...
Express your thoughts and feeling with keen vigilance.
...and roll the dice!

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Joe Satriani vs Coldplay

#2 Post by Storamin »

Perhaps wrote:I read the stories, see the photographs, world's in a crazy space.

So, there's a whole controversy of a Coldplay song called Vida La Vida which apparently sounds a lot like Joe Satriani's song "If I Could Fly," even to the point where Joe Satriani is challenging Coldplay to court. To some this may be old news, even to me it kind of is, but I just felt like posting it up anyways.

In my opinion Joe Satriani, could just simply turn it into something constructive like doing a collab song of the two, and split it 60/40 or some jass. There was someone who recorded Less Than Jake's concerts, who was selling copies for a pretty outrageous price, so Less Than Jake got a copy, reproduced it as a better quality, then sold copies for much less than what the guy was selling for, with the album name "Bootleg a Bootleg." Joe Satriani should take the example!

Anyways...
Express your thoughts and feeling with keen vigilance.
...and roll the dice!
He probably wants to do something like that.

The law creates a starting point for bargaining. Prior to knowing what legal rights you (and the other party have), it's difficult to place a value on things. After going through a lawsuit (or the mere threat of one), both parties are more willing to come to the table and discuss things.