Obama Inauguration

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Obama Inauguration

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

Anyone watch the inauguration?

Watched bits on Youtube. As usual Obamie's speech was laced with flowery rhetoric, with little or no substance underneath, interesting enough though.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

Re: Obama Inauguration

#2 Post by Kibiyama »

Saw bits of it at school. Lots of black people saying how excited they were to be part of history. Not sure what kind of math they used to figure that one out, but I guess that means that since I'm white I've landed on the moon.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

I did watch the Iniggeration

Just getting it out the way.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by CryptLord1234 »

The Onion: "Black man given worst job in world."

Still and all, I would've liked to watch it. Stupid physics lab.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#5 Post by jamn455 »

I did watch it. I would have to say the worst part was the poem that was read after his speech. Well, more of the jumble of random words read after his speech.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:I did watch the Iniggeration

Just getting it out the way.
Now, now, Tehwootz, don't pass the race card around. We all know only Obamie and his party are only allowed to do that. :wink:
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Kibiyama »

As long as race is the subject, my community college (predominantly black) doesn't get MLK day off, but my main college (predominantly white) does.

As a side note, nobody in my Requirements Management class knew this, so we all showed up and waited for our (black) instructor to show up for a good 15 minutes before asking the office. Although, I would've been there anyway because I have classes at the community college before and after.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

obama.jpg
Germany likes you americans again btw.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:Germany likes you americans again btw.
Why doesn't Europe elect black people if they love the idea so much?

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#10 Post by Dekar »

We have none because we dont let them into the EU so we cant elect them?

We don't exactly like Obama being black, we like that Bush is gone.
CHANGE! Yes you can!

Taking care of environmental pollution, stopping the unjust wars, whatever.

Not telling people germany is part of the axis of evil again. :P

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:We have none because we dont let them into the EU so we cant elect them?

CHANGE! Yes you can!

Taking care of environmental pollution, stopping the unjust wars, whatever.

Not telling people germany is part of the axis of evil again. :P
I don't recall Bush ever saying Germany was a part of axis of evil. And a war against terror is never unjust. :wink:

Germany might want to learn that one, just my opinion.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

Then why do most the quotes I see out of europe about him reference his race? And why were you guys so anti-McCain, he's not bush. I also know most polls about obama world wide dont know shit about his policies, its always because he's not white or not Bush...not a particullarly strong arguement in favor of the guy. Granted, you aren't making that arguement here, but others are.
Not telling people germany is part of the axis of evil again.
When was this? And Bush could never keep his shit straight, so that doesnt mean much.

DarnYak

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#13 Post by Leek »

McCain might not have been Bush but he was a moron, and Palin was a complete retard.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

To DarnYak:

My guess would be because McCain is a Conservative and favors smaller Government and less socialization of things. Europe, on the other hand, is well known to be ardently Liberal and favors the socialization of just about anything. Since Obama shares these same, radical views, it makes perfect sense. My thought.

To Leek:

McCain is a war hero. You don't have to like him or even agree with his policies, fine. I don't like some of what he stands for. But at least he has experience. Obama has shit for anything foreign, or even economic for that matter.

And honestly, if you've got friends such as Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright, who you claim had a profound impact on you as a person, I sure as hell don't want you for president.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#15 Post by Dekar »

Looks like 5 years had a little impact on my memory.
Bush used the heavily connotated word Axis of Evil thought and that was not very well recieved in Germany.

People would propably talk less about Obamas color if he wouldnt be the first black president. But he is the first.

If Jews in Germany would generally have a worse life than Christs and one becomes head of the state, the world would take note, too.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by DarnYak »

Bush used the heavily connotated word Axis of Evil thought and that was not very well recieved in Germany.
Uh, he wasn't saying Germany was part of the "new Axis of Evil". I fail to see you're point. It was a historical comparision, maybe overstated but it wasn't any sort of attack on germany.
People would propably talk less about Obamas color if he wouldnt be the first black president. But he is the first.
I think talking about it alone is dumb (btw, he's half white too) since we advocate colorblindness so much. My issue is a huge chunk of the world wanted him purely for the reason he was black, without regard to any possible policy issues he has (if they even know his policies - which they probably don't, since most americans don't...and even I, who follows this stuff a lot, can't pin down exactly where he stands on many things or what he'll do)

DarnYak

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by DarkNemesis »

DarnYak wrote:
Uh, he wasn't saying Germany was part of the "new Axis of Evil". I fail to see you're point. It was a historical comparision, maybe overstated but it wasn't any sort of attack on germany.
I think talking about it alone is dumb (btw, he's half white too) since we advocate colorblindness so much. My issue is a huge chunk of the world wanted him purely for the reason he was black, without regard to any possible policy issues he has (if they even know his policies - which they probably don't, since most americans don't...and even I, who follows this stuff a lot, can't pin down exactly where he stands on many things or what he'll do)

DarnYak
This is true as well. While he is crystal clear on some issues, some others, mainly social, he dodges the mark...a generalist.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#18 Post by Sparda963 »

DarkNemesis wrote:To DarnYak:

My guess would be because McCain is a Conservative and favors smaller Government and less socialization of things. Europe, on the other hand, is well known to be ardently Liberal and favors the socialization of just about anything. Since Obama shares these same, radical views, it makes perfect sense. My thought.
You mean like the Republican President giving out massive tax payer funded checks to private businesses (The Banks, and now Automotive Industry) and then taking stock in those companies?
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by DarkNemesis »

Sparda963 wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:To DarnYak:

You mean like the Republican President giving out massive tax payer funded checks to private businesses (The Banks, and now Automotive Industry) and then taking stock in those companies?
The Bank and Automotive bailout funds were overwhelmingly supported by Democrats, not Republicans. In fact, most Republicans were opposed to such funds.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#20 Post by Leek »

Bush also assaulted the German Chancellor.

So McCain is a war hero... you mean veteran. Ok, so his foreign policy experience is killing said foreign people. Excellent. The world needs more war.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#21 Post by DarnYak »

Just FYI, the auto "bailout" was technically a loan, so the government's suppose to get the money back in the long run. The bank one was similar, just the government acquired other assets (ie bad mortgages) that will, in theory, go back up in value in time. This isn't to say I support it, but its not like we were giving money away free, which makes it slightly more tolerable.

Edit: And I agree fully with Storamin's post below. Had completely missed what was said about McCain.

DarnYak

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Storamin »

Leek wrote:Bush also assaulted the German Chancellor.

So McCain is a war hero... you mean veteran. Ok, so his foreign policy experience is killing said foreign people. Excellent. The world needs more war.
I'm going to take extreme offense from this.

Mr. McCain spent years in a fucking prison, where he was tortured, during a war. How do you think that makes him feel? Do you think that makes him want to send troops overseas to fight a war, or do you think it would give him cause for concern to NOT send them overseas to fight a war and send our young into the same situation he was in. It's when people become detached from the very thing they are willing to send others through that you have unjust wars. Just think that through before you post. EVER again.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#23 Post by Leek »

Storamin wrote:
Leek wrote:So McCain is a war hero... you mean veteran. Ok, so his foreign policy experience is killing said foreign people. Excellent. The world needs more war.
I'm going to take extreme offense from this.

Mr. McCain spent years in a fucking prison, where he was tortured, during a war. How do you think that makes him feel? Do you think that makes him want to send troops overseas to fight a war, or do you think it would give him cause for concern to NOT send them overseas to fight a war and send our young into the same situation he was in. It's when people become detached from the very thing they are willing to send others through that you have unjust wars. Just think that through before you post. EVER again.
Fair enough, I retract my statement after having informed myself more about McCains military service. I made the comment without having as much knowledge as I should have, my apologies.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#24 Post by jamn455 »

So what? He got shot down and captured. What did you think was going to happen to him? Were they going to bake cookies for him, give him glasses of warm milk before bed. That was the risk he took when he joined the U.S. Armed Services. Oh and before you go YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HE WENT THROUGH, my deceased grandfather was shot down 4 times during Vietnam and he was never captured, even when he broke both of his legs and four ribs.

He is a war veteran, and I appreciate that he fought so I wouldn't have to, but he is not president material. If he would have chosen a better VP, such as Mitt Romney, he would have contested the northeastern states. Instead he won Alaska, good for him.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#25 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:So what? He got shot down and captured. What did you think was going to happen to him? Were they going to bake cookies for him, give him glasses of warm milk before bed. That was the risk he took when he joined the U.S. Armed Services. Oh and before you go YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HE WENT THROUGH, my deceased grandfather was shot down 4 times during Vietnam and he was never captured, even when he broke both of his legs and four ribs.

He is a war veteran, and I appreciate that he fought so I wouldn't have to, but he is not president material. If he would have chosen a better VP, such as Mitt Romney, he would have contested the northeastern states. Instead he won Alaska, good for him.
Strangely enough, I agree with some of what Jamn is saying here. Although I like Palin as a person, I felt she didn't have enough experience to run, even though she has more than Obamie, who, through the ignorance of people and his flowery talk, managed to become president.

And even if McCain would have picked Romney or someone else, it is doubtful he would have secured any of the northeastern states, other than the Carolina's and Virgina, which are Right-leaning anyway. The northeastern section of the U.S is ardently liberal, so it wouldn't have mattered who he picked.

As for McCain and his service, Jamn you are clearly overstepping your words. He served in the U.S. Military and was tortured and all you can say is so what? Very shallow, and yes, on the verge of sounding un-American. Notice I said sounding, so don't even think about taking what I said out of context. If you really "appreciate" him fighting, then why the "So What" BS?

I think an explanation is in order, sir.