Match Settings "Bnet Gathering"

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Match Settings "Bnet Gathering"

#1 Post by Perhaps »

In my opinion 1on1 isn't exactly the best display of knowledge to EotA wasn't built for. So I have of an idea...

4 on 4 (stock match)
Map: Stormwail

High Elves: (Top Left)
Arcane Archer
Divine Wizard
Tactician
Infiltrator

United Creeps: (Bottom Right)
Aboreal Crusader
Ice Spinner
Dread Shaman
Grim Hag

I'm assuming the match is DarkNemisis and Jamn455, so I'm going to use their names in hearsay.

Anyways, Jamn455 and DarkNemisis will get to choose what team they want. Of course, if they both want the same team, I or someone else will flip a coin, roll a di, or use a random tool for who gets the team they want.

Each team will be alloted three players additional to the combatants. Those players will only do what they're told, but allowed some generic orders, like "aggressive all-out," "agressive flee at X%," "keep distance," "move to lane." The players will be told what skill points to put into in what order, where to build obelisks, or sell them.

The point of this is to offer Jamn455 and DarkNemesis a match where it's their ability and knowledge against each other, while being more than just a 1on1.

Feel free to suggest tweaks, as it's just an up in the air idea. Perhaps different hero sets? Have it be completely choice by Jamn455 and DarkNemesis of what heroes for a team? Maybe just stick to 1on1 for whatever reasons?

P.S. I made this thread separate from the other to isolate discussion on how the match will be arranged and played.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Match Settings "Bnet Gathering"

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

I really don't like this idea, sorry. And really, who said this is between Jamn and I? No one. I honestly wouldn't mind playing with Jamn, I don't care. 5v5 would be better imo.

And why have selected teams/roles/heroes? I hate rules/guidelines, not a chance I'm gonna follow these.

Don't count your chickens yet, this whole Bnet gathering might not work :roll:

Should this work, we have a simple 5v5 and pick whatever hero/race you want.

On a side not, though, I wouldn't mind playing shammy...
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

That system will also test their macro skills, so I'm all for it.

Heroes seem to be ok, but why limit the choice? Let the teamleader choose them, that also removes one point that could be used to justify a lose.

The fifth team slot is for observers? Yak and someone else. Should they give their gold and crystals to the team? Just gold would be closest to a real 4on4 I think. Their heroes would sit in their base or hide in the forest. Unless Yak released a special version.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

That system will also test their macro skills, so I'm all for it.
So would simply playing the game without all the damn regulations.
Heroes seem to be ok, but why limit the choice? Let the teamleader choose them, that also removes one point that could be used to justify a lose.
Agreed.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

I never said it would be, I'm saying your names in theory that you are. So I didn't have to beat around with "User 1," "User 2," and so on.

Well I considered 5on5, however I don't know if there'd be enough unbiased players. By biased players, I mean... Say someone like Discombobulator was on DarkNemesis's team. He may intentionally "slip up" in many scenarios. Or someone like Poolman being on Jamn's team giving Jamn advice, and making decisions on his own to better for the Jamn's win.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#6 Post by Tehw00tz »

Perhaps wrote:Or someone like Poolman being on Jamn's team giving Jamn advice, and making decisions on his own to better for the Jamn's win.

That was low
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP