OMFG MEAT

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.

The greatest meat in the world.

Beef. (Cow-related)
33%
Pork. (Pig-related)
27%
Poultry. (Bird-Related)
7%
Fish. (Read, dipshit)
7%
Crustaceans. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crustacean)
7%
Venison. (Antlered-animals, Deer, etc.)
13%
Mutton. (Sheep)
7%
Rabbits. (Hare, Bunny, Rabbit, etc.)
No votes
Other. (Bear, Dog, Cat, etc.)
No votes

Total votes: 15

Ion
Communist

OMFG MEAT

#1 Post by Ion »

This is a discussion, arguement and general debate on the greatest meat in the world. This is the greatest tasting, best cookingful, most awesomest meat you can ever eat.

The rating scale on meat goes as the following:

Flavor:
• x/10 [10 representing tasty without additives, 1 representing bitter/bad]
Tenderness:
• x/20 [Under 10 being soft and chewy, over 10 being hard]
Healthy:
• x/100 [100 being extremley healthy by nature, 0 being not healthy for you at all]
Practical Cooking Value (PCV):
• x/10 [Includes the cooking value of the meat in question, referring to the usefulness of the meat in cooking, how it might be mixed in with other less-important and/or tasty meats to create awesome dishes, and weather or not it can be served alone]
Overall Satisfaction
• x/10 [Eating this meat should leave you completely satisfied and happy, so long as the chef cooking it is competent. Some meats will leave some people unhappy however, so it's best to describe in your personal opinion, how this meat leaves you sitting].

Note the first three ratings (not OS) have to be backed up with evidence. Can't just be "LOL I LYK IT SO IT IZ THA GRATAEST!!!11!1one!1!!". Put up some cooking recipies, show us the look of dishes, explain experiances you've had either preparing or eating the meet. I expect anyone who bothers to argue to rate at least 3 meats (for those who aren't fanatical about food, and shame be on you, you probably don't care past 3).

Doesn't all have to be in one post. Have fun, eat lots.

Let the debate, BEGIN!
Ion.

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#2 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

What's being classified as meat, though?

AedharinSadai
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by AedharinSadai »

[x] pork!

nothing > pork; pork > all end of discussion

Ion
Communist

#4 Post by Ion »

Meat constitues as anything that isn't vegetables and fruit, and crappy stuff like that. Meat is awesome. Bread, Vegetables, Fruit.

Pussy shit!

=D

So that means that the formula for finding out weither something is a "meat" or is simply "extra bullshit" you:

Take the food.
Stick it in a blender.
If it comes out red, it's meat.
If it comes out white, it's definately some sort of meat.
If it smells like Sushi, minus the seaweed, the rice and extra flavouring stuff they put in, it's probably meat.

*NOTE*

If you actually do that, I hope you fall in a large pit of fire and burn. So I can eat you.

No but seriously, http://www.dictionary.com meat and you can tell me what's meat and what isn't. Fact is, if you're going to vote other, put it down. Hell get some vegetarians in here to bitch about why meat isn't cool. Meat kicks ass, but obviously, it's ass-kickingness isn't made for everyone. I invite anyone to debate about why eating meat is bad.

I'm just not promising I'm going to listen. I'm sure someone cares!

-looks at the Germans-
Ion.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Strychnyne »

What about the worst meat? I see Pork is doing well, and I despise that stuff. Mostly. What say you?

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#6 Post by Hammel »

Nothing over mutton... ~~. Back filet of dike lamb rules you all untill the Eve of the Apocalypse. Then the Pota will take over (Jeez, I hate potatoes, noodles ftw).

Btw: You idiots make me hungry ;).

-Ham

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Gotta say Pork here. Nothing beats a good Pulled Pork sandwich. (Better as a BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, but hey, you said no additives.)
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

Pork is teh uberzorz! BACON FTW.
Flavor-9
Tenderness- Crunchy would be like 12?
Healthy-like negative 23?
PCV- 8
Overall Satisfaction- 11
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Hammel »

Just ate roasted duck... POULTRY FTW

Tasty, not too unhealthy and a bit crunchy.

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by Ocean.dll »

Rawr! My names Ocean! I'm from the mid west and we like our Cow here! Its fairly unhealthy for you, so long as you compare it to other meats, but a good steak is awesome regardless if it has spices or not. How will our hometown football teams be able to kick our cross-town rival's ass if they aren't being powered by good ol' 100% all American RED meat?
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Hammel »

Ocean.dll wrote:How will our hometown football teams be able to kick our cross-town rival's ass if they aren't being powered by good ol' 100% all American RED meat?
Simply by being better? By letting the enemy have poultry, making them fly away?

-Ham

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#12 Post by Ocean.dll »

Skill is by far the least important thing involved in any sport where I live. [/sarcasm] Its all about 'dedication' and 'determination' and 'heart' so even if you suck you can still win.[/sarcasm end] We sent our football team to a bonding camp this year so they could become better friends. Ridiculous if you ask me. The funny thing is, our football team still sucks.

Beef all the way!
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Hammel »

Last year in English class, we've read a book "The Wave" by Morton Rue (or Rhue)... it was about influencing pupils like the Nazi regime did with the Germans, and what they would do... it was a bit shocking, especially since such an experiment really took place.

In the book, a history teacher founded a pupil movement called "The Wave" and they had some mottos, "Strength through discipline", "Strength through community" and another one I forgot, and the pupils went out and recruited new members and stuff.

In the end (after just one week) the teacher nearly got fired, pupils stayed away from their courses to be in that history course and everything was going down... people got threatened if they didn't join the Wave and they were not allowed to sit in some parts of the football stadium.

Why I thought of this? The Wave bases on community and in the book, a football team that (nearly?) never won before thought it could win with these mottos... I dont have to say they got stomped, do I?

-Ham

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Strychnyne »

Dammit, I want a meat sandwhich. With ALL meats.