No Cross Realm Support! WTF?

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

No Cross Realm Support! WTF?

#1 Post by Dekar »

There are many Europeans that have loads of American friends, and have a problem finding matches with Americans. I know you've already promised to bridge this divide...

[Bob Colayco: That's not the case.]

No, it'll be structured very similarly to World of Warcraft, where you've got the European region and players matched against the other players within their region.

[BC: We haven't promised anything like that. That's something we'll look into, but I just wanted to jump in and clarify that.]

But you're not excluding the possibility – you're just saying there are no current plans for it?

StarCraft 2There are no current plans for it, and if you're a European player and you've got friends that are in another region that you want to be able to connect with, we definitely want to support that. It might mean that you have to access it through the US client, but those facilities will definitely be available in terms of, if you want the US client, go to the US website, download the US client.

So I can use my same account?

No.

So I need to buy two clients, that's what you're saying?

Yeah.

But I can have two of them in my Battle.net account?

You'd have an EU Battle.net account, and a US Battle.net account.

And that wouldn't be against the Terms of Service or End User License Agreement?

No. I'm pretty sure that's not against the TOS or EULA, but you'd be subject to the terms of the EULA for the region in which you're playing.

Source: http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/270 ... nterview/2

Old Dev Chat:

Q: How far in the 'long term' are those plans which allow for swapping to U.S. servers on an E.U. account - or a global account?
A: Jumping to the region you want is definitely in the long term plan for Battle.net, although we do have some concerns about communicating properly to the player what's happening if they choose this because it WILL affect the latency of the game. As far as a date on when, I don't have one yet. There are a number of features that we want to make sure get out their first and jumping to different servers is lower on the priority list at the moment.

Seriously Blizzard WTF?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Cross Realm Support! WTF?

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Most of their decisions in regards to bnet are just 'WTF' to me.

Really sucks.

DarnYak

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

I hope they don't make these terrible decisions with Diablo 3. I've already decided I'm not buying Starcraft 2
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Blizzard is screwing up with this game badly... and not just in a way that will turn off their hardcore fans, but in ways that really piss off normal people. No Tournaments on Bnet for melee? Screwed up map publishing? Making you know the RealID to friend someone? No analogue of clans? It's just very, very bad.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#5 Post by Dekar »

SEA players get access to NA servers!
Once the new patch is available, you can log into the Battle.net Account Management at http://www.battle.net with your username and password.

After you have logged in, click “Account” in the upper left-hand corner of the site. Under “Your Game Accounts”, there will be an option to “Add Game” for the NA version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. To activate, just click “Add Game” and you will immediately have the NA license on your Battle.net Account.

The in-game region selector will be integrated into the StarCraft II client. You can choose which region to play in before logging into your Battle.net account.

IMPORTANT: Be advised that patching and maintenance takes place at different times in each region. As a result you might be temporarily unable to access SEA games if you download the latest patch by connecting to NA.

If you connect to the NA region with a new patch, you will be unable to play in SEA/ANZ until this region is updated to the new patch as well, typically a day later. Once all regions have been updated to the same patch this will no longer be an issue.

Please take this into account when deciding when and where you'll play during patch days.
Yay, progress.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by mianmian »

However it looks like SEA might be the only people who get cross realm tomorrow....
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#7 Post by Dekar »

I hope and see it a testrun and that the second feature patch will bring more unlocking.

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#8 Post by GeneralFunk »

Yar har har, and who was saying I was just being overly negative in thinking Blizzard would be complete chuds? <_<

crimso
Wanderer
Wanderer

#9 Post by crimso »

Dekar wrote:Yay, progress.
Yay, progress.

Funfact: the SEA server is housed in Singapore; up until sometime around the launch of Starcraft 2, a number of ISPs routed connections across the various underwater landlines from Australia via the US -> Japan -> Singapore then back again, giving a signifigantly larger ping than the proposed "faster speeds of a local server" which was the reason they region locked people in the first place. It was just cheaper and more convenient on the ISP's end that way apparently.
And from what i've been lead to understand, the volume of people all of a sudden not so happy with 400+ms caused a few changes to which lines most of our money gouging providers of online services use.

Still odd that there's no mention of cross-realming to/from the EU servers, though i did notice this little tidbit in the SITREP article:
We have mid- to long-term plans to further evolve the Custom Game experience, and soon, enhance our social features with the addition of chat channels.

Furion
Resident
Resident

#10 Post by Furion »

Yeah, i really hope that they will improve the service in a way that will allow crossrealm chatting and playing custom games for everyone...
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#11 Post by Dekar »

NEWS!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3085760

For fucks sake EU gets linked with russia only for now, happy cyrillic funtimes incoming.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

Awesome, US and mexico getting linked, now I get to deal with people that can't speak english on bnet as well as irl!

This is stupid. Nobody wants them merged, they just want the fucking option to go to another one if they desire.

DarnYak

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#13 Post by Discombobulator »

большим успехом!
I'm this forum's MVP.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#14 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

в Советской России, язык учит вас
I miss EotA :(

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#15 Post by Dekar »

:cry: