Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: SC2 Beta

#101 Post by Tehw00tz »

Mills wrote:
DarnYak wrote:First version of EotA in sc2!

It needs some work..

DarnYak
I can't wait to play it.
Question is, which will be out first, Diablo 3 or EotA.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#102 Post by GeneralFunk »

Running the torrents in uTorrent has gotten me farther in progress, but it still gimps out. Fortunately it got me the editor.

Unfortunately, it's not as sexy as I was hoping. I really hope it's because it's far from completion.

As far as EotA goes, what are you going to name it? The universe is obviously far themed from Twilight. Perhaps EotA: 2nd Realm? EotA: Aftermath? EotA: Second Coming?!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#103 Post by Dekar »

EotA: Twilight Princess

If Nintendo can make alternative universes, we can do it too!

The native list said the player limit is 32, does the Editor support it? I still couldnt get it working.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#104 Post by GeneralFunk »

Unless if there's some Ancient Chinese secret "max players" option hidden somewhere. I would say the limit is 16 players based of the "Map -> Player Properties". Though to get 16 players you'll have to sacrifice the neutral and hostile, changing them to "user" to get from 14 to 16. The nice thing about the players too, is they're 0 to 15 (0 is default neutral), which will help a lot of the 1 and 0 awkwardness of player display numbers and true player numbers.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#105 Post by Dekar »

Blizz holds off patch 9 for another 6 hours for Europe. :[

Only the japanese can distract me from my pain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqVO80y92OE#t=1m45s

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#106 Post by Kalrithus »

I used the convert legacy map option to port over a rough eota: exodus. Naturally all it could get was a loose version of the terrain but it still looks interesting. Using the Korhal texture for best effect so far.
Overlook of EotA: Exodus terrain convert
Overlook of EotA: Exodus terrain convert

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#107 Post by Dekar »

Blizz delays patch 9 for europe. :[

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#108 Post by DarnYak »

The EotA 2 thing was a joke, i just imported the terrain and you can VAGUELY see the maps

Frankly i dont understand why the importer exists at all.
well finally figured out how to totally make a new unit and attach the model, sure took awhile. You have to create a separate actor, model, effects, weapons etc for each unit you do
Yea it took me along time to figure out even basic shit. I think they made it overly complex, and worse, potentially extremely tedious, to add anything basic. I mean shit, I hated having to create like 4ish entries to make a semi complicated spell for eota, now i have to make the same amount or more for the most basic of things.

DarnYak

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#109 Post by Kalrithus »

Well I've noticed shortcuts exist, by using the duplicate object option you can copy a great deal of options and have them automatically generated for you so all you have to do is go back and tweak them. Mainly only of use on simple things though

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#110 Post by GeneralFunk »

DarnYak wrote:Frankly i dont understand why the importer exists at all.
It's probably hit or miss, for some maps that aren't too overly complicated in design it'll work. If it doesn't work, meh. It's a good chance to start new. If it works, then DAISEIKOU!

You gonna deck out with a hella lot of skills? The command cards offer a more supported superior version of spell books, like the ability to cycle through them back or forward by using two "navigation" buttons in each command card. Doing so would effectively allow for 46 abilities for a unit type (this includes two buttons dedicated to back/foward and basic commands)

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#111 Post by Kalrithus »

I think the trouble would be coming up with all those abilities then going through the tedious process of creating them under the new system. I've been at it for hours and it still gives me a headache.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#112 Post by DarnYak »

You gonna deck out with a hella lot of skills? The command cards offer a more supported superior version of spell books
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the editor isn't powerful. I am saying the interface (so far) feels very cumbersome, and for some things there is just too much clutter. They basicly made abilities the new gui trigger editor, in a very weird format that's difficult to navigate. i'm sure it'll make a hell of a lot more sense once I've used it more, but it feels much less newbie friendly then previous ones.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#113 Post by Dekar »

The trigger editor actions are so awesome:

-Global Suicide
-Orphan Actor Scope: tells an actor scope to orphan itself, meaning that, once all of the actors inside of that scope have died, the scope will kill itself. ;_;

edit:

Replaced gauss rifle effect with Ghost - Nuke ( Damage ): Instant Nuke Launcher

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#114 Post by Dekar »

The lighting editor and everything else light related is nice.

http://www.sc2mod.com/board/index.php?p ... hreadID=81

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#115 Post by Dekar »

New Dev Chat:

Q: How far in the 'long term' are those plans which allow for swapping to U.S. servers on an E.U. account - or a global account?
A: Jumping to the region you want is definitely in the long term plan for Battle.net, although we do have some concerns about communicating properly to the player what's happening if they choose this because it WILL affect the latency of the game. As far as a date on when, I don't have one yet. There are a number of features that we want to make sure get out their first and jumping to different servers is lower on the priority list at the moment.

Q. Currently the Map Editor has a small variety of unit/item models for mappers to use. Will there be additions to usable models?
A. Yes. Currently the beta is limited to objects ONLY in the beta, which is a limited number of tilesets and no campaign units or objects. There will be a much larger set of models and assets for mappers to use at launch.

Q: SinglePlayer - will we see installation missions in Zerg hives or tunnels? Always wished for this in StarCraft.
A: We'd prefer not to ruin any further surprises . . . ;)

Q: Will the map editor be revised to be more newbie-friendly around release?
A: We have plans to put some new user help files online and additional help text, but overall the editor will not get many more newbie-friendly options as making custom maps is a pretty technical endeavor and there is already a lot of great information appearing all over the web to help with more complex development.

Q: Please clarify response: Has the 125ms latency update been in effect since the last update or will it be available with the next?
A: We put this in a while ago in the US to see what the community response was. We did not announce it (even internally) to see who noticed. There was suprisingly little response to such a huge change. But some of us noticed and we thought it felt better.

Q. Getting custom script into maps is currently complex. Are there plans to implement Galaxy scripting directly into the editor?
A. There are currently no plans for Galaxy script editing in the editor itself. However, through the Import Manager it should be pretty easy to add in your scripts as necessary. Are you having trouble doing it that way?

Q: Can you detail how the map publishing feature is going to work?
A: Sure. Map publishing will allow the user to store a few maps or mods associated with their account. You can choose to publish a map privately which will not display the map in the custom game list when you open it up, but you ca invite your friends into a game on the map to help you test your map and ideas. Once you decide the map is ready for the rest of the community to play you can publish it publicly and then the map will be available for the rest of the community to see and start playing games with.

Sadly nothing about max player count for custom maps. But what they said sounds good.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#116 Post by DarnYak »

Today is a sad day.

:(

DarnYak

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#117 Post by Sparda963 »

why is that yak?
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#118 Post by Dekar »

End of Phase 1 of the beta!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#119 Post by DarnYak »

I suppose its good in a way, means closer to release. I'm just kinda surprised they dont leave beta open since they're still tweaking balance quite a bit.

DarnYak

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#120 Post by GeneralFunk »